No announcement yet.

2vs2 Money Tournament: December 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that's true. plus, in tournaments like these, the regular players (that, to be honest, aren't that good at this game) won't have the slightest chance of winning thus there's no point for them to sign up.

i'll just host this one tournament, see how it goes and do some adjusments to the rules (such as changing the buy-in fees, adding base prize pool from donations and/or from my own pocket) or simply just stop doing these kinds of stuff until the zone / players are ready.

.. need another drink, but you get the point.

Comment

well, surprisingly we got at least 4 teams to sign up this time.

Comment

got 5 teams (although, riverside & scoop are currently unconfirmed) with a few other people interested. with some luck, we might get 10 teams to sign up before the deadline tomorrow.

Comment

UPDATE at 4:29AM (FIN):

We have a total of 5 teams signed up, meaning our overall prize pool would be $50 currently. However, after a brief discussion with 24 we've decided to add a little extra money to the tournament from Trench Wars funds. This means the overall prize pool with 5 teams participating would be $70.

(we added $20 from trench wars funds which were meant for money events and/or tournaments)

Comment

I will close the sign ups today at 4:30 PM EST. After that no more entires allowed. Currently there's 5 teams signed up plus an extra $20 from trench wars funds, thus the overall prize pool is $70 for the winner only. If more teams sign up (8+) then top two teams will get a prize, first team getting around 65% to 70% of the overall prize pool and second place getting the rest.

Comment

6 teams. woop.

Comment

Due to some special circumstances, only one of the players of the winning team will receive the full prize within few minutes of completing the tournament. The other person has to wait one to two days to get his prize money. This is because some faggots failed with the fee sending (forced me to pay the fees, someone sending with canadian dollars instead of usd and some other shit) thus I don't have the full amount of money for the prize pool at the moment.

This means, if our current prize pool is 80 USD, one of the players would get 40 USD the very same day. The other guy on his team would have to wait the 1-2 days to get his money. This should be alright, though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, because I'm participating I will not be hosting this tournament, as that'd be fucking weird. I'm letting pinkSTAR handle the event aside from introductions and updates, along with having several staffers (smods, twd ops etc) watching over the event.

Comment

Congratulations to Riverside & Engineers for winning the first buy-in tournament and cashing in $90 USD. They decided to donate a total of $40 from the prize money for two additional free-to-enter tournaments with a prize pool of $20 each. We're doing a 2vs2 Warbird and 2vs2 Javelin Tournament to 5 deaths as I'm typing this.

Comment

Mythril & Paky Dude won the first free-to-enter tournament (2vs2 Warbird to 5 deaths) from the donated money and earned $20. Afterwards, megaman89 and waven teamed up and won the 2vs2 Javelin tournament for another $20.

Comment

Originally posted by turban
                      and we also wish to keep a small percentage (5% to 10%) of the overall prize pool
                      u guys are worse then that homeless dude down at the liquor store
                      so who is liable in tw for undeclared income/tax evasion/unlicensed gambling?
                      gone way past "donations"

Comment

learn to read for what purpose the money is for, scrub. we're saving the money to get a huge money tournament at the end of TWL season - after TWL finals to be precise. heck, even poker sites and what not have rakes and fees which they keep by themselves (e.g. buy-in tournament with $5 + $0.50 fee, where they keep the 50 cents), but at least we're going to spend everything we gain at some point.

who wouldn't want to participate in a tournament where there's a chance of winning hundreds of dollars for a small fee? ^__^

Comment

Me!
                          (Children)>hunted for life
                          (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                          :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Turban
                            learn to read for what purpose the money is for, scrub.
                            to add the money to the Trench Wars Funds.

heck, even poker sites and what not have rakes and fees which they keep by themselves (e.g. buy-in tournament with $5 + $0.50 fee, where they keep the 50 cents),
                            they pay taxes and alot of them are under investigation in the USA and they all have to be licensed for gambling according to every country's laws the service is available in

who wouldn't want to participate in a tournament where there's a chance of winning hundreds of dollars for a small fee? ^__^
                            was gonna post a definition of gambling before i finished reading ur post but u went and did it for me thanks bro

Comment

hint: i'm not from the states.

Comment

hint #2: if this gets shut down by all the legal stuff, we'll handle it in a way or another. in other words, don't be a faggot.

Comment

Working...
                                X