Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who all would be interested to record or stream TWL games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who all would be interested to record or stream TWL games?

As the title says, I'm looking for those few individuals whom still like to play this game.

I would want to find a few players who would be willing to devote some of their precious time to record, stream or even broadcast games for the community. There's a fairly good chance that when our new website is out, we could have our own streams and video recordings set up on the new trenchwars.org website. This way those whom aren't logged in to the game (new players browsing the site, old veterans or players at work) could see what's going on -- this could maybe get us a few extra players to log in on Sundays.

This project is something I personally want to see to happen in the near future, but for it to get going I would need more people (I'm going to probably do this, but I'm no magician -- can't clone myself) to be willing to participate in this.

Let me know if you're interested. Maybe we can give some credit (real cash, pub prizes, medals) for those who want to help out the community a bit.

it's a good idea i really liked fieryfire stuff from the last years TWL and think thats the way to go with his channel http://www.youtube.com/user/FieryFire3D

also get some team speak/ skype podcasts and TW radio involved commentating live on the matches, i know there is lag but it's just a bit of fun and actually good for new players who literally dont have a clue about TWL

i looked into this a while back and was thinking of doing a podcast but only ended up doing 1 TW radio show in the end :P but i did find a free linux program that could hook up to shoutcast server and was capable of playing music and doing a 2 way interview over skype as well.

for the vids though dunno if your talking about hosting the vids on the TW site, seems a better idea is just have a youtube channel dedicated to it and embed it on the TW site. there is alot of advantages of this from bandwidth to a presence on youtube that others may just stumble upon and like.
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

My morning posts are never as clear as I would want them to be. My plan was to have the recorded videos (or feature videos) posted on YouTube in high definition (720p to 1080p) then embedding them to our new website, as it's by far the easiest and best thing to do. Same thing would be done with streaming, we would simply embed the stream info on our website (you could stream on Own3D, Twitch or whichever site you prefer) and have some featured streams for TWL and TWD prime time.

Now the real challenge is to find the people willing to do this for us. I can't do everything alone, and my current internet prevents me from doing superb quality streaming without making me lag a bit -- granted, the quality is still good but being the perfectionist I am, I want better for our community.

I recall someone on staff mentioning the chance of giving the few people who are willing to help out to do quality stuff some kind of a payment for the effort, but that was months ago when I was still working on the early stages of this project.

Comment

As for hosting radio or doing podcasts, it's definitely something we should look into doing. There used to be a great program (IceCast, if I recall right) that was super easy to set up for hosting an internet radio, was compatibile with Skype and all that) for this purpose, but it was taken offline due to some reasons.

ShoutCast still works though? It's not hard to make a server for that.

Comment

For a guy who double clients like a bot, I wonder if I'm not already speaking to clone already as it is.
          sigpic
          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

teeheheheheh! *school girl giggle* ^___^

Comment

I could be persuaded to do some shows for TWL on radio. Would be nice to get that going again. Keep me updated on the status of that stuff.
              sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
              1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

i will be on the lookout for people to do this

Comment

i would..but im bad at this game .. why you no stream =P?

and for the life of me i cant remember your lol name
                  >^________^<!

Comment

i think i talked to you before about this and tried frapsing a game with disappointing results. i might be able to do something TWRadio wise, but i wouldn't do that unless i knew the radio staff would be at PUSHER levels of competence. pave and i could crank out some skits and send em to a DJ.
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jacklyn View Post
                      i would..but im bad at this game .. why you no stream =P?

and for the life of me i cant remember your lol name
                      Diviner

I could stream, that's not really an issue. Sadly, there's times when I feel like being a perfectionist and the quality of my streams wouldn't be perfect (it would be good, but my internet prevents it to be awesome looking with tons of details) thus I would prefer to get someone else to stream the games. I would rather record 1 to 5 games per weekend and feature them on my YouTube channel in 1080p quality.

The amount of games I will be recording depends on how many games I feel benching on Thunder, unless I really want to record while playing the game (it's really hard to play full screen, not to mention when FRAPS forces it to 30/60 fps depending on settings).

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                        i think i talked to you before about this and tried frapsing a game with disappointing results. i might be able to do something TWRadio wise, but i wouldn't do that unless i knew the radio staff would be at PUSHER levels of competence. pave and i could crank out some skits and send em to a DJ.
                        Yeah, I recall you trying out FRAPS for a while with rather disappointing results. I am sure you could probably handle 720p quality with your setup, but even then it could probably look awful thus not worth the effort.

I would really love to have Trench Wars Radio up again with good hosts, but it seems that there simply isn't any around that would be willing to do it at the level Pallies did back in the time. Need someone to step up and be the main DJ, having skits done by you two would be awesome.

Comment

Pfft. I'd do the radio again, but I don't know how many TWL games I'd be able to do. Would need the server set up for it and I'd do it again.
                          sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                          1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Holy shit, did not even notice your post.

I am sure we can get a server set up rather easily if there's enough interest for people to host one.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                              As for hosting radio or doing podcasts, it's definitely something we should look into doing. There used to be a great program (IceCast, if I recall right) that was super easy to set up for hosting an internet radio, was compatibile with Skype and all that) for this purpose, but it was taken offline due to some reasons.

ShoutCast still works though? It's not hard to make a server for that.
                              After reading this post, I got all tingly inside. Ye, I'm definitely gonna come watch TWL this year. And TW Radio is gonna be hosted again, starting next Thursday and then every Thursday from 2-6 PM EST. In that case, I could do live broadcasts of TWL on TW Radio again. Will have to think about it though and get some more people to help me out. And yes Turb, we have a server set already, no worries about this. Speak to me about the matter here as I'm not in the game anymore.
                              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                              X