Hyperspace and other zones inflating their populations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperspace and other zones inflating their populations

As you may have noticed Hyperspace zone has added 1000 to their population. This is not good for Trench Wars because now it looks like Hyperspace is the most populated zone in the game. New players and older players alike will naturally be attracted to the zone that looks the most populated (which for a long time has been trench wars.) This will be especially hurtful once we start spending money on advertising as we don't want our efforts helping Hyperspace's population more than our own. Other zones (chaos, pb, eg) are also inflating their population as a side effect of arena sharing however it doesn't effect TW that much since it doesn't prevent TW from looking like the most populated zone. Hyperspace's staff claims they have added their 1000 in response EG/PB/Chaos inflating their population and they would stop if EG/PB/Chaos did. They also say no one has officially complained about Hyperspace and their population inflation. Which brings me to the point of this post, why hasn't TW Staff complained about this? They certainly should because if this continues it will hurt TW's population in the long run.

More information on this can be found here:
    http://www.subspace.co/topic/26101-c...shared-arenas/
    http://www.subspace.co/topic/26169-h...st-be-stopped/

Yes we have been aware of this for some time now. We also have had the opportunity of joining the arena sharing with different zones, but we didn't feel like it was needed for TW at all at this current time. TW is still the biggest zone with the best promise of attracting newbies, mostly because of the gameplay in public arenas, which is one of the easiest for newbies to get acquainted with. If a newbie sees Hyperspace with 1000+ population and enters the zone, they easily find out that there are like 2 players and a bunch of bots just sitting in every arena and will leave the zone again to play TW. If our players feel that what Hyperspace is doing is wrong and will affect TW in a negative way, let us know and we will take appropriate action. But at the moment we don't really see the negative side of it as of yet. This seems like just another pathetic attempt to draw attention to their zone and not a real attempt to attract new players to this game and their zone, while we as TW are at least really putting effort in getting new players in our zone and keeping them there. I hope this story makes sense to all of you so far. If you have questions, please post them here aswell. Thanks for getting some attention to this recent happening Burnt, I'd like to hear opinions of other players on this matter aswell before we as TW staff decide if and which road we will take against actions like this.
    Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
    24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
    1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

(Children)>hunted for life
      (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
      :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

There is a problem though MM, what if instead of random new player going to the biggest zone and seeing 2 people and then going to the next biggest zone, the new player goes to the biggest zone, sees 2 players, assumes all the other zones that say they have 200 players or more are full of sit and that the game sucks and deletes the game instead.

Burnt is right, this shit needs to be fixed.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yeah that's a valid point, I will contact PriitK first see if he replies and has a simple fix to this bug (thats what it is basically), if not..then we will have to take action against the other zones if needed. Or option to participate in it aswell if other zones don't give a crap about our opposition against it (which will be the most likely scenario)..
          Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
          24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
          1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

I'm with wark on this one. People will see no one online and assume it's the same. When I tell people about SS I always tell them to download it from trenchwars.org and do the trenchwars zone, but who knows.
            sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
            1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Well MM I say lets play hardball with them if they want to be douchebags about it.

How hard would it be to advertise this game only on the new www.trenchwars.org website and have a big download link on the front page for new people instead of advertising for "continuum" itself. Have the zone list only have trenchwars automatically downloaded when it refreshes the first time you play. That way we know for sure that no new player is going to enter an empty zone with "1000" players.

Instead of maybe getting a few players out of our advertising, they can just fuck off and die if they want to lie and cheat.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

What I don't get is how come we (players of all continuum) haven't just decided to merge everything into one super zone?
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I know there are coding issues involved, but has the idea ever been brought up?
                  sigpic

Comment

what a dumb ass idea lol
                    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

lets combine iran and iraq and then bomb it
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Hey Ilya can you do my taxes?
                        sigpic

Comment

nah nvm I want someone good doing them
                          sigpic

Comment

not some tomatoe loving stella humping faggot
                            sigpic