Squad Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Rosters

So I was browsing the twd ladder and checking out the rosters of the 14 some odd squads that are active and I had a thought that could make more competition and fairness...or I could just be completely wrong

I was thinking, why not put a roster cap of 20 per squad? Maybe even 15. This would stop a bit of the unbalance and add more diversity when looking for a DD. As it stands now, the #1 squad, Gun, has a roster of 47. In a match, only 4 people are playing, I understand people log on and off at different times, but 47 people? How many of them have even played a single match? Villain, #2 has a roster of 50. You get where I'm going with this. Why not split up the talent and have more squads and more active DDs? This was just a thought I had, agree or disagree? thnx
    1:century> i am gay in rl
    1:century> :/
    1:Evasive> LOL REALLY
    1:megaman89> im not complainin cent <3
    1:megaman89> id rather be gay than brown
    1:Evasive> WOW?
    1:Sandie> LOLLLL
    1:megaman89> LOL

used to be that way, but the roster cap was moved to 100
    roster caps weren't popular generally, so it was essentially removed
    Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Davey Jones View Post
      So I was browsing the twd ladder and checking out the rosters of the 14 some odd squads that are active and I had a thought that could make more competition and fairness...or I could just be completely wrong

I was thinking, why not put a roster cap of 20 per squad? Maybe even 15. This would stop a bit of the unbalance and add more diversity when looking for a DD. As it stands now, the #1 squad, Gun, has a roster of 47. In a match, only 4 people are playing, I understand people log on and off at different times, but 47 people? How many of them have even played a single match? Villain, #2 has a roster of 50. You get where I'm going with this. Why not split up the talent and have more squads and more active DDs? This was just a thought I had, agree or disagree? thnx

you are assuming the people that would be cut from that squad would join another. personally, i play twd maybe once every couple weeks. i would probably stop playing altogether until maybe twl if i were removed from a squad. id say that in many of those larger squads you'll find that ~50% of the squad are made up with people of a like mind. you may force one extra squad out of the mess, but piss off plenty and have the overall population dip even further in twd. twd is a pass time right now until twl begins again. at that point squads will form up and people will pay more attention to the twl roster limits and form twd squads accordingly.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Why not split up the talent and have more squads and more active DDs?
        I understand where your coming from, but you're implying that there is a lot of talent on gun or villain. Split them up into 4 diff squads and you would have 4 bad squads as opposed to 2 bad squads.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

dun vs gunmin
          Gun remembers.

Comment

Originally posted by fLaReD View Post
            dun vs gunmin
            quality post ty flared

Comment

I like your idea.
              It's sort of like having a salary cap , but in this case it's not based on the quality of the player and their representation in actual dollars (duh), simply the numbers of players permitted per squad.
              It's easy to be/come the "in thing", especially when a squad has a reputation of having skilled players on it and performing well in leagues. A couple of stacked teams may create one great game between the two, but it really waters down the overall competitiveness level of the league as a whole. Parity for the win!
              My name is James.

Comment

Maybe something in this direction: no roster cap off-season for TWD, but make a 20-man roster cap for TWL qualifying period. Worth a try.
                "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Let people play with who they want to fucking play with, if you can't beat them then get better.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                  X