This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruby
    I constructed patches on battle.net for Starcraft at that time.
    I can see it now...

From justin@blizzard.com Wed Jul 21 09:48:12 1999
    Received: from starlight (starlight.corp.blizzard.com [63.236.3.70])
    by mail.blizzard.com (SGI-8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id KAA59000
    for <sc_dev@blizzard.com>; Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:46:02 -0300 (PST)
    To: <sc_dev@blizzard.com>
    Subject: OMFG <3
    Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:48:12 -0300
    Message-ID: <000102c22f37$02ef7731$ecfaff80@blizzard.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----=_NextPart_000.0002_01D22F0D.1A1AF5D0"
    X-Priority: 3 (Normal) ...more header info follows, you get the picture

OMFG guys! wtf r u doing with starcraft? i wuz playing last night battle.net and some n00b wuz liek "you suck!" so I tell him "STFU ur a fag!" HAHAHAHAHAH

<3 <3 <3

HAHAHAHAH <3

any ways, i think they'res a probl3m with that network thingy. theres lights that blink on that box with the phone jack things on it. i try using my 31337 3ng1n33r1ng sk33lz (OLYMPIACOMMUNITYCOLLEGE4CHAMPS) on it and i think it bit me.

-NT- -NT- -NT-

HAHAHAhaha <3 <3

can i have a fuking raise alreedy?
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Am I going to have to move this to trash talk?
      -Dantax
      The Internet connects us all,
      The short, the fat, the thin, the tall,
      we buy, we sell, we learn, we grow,
      dial-up, fizz-fuzz, connect, let's go!

Comment

Hmm Trench is down again with all of SSCU and it looks liek billing is down in SSCE

Edit: Its back now, nm
        Last edited by Superted; 07-24-2002, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I was asking for help, I may be a rich fuk, but I don't got no damn money to make a fucking server to support so many people. Sorry, I will never try to help this piece of shit TW community again, as I get stupid ass replies like this that are BS. Fuck you.
          Ruby, I don't think anyone was trying to stop you from investigating the possibility of a company dontating resources to this little game we play. In fact, if you did, that would be great. It would be a difficult task, though. It's quite easy to sit back and say "Go find a server in the US that will host it". It's tougher to actually accomplish.

Advertising is *not* the way to go. Again, no company would pay to have their message seen by 600 people. You would have to get the storage, location, bandwidth, and support donated. If you are actually serious in your "move the server to the US" pitch, you should start the search. The US people wish you good luck, while the Euros wish you bad

llater,
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd

I can see it now...

From justin@blizzard.com Wed Jul 21 09:48:12 1999
            Received: from starlight (starlight.corp.blizzard.com [63.236.3.70])
            by mail.blizzard.com (SGI-8.9.3/8.9.3) with SMTP id KAA59000
            for <sc_dev@blizzard.com>; Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:46:02 -0300 (PST)
            To: <sc_dev@blizzard.com>
            Subject: OMFG <3
            Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:48:12 -0300
            Message-ID: <000102c22f37$02ef7731$ecfaff80@blizzard.com>
            MIME-Version: 1.0
            Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
            boundary="----=_NextPart_000.0002_01D22F0D.1A1AF5D0"
            X-Priority: 3 (Normal) ...more header info follows, you get the picture

OMFG guys! wtf r u doing with starcraft? i wuz playing last night battle.net and some n00b wuz liek "you suck!" so I tell him "STFU ur a fag!" HAHAHAHAHAH

<3 <3 <3

HAHAHAHAH <3

any ways, i think they'res a probl3m with that network thingy. theres lights that blink on that box with the phone jack things on it. i try using my 31337 3ng1n33r1ng sk33lz (OLYMPIACOMMUNITYCOLLEGE4CHAMPS) on it and i think it bit me.

-NT- -NT- -NT-

HAHAHAhaha <3 <3

can i have a fuking raise alreedy?

You mispelled 'already.'

Comment

For a server in the U.S. how much bandwidth are we talking about? And any other information would be useful. Thanks

Comment

EUREKEA!

I have found the solution! i will fix the inadequate user base!!! everyone join in on the Continuum/Trench Wars advertisement campaign!!! I am gonna post flyers at my university!! u guys should post flyers at your jobs/schools/neighborhoods/churches
                lets get everyone in on the fun!

as soon as we reach 1 million people, we can get the servers for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

but wait... we already do get them for free!

hmmm...

im confused!

Comment

Originally posted by brookus

Ruby, I don't think anyone was trying to stop you from investigating the possibility of a company dontating resources to this little game we play. In fact, if you did, that would be great. It would be a difficult task, though. It's quite easy to sit back and say "Go find a server in the US that will host it". It's tougher to actually accomplish.

Advertising is *not* the way to go. Again, no company would pay to have their message seen by 600 people. You would have to get the storage, location, bandwidth, and support donated. If you are actually serious in your "move the server to the US" pitch, you should start the search. The US people wish you good luck, while the Euros wish you bad

llater,
                  Tony
                  I just dont agree on one thing, i wanted to post it on your other post too, but i havent...nm

If you are talking about SSCU incommon (which Ruby was), then it would probably be more than 600 people (around 1500 or more) but i doubt it matters...cause noone would advertise anyways...just wanted to say that...i agree with everything else, ruby doesnt have a clue...

Ri
                  (Squitch)> Is Ri a bot???

Comment

Ri, I like your user text. Dead Man fan?
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Why the hell is this thread even here? Why the hell did it start? Sonera has been providing us with a perfectly good server for several years now, and it's still good. Every time it goes down (once every 5 months), people whine about setting up a server elsewhere.

If you get a separate server up somewhere, what then? You think Pri will just give up on Sonera and take TW off SSCU? There already ARE various North American servers in the SSC system, but TW happens to be on SSCU. And there's really no reason to change that.

As for lag, fu: Someone's always gonna be screwed location-wise.
                      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
                        Why the hell is this thread even here? Why the hell did it start? Sonera has been providing us with a perfectly good server for several years now, and it's still good. Every time it goes down (once every 5 months), people whine about setting up a server elsewhere.

If you get a separate server up somewhere, what then? You think Pri will just give up on Sonera and take TW off SSCU? There already ARE various North American servers in the SSC system, but TW happens to be on SSCU. And there's really no reason to change that.

As for lag, fu: Someone's always gonna be screwed location-wise.
                        For the last time I'll say that servers can co-inside with eachother, it's called a WAN fools.

Originally posted by RiArmada

I just dont agree on one thing, i wanted to post it on your other post too, but i havent...nm

If you are talking about SSCU incommon (which Ruby was), then it would probably be more than 600 people (around 1500 or more) but i doubt it matters...cause noone would advertise anyways...just wanted to say that...i agree with everything else, ruby doesnt have a clue...

Ri
                        Ya, I don't have a clue, that's why I run one of the most successful counter-strike servers, with tournaments, and the OGL recommends every squad to play on it.
                        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Ya, I don't have a clue
                          What the hell does a WAN have to do with this? You can't have subgame running on two different machines at two different locations and call it one server.
                          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Ya, I don't have a clue, that's why I run one of the most successful counter-strike servers, with tournaments, and the OGL recommends every squad to play on it.
                            Perhaps instead of typing about a new server Ruby, you should go get one and set it up and work with Prit on it. If you have all this knowledge about how to find and setup a server, bandwidth, and support for no cost, you should go do it.

You're going to need to modify your action items and make this a top priority. Go go go!

llater,
                            Tony

Comment

What the hell does a WAN have to do with this? You can't have subgame running on two different machines at two different locations and call it one server.
                              Actually this is possible, I believe. However, your performance is still going to be limited by the connection speed between the two servers. This, as we all know, isn't wonderful.

I'm digging a hole in my back yard that, if my calculations are correct, should run straight to Finland*. With some fiber I have laying around, I'm going to set up a nice direct connection to the server. We'd probably want to piggyback on that connection.

*Note: if my calculations are off, I may end up under Mantra's house. *shudder*

llater,
                              Tony

Comment

OMFG, go take networking course sometime, jesus. Battle.net has many, many servers that co-inside to one location. This would work as the same with the subspace server, it isn't that hard, and I can't do it by myself, I was asking for some help/suggestions. Not spam/BS/people who don't know what I'm talking about saying it's "reality" when it's total fucking bs.

USWest, USEast, Asia 1, 2, 3 Servers, and Europe Server's are all of B.net's servers located around the Globe. Please Louis, when you talk about things, know what you're talking about.
                                I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                                X