Recruit more EU <ER>'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruit more EU <ER>'s

Recruit more EU <ER>'s and <ZH>'s so we get more events going on during european time.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Zone is dead during "european time" anyway
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
      Zone is dead during "european time" anyway
      So cliché..
      You're not coming with answers, just with the same old zone is dead.. lets just watch and see how it dies
      I'm just saying with more events during EU time we get more players on

Comment

@rednaz u r dead anyways, so why bother to trash every thread that's made?

@wazzaaa They stopped recruiting EU ppl since I told 'em I could host 24/7. Prob scared of server overload.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

The only thing I want to see you host 24/7 is a tapeworm.

Comment

yes more <er>'s that can cry and whine about why they never host cause 5 ppl only come to their events

Comment

Originally posted by zih View Post
              yes more <er>'s that can cry and whine about why they never host cause 5 ppl only come to their events

Comment

Originally posted by zih View Post
                seriously, why do you sneak into every fucking topic and give your 5 cents nobody cares about? come up with solutions instead of crying, start to actually be productive... oh wait, didnt u say u wanted to quit like 1 month ago? sad we would lose 1 active player, but please, make it happen.

wazza, this actually would be a good idea. i have noticed, hosting at "eu" times usually brings 5 people. if hosting gets continued though, the crowd is getting bigger and bigger... still, i think most events <10 people arent enjoyable. so to get a real "playerbase" for EU timed events, one would need to do that on a daily basis, so people notice that something is going on.

Comment

will only get there with consistent hosting
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Isn't it possible to get more player hosted events like javduel? 2 people have to enter and type !play to a bot- a message will be displayed to staff. A member of staff will come to the arena and either approve/ disprove it. Then the bot does all the rest... like in javduel. They could apply it to sealjavs/ javufc- deathmatch based events? They would have to leave a bot in these arenas at all times. I'm only talking about 3-4 arenas only- simple arenas that doesn't require many many people unlike zombies. Arenas that staff will think may work.

Disadvantages: Yes i can see it coming:

1) People will switch to these special arenas and spam adverts so 3-4 different adverts for different events can show up in less than 1 minute.
                    2) Staff that are hosting may get annoyed that they have spent ages trying to get people to ?go BUG and they all leave because 2 players have started sealjavs.

Rules to prevent this from happening:

1) Once you advert in an arena you can't advert in any other player hosted arena for 20-30 minutes- otherwise it would be spamming.
                    2) If noone shows up- you can advert again in the same arena only (5 minutes later). No more after this.
                    3)When 2 players hit !play... staff get a message and have to approve before an advert is displayed. Staff would simply enter the arena and type to the bot- "approved"- if they don't approve they wouldnt need to type any command but to tell the 2 players the reason.

You may think what's the point of the staff coming if its supposed to be player hosted? Well staff may want to host something else at that time and will need players to do so. It would require complicated codes if its not gonna be staff approved because you would need to prevent people from challenging 30 minutes after staff have advertised for a dif event (otherwise staff will get annoyed that noone is showing up to their events).

More player hosted events will mean staff don't have to work as hard to keep everyone happy by hosting + may actually increase the activity of events in this zone. As long as there is a staff to approve these events... and there is 1 staff online at any given time- these arenas can be hosted at any given time.
                    Last edited by Fork; 01-22-2012, 12:01 PM.
                    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Im euro <ER>... I host even if only 1 player is gonna turn up - FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF TW.

Comment

Fis...I love you. You are my one true love....I need you in my life. Every letter you type is a shot of adrenaline through my veins.

Even when you threaten to ban me for racism, cheating and spam, I know that you just haven't seen the light. You are the one........

I dedicate this poem to you, to profess my love.

The Blue Airplane
                        Got Some Fame
                        By Dropping A Bomb
                        On Notre Dame

Hug me Fis.

And wazzaaa, I concur. I would volunteer, but something tells me some staff wouldn't be too crazy about that idea.

And waz, it is always so cute, you trying to make a change in the world. And I can respect that. Despite the fact that for the most part it is futile.

That last line reminded me of the Borg.

But No! Never Give up! On second thought, you can make a difference! You can make Change We Need!

Amen Brother! Amen
                        Last edited by Spock!; 01-26-2012, 01:55 PM.
                        "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                        - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                          Isn't it possible to get more player hosted events like javduel? 2 people have to enter and type !play to a bot- a message will be displayed to staff. A member of staff will come to the arena and either approve/ disprove it. Then the bot does all the rest... like in javduel. They could apply it to sealjavs/ javufc- deathmatch based events? They would have to leave a bot in these arenas at all times. I'm only talking about 3-4 arenas only- simple arenas that doesn't require many many people unlike zombies. Arenas that staff will think may work.

Disadvantages: Yes i can see it coming:

1) People will switch to these special arenas and spam adverts so 3-4 different adverts for different events can show up in less than 1 minute.
                          2) Staff that are hosting may get annoyed that they have spent ages trying to get people to ?go BUG and they all leave because 2 players have started sealjavs.

Rules to prevent this from happening:

1) Once you advert in an arena you can't advert in any other player hosted arena for 20-30 minutes- otherwise it would be spamming.
                          2) If noone shows up- you can advert again in the same arena only (5 minutes later). No more after this.
                          3)When 2 players hit !play... staff get a message and have to approve before an advert is displayed. Staff would simply enter the arena and type to the bot- "approved"- if they don't approve they wouldnt need to type any command but to tell the 2 players the reason.

You may think what's the point of the staff coming if its supposed to be player hosted? Well staff may want to host something else at that time and will need players to do so. It would require complicated codes if its not gonna be staff approved because you would need to prevent people from challenging 30 minutes after staff have advertised for a dif event (otherwise staff will get annoyed that noone is showing up to their events).

More player hosted events will mean staff don't have to work as hard to keep everyone happy by hosting + may actually increase the activity of events in this zone. As long as there is a staff to approve these events... and there is 1 staff online at any given time- these arenas can be hosted at any given time.
                          Sounds like a good idea Fork!
                          But still has to be worked.. maybe something for the dev team

Comment

spock, time for you to finally fuck off. thank you

fork, your idea would be good if we had 1000 people playing. at euro times we have about 30 people playing (just a guess; even if).
                            and i dislike this idea totally, as javduel/wbduel/elim/duel/duel2 can already be started by players. we dont need sealjavs or anything else. this is easy logic, ill explain:
                            more arenas for people = less people in each arena
                            ----> if theres only 2 people playing each arena, no fun for ANYONE.
                            get it? thats why i dislike it. we should focus our small handfull people on only 2-3 areas instead of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Fis View Post
                              spock, time for you to finally fuck off. thank you
                              That is just plain rude Fis. It really cut deep. It really did. But it makes me love you even more. You, my dear fis, are the light in my life.

Anyway, I thought you would like an admirer, being that they come few and far between in your case.

Was that rude? I am sorry...forgive me. Love me. Hug me.
                              "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                              - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X