• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah I'm in for this, bring it Riverside
    Phiz> I probably am gay
    Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

turb cud u pm me back
      1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
      Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
      1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
      1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
      beam> stfu tsunami
      Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
      beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
      Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

lol turban gonna rip you guys offf big timeeeeeeee

Comment

am da most trust-worthy european plus this amount of money is absolutely nothing for anyone that has work and/or free time to spend.

Comment

I will close the signups on Sunday, December 4th at 4:00 PM EST. Then the tournament will being exactly in 1 hour from that.

Comment

here's as a small status update at work from a grumpy ol' me: well, i'm not clearly getting enough teams to sign up for the tournament at the moment; basically only two teams are confirmed to participate in this tournament. we can always hope that more teams will sign up, but at the moment i see it unlikelyto happen despite the likes of apok, geio, raazi, riverside and scoop stating their interest of participating in a tournament like this one. guess those simply were only empty promises in the end, hah. nonetheless, the bot is ready for this tournament (with the option to force the tournament to 10 deaths) and we'll do this even if only 2-5 teams participate. if that will be the case, then i'll add some extra money from my own pockets and give the entire prize pool to the winning team.

now on to some more serious matters that most people will probably ignore or not even care to read through. if this tournament doesn't generate enough interest this weekend, or rather participants, then i'm most likely going to cancel every money buy-in tournament plans i had scheduled for the future, including the rather big tournament at the end of the TWL season and money tournaments with no buy-in but a cash prize (call it a freeroll if you want, similar to the free poker tournaments). it simply won't be worth the effort to try to run stuff like this if the public isn't interested of participating in a well-organized tournament hosted by someone that has pretty much never fucked up shit.

that's all for now. so exhausted.

Comment

however, as part of the event coordination team, i will still gladly assist anyone that needs help hosting tournaments like this in the future if there's someone willing to go through the trouble. that includes doing stuff like periodical zoners, news post on trench wars site, updating the trench wars calendar and similar things.

Comment

Thank you for doing all this work for nothing.
                  6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                  3 league vet

Comment

no problem!

Comment

So here's what I'm curious about, since I've been sorta watching the planning for this from a distance.... Just a week ago I had a poll running to see how many people would play in a tournament like this. In less than 3 days time, there was 80ish people who voted "Yes, I'd absolutely play in a pay to play tournament". 1 week later, after I gave turban the green light, we have 4 people signed up. Is there sometimes specific that is preventing people from just wanting to play and actually playing?
                      1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                      Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

itt: people are giant pussies
                        PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                        ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                          So here's what I'm curious about, since I've been sorta watching the planning for this from a distance.... Just a week ago I had a poll running to see how many people would play in a tournament like this. In less than 3 days time, there was 80ish people who voted "Yes, I'd absolutely play in a pay to play tournament". 1 week later, after I gave turban the green light, we have 4 people signed up. Is there sometimes specific that is preventing people from just wanting to play and actually playing?
                          Your zoner was misleading. I'm not blaming you or anything, because I sorta figured this would happen, but when people saw that poll, I don't think they saw "buy-in". I doubt most people that voted even knew that they had to pay x amount to join the tournament. Hey I'm still definitely interested, but it seems majority of TW is not atm. Perhaps the timing was off, or maybe the idea itself just will not work with this kind of population. Oh well.

Comment

I don't know if finding a pair for a pay-to-play tournament is an issue too. At least I feel like there's nobody worthy of me to play with!
                            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                            3 league vet

Comment

here's the truth as i see it: there simply isn't enough people interested of participating in a tournament where you actually have to pay some sort of fee to participate in, despite the fact that it would increase the prize pool by quite a lot. when there's not enough people that are willing to chip in a measly amount of dollars, in this case 5 to 10, you know this zone isn't going to the right direction in terms of activity.

thus, people only love to play tournaments where there's no chance of losing a few dollars but a way to win money. but hey, is really winning $5 or $10 that big of a deal? because you won't see anyone throw $50+ for a money tournament, that'd be a huge waste of money.

now i have to go before i miss the train for work. hope people will sign up on saturday and/or sunday.

Comment

Buy-in tourny where the prize is the buy-in amount is just a bad idea in general. It only works with luck-based games like poker or with a group of friends.

It would be better if you take 50 bucks from the donations as the prize money and have like a 2$ buy-in for each person. That way people actually have an idea of how much they can profit rather than hope for more people to join. You might not get 25 people to signup, but it's a better incentive than this.

Also, you need a website or something. Turb's trustworthy, but if you're trying to get pubbers or randoms to join, you want it to be more secured and professional with handling money.

Comment

Working...
                                X