Growing Trenchwars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Trenchwars

goal: build the player base, and ensure new players thrive.

it must be CHEAP

CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

website content
    - mix of automatic algorithmic stats and editorial chatter
    - spend some time making a few special pieces of content, i.e. the video tutorial.

the social community
    - create fans who will turn into influences for trenchwars
    - build back-links
    - become recognised IN OUR NICHE, (free) oldskool 2d spaceships game.

the website landing page
    - test test test. design/incentive proposition for downloads
    - completing the download is the primary goal of the landing page
    - get them to join the social network and get a profile page

social campaign
    - connect with facebook/twitter. use the api?
    - leverage vanity and curiosity. vanity of users high scores. curiosity of their users friends to findo ut their own scores.
    - create some kind of dynamic content and encourage users to tweet and share it on facebook. user a shares the content. user b learns about trenchwars via their friend.

be pricks about virality. at a certain point FORCE players to invite another person to trenchwars to play in order to progress... i.e. in order to be able to bank more spacebux or something. this will spread the word.

influences
    - who are the trend-setting players? which users can we incentivise to put up more pictures. how can we make the social network pages more blog-like?

player gets player
    - refer a friend and get $2,500 spacebux
    - test the incentive. e.g. "refer 5 friends and unlock thors for 3 weeks!"
    - work out what incentives work for different stages of player lifetimes. e.g. a newly activated player / a long-term player

pay for spacebux
    - make spacebux system more reliable
    - you need to purchase $5 of spacebux in order to be really competitive
    - make it harder to get spacebux without funding your spacebux account: make it take a lot of time. tweak it until the balance is right.
    (don't alienate current players)

paid advertisement
    - blogs/forums/gaming sites. pay them to write about us.
    - seed trenchwars conversations organically and enthusiastically around the web sellign the game we love.
    - best to set up some guidelines for this
    - what are some big sites?

other thoughts
    - bettermeans.com for organisation. quantify our skills as a community. allow people to pick up on an idea and ru8n with it without all the bureaurcracy.
    - design and send out free stickers. get players to take photos of the where they stick them. spacebux rewards.
    - read-only ALL the forums for ALL users, including staff forums.
    - maps. put a map editor in the client next to the banner editor. streamline map-making to map-testing process. making maps is cool and encourages participation. important

lmao

Comment

Good idea, GRRR. Now your next step should be: reach out to TW staff. Mission: impossible.
      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

try a reach around instead

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I personally think that people nowadays ( I am not one of them) want goals. So, in that case, ad a level system in there, maybe with some type of cheesy award for leveling up? Gosh.

And advertising. But we need to get the game up to speed first, no use attracting people to have them leave. Gosh.
          "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
          - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Ok now who is going to do all of this? I can understand why staff does not want to put alot of time into planning ideas since they all fall apart (website 24?). Nothing more really to say :/ staff does what staff want to do.

Comment

Staff won't do shit. Thats the only problem here really. All the players blab on about their "great" ideas that might actually help the game and they just fall on deaf ears.

Either that or the staff are secretly planning something really great that will awe us all.

Anyways, somebody has to do something to save this game.

Amen.
              "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
              - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spock! View Post
                Either that or the staff are secretly planning something really great that will awe us all.
                U srs? LOL. When staff does something HUGE, I quit this game. Guess I'm doomed to stay.
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

stop trying to fix this broken game client's TW server. you all should be trying to help out the next ss client for facebook: http://www.subspace.co/topic/26499-dotproduct/

snrrrrub is helping!

Comment

This still needs a LOT of work, Xog, can't even drive my ship normally, it goes backwards all the time lol.
                    Napoleon Hill

Dral>I can get implants

Comment

What if Continuum was moved to Steam as a free-to-play game? This would bring in more users. If any kind of money was to be generated, maybe additional ship skins that all could see could be sold?

Comment

Originally posted by Devileon View Post
                        What if Continuum was moved to Steam as a free-to-play game? This would bring in more users. If any kind of money was to be generated, maybe additional ship skins that all could see could be sold?
                        hi, i see you're new here.

we've already spoken with some higher ups at steam and they said no because they'd have to put in work just to get this game out there a little bit, and that they'd receive zero benefit from putting this game up there.

also what you suggested requires new code in the game client, something that is 100% not going to be done.

Comment

Well, I guess I will have to take my resources, and see about making my own game. Too bad it will not be the same.

Thank you

Comment

make ss browser based then it will be popular
                            lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEtSX...layer_embedded

play in ur browser: http://dev.nanavati.net:8000/

http://www.subspace.co/topic/26499-dotproduct/

Comment

Working...
                              X