X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annux

You mispelled 'already.'

hee hee hee
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

OMFG, go take networking course sometime, jesus. Battle.net has many, many servers that co-inside to one location. This would work as the same with the subspace server, it isn't that hard, and I can't do it by myself, I was asking for some help/suggestions. Not spam/BS/people who don't know what I'm talking about saying it's "reality" when it's total fucking bs.

USWest, USEast, Asia 1, 2, 3 Servers, and Europe Server's are all of B.net's servers located around the Globe. Please Louis, when you talk about things, know what you're talking about.
      That's because Battle.net is just a chat room. Games are hosted locally with a connection to their server. If you hosted SS like that with multiple servers 1/2 way around the world from eachother the lag will be horrible!

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

wtf not all americans lag. . . i dont . . . 2 much=P. . . .ALL HAIL CIG'S LAG tho its mean
        Season 8 TWLJ + TWBL Champ.:P

Comment

_o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

That's because Battle.net is just a chat room. Games are hosted locally with a connection to their server. If you hosted SS like that with multiple servers 1/2 way around the world from eachother the lag will be horrible!

-Epi
            It all depends epi, if there is only 2 servers, the lag would be greatly improved.
            I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

I think it would be great to do what ruby suggested. The problem is, who is going to take all that time for a free played 2d internet space game?
              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Ruby, for the love of god, it's COINCIDE. Sometimes you can be so dim-witted that I don't know whether it would be appropriate to laugh at you or cry for you. Leave the networking to those who have a clue. Thanks, here's your complimentary mint. Have a nice day.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I'm afraid Epi's right. In that sense (such as b.net or even plain old IRC) we already have 'coinciding servers' - billing and chats are all routed through the main SSC server at SSCU. If that's what you were talking about Ruby, it's already in place. As for making two subspace zones that route game data to each other (even if it was possible), there would really be no point as far as I can see. It's just like putting in a middle-man between clients and the other server. Example: Californians would still lag (except only to the euros now rather than to everyone).

And I recall PriitK mentioning that he had toyed with the idea of a distributed server system, but found that it wasn't practical for this type of game.
                  'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                  sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

why dont they design a way to run SS without a central server?

Comment

Originally posted by Seize
                      why dont they design a way to run SS without a central server?
                      Cause then it's very very easy to cheat. Counterstrike anyone?

-Epi
                      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                      www.animeslice.com

Comment

hmm...

people cheat now anyways, but i suppose it would get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

Cause then it's very very easy to cheat. Counterstrike anyone?

-Epi
                          Wallhack'd. EZ. Good game. I win.

Comment

Thank you for putting Trench Wars up on the temporary server, Priit, not only are you fixing the problem, but you are still allowing people to play. You never seice to amaze me. Good luck on getting it back to the original.
                            Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                              Ruby, for the love of god, it's COINCIDE. Sometimes you can be so dim-witted that I don't know whether it would be appropriate to laugh at you or cry for you. Leave the networking to those who have a clue. Thanks, here's your complimentary mint. Have a nice day.
                              I have a degree in CISCO networking and a computer science degree.. and I run my own server..

You obviously have personal issues to seek out, go call the local counciler, because your IQ is skating on thin ice.

Edit: Whatever you say you ass leg.
                              Last edited by Ruby; 07-25-2002, 03:18 PM.
                              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby

I have a degree in CISCO networking and a computer science degree.. and I run my own server..
                                If anything, you have a Cisco CERTIFICATION. Certifications and degrees are two totally different things. And somehow, I doubt you're a CCNA.
                                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Working...
                                X