Bot sending people to afk arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bot sending people to afk arena

This is just an observation, which very well could be incorrect. However, ever since the bot has been sending people to the afk arena, I've noticed pub activity has been down. Can someone please explain the usefulness of this feature? The only conclusion I can come up with is that the base changes size due to total number of people in pub, as opposed to total number of people playing. Or to cut down on lag? With the way it is now it takes probably around a 20 v 20 game before the sides open.

Onto another completely unrelated subject, thanks to whoever got rid of that LT bombline that hit entrance to fr. That was ridiculous and completely killed basing, there was almost literally no safe place to hide in base to avoid LTs. So thank you very much.

As for all these changes, why is there not even a news.txt update or a forum post stating what has been changed? It's almost as if there is no concern for public opinion, I could be wrong and just missed where these changes get posted. If so, please fill me in.
    Last edited by Subterranean; 05-04-2012, 02:03 PM. Reason: formatting error?

THe bot moving people is ridiculous! Not like its going to get too busy these days. So annoying.

No one playing because the 'tards running things these days removed killothon
    LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

It's probably been fixed by now but I was in pub a few days ago, idled for a bit, and got 25 messages from that bot within 2 minutes telling me that I'm going to be moved to 'afk' and it never happened.

Rather weird.
      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

that shit is annoying as hell
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Shit is always annoying
          (Children)>hunted for life
          (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
          :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

As far as I know the whole "moving people to ?go afk" part of the bot hasn't been used in well over a year, but wingzero could very well be re-instituting it reasons I'm not aware of yet. The fact that sir spider got a bunch of PMs from the bot about it tells me that the bot was either glitching or being tested for something. Either way I'll find out and let you know. However, I'm not really sure why people seem to think its so annoying. If you are afk anyways then who cares? When you come back just type ?go. Not really a big deal.

In regards to the nexs.txt update about changes, you are entirely right and that is something we are aware of and are currently addressing. That won't remain an issue for very long.
            1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
            Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

yes it has been doing it for the past week or 2 LF

Comment

Should be fixed now.

Comment

It is, tyvm!

Comment

The bot is sending people to the afk arena again, is this just a mistake? I doubt pub is even busy enough to warrant having all the afk people sent to 'afk'. In fact, wouldn't some people be less likely to play in pub given the fewer amount of players listed?

I just don't understand what the NEED is for sending people to the afk arena.

Comment

they do it to watch u cry like a bitch

Comment

I'd rather cry like a bitch than be a bitch, like yourself.

Comment

Its ridiculous

Tower might say something important and ill have been moved to afk and miss it!
                          LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

Working...
                          X