Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWD Rating System Proposed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TWD Rating System Proposed

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FQmV5OVE#gid=0
    This was something I came up with in the summer with the help of the more experienced warbirds, javelins and basers, along with the help of some staff members (Phren, Aura, from what I remember). I put it out in the summer, but obviously was ignored because of lack of staff communication. I'm told that's changed. This is a good way to make TWD more interesting, make each round more interesting, making a ladder system and updating it on a monthly basis.

    In my opinion it should be a priority since TWD is one of, if not the biggest attraction Trench Wars has to offer... may as well start working on it.
    9:zidane> i dont play or twd ever..

    1:Engineers> am top spider on squad call me avatar eng
    1:Cres> ye we only had to axe 10 ppl for it

    Sweetie4life

  • #2
    Can you summarise what it is - bit confusing

    Comment


    • #3
      maybe it was ignored because nobody gives a shit

      Comment


      • #4
        you get a rating based on how you perform. the one with the highest rating every month will get some credit
        Originally posted by jerome
        can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

        Comment


        • #5
          @rab
          you get a rating based on how you perform. the one with the highest rating every month will get some credit
          Originally posted by jerome
          can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

          Comment


          • #6
            I like your ideas, but there are a couple difficulties with actually implementing this.
            • This would require an entire re-development of our TWD bots and our TWD website. This is just not feasible at the moment. We are updating as much as we can, as fast as we can, but our efforts are being put into fixing what is broken/things that need a major overhaul such as the trenchwars.org site.
            • For TWDD and TWJD, some of these ideas use a point system that is not even feasible with our current game. The bot could show an actual score, but there would be no connection between that score and the scores listed in F2. You cannot add half points, or even count a kill as two kills as far as I know. Also, R4 or "Strays" as we like to call them are a lot of people's playing style. We would force the game to be quicker paced, but players would not be able to choose their playing style. It would be rush or nothing. Rushing favors laggers, and this would give a huge advantage to certain people that already do have an advantage.
            • Once again, for TWBD, your proposed system is not feasible to be implemented into the game. The basing games would have to be point based rather than timer based.



            tl;dr I think it would be a good idea to use these to contribute to the MVP formula, but in no way is it currently possible to re-develop the entirety of TWD right now. Thanks for the input!
            Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

            (duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

            Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Riverside View Post
              https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FQmV5OVE#gid=0
              This was something I came up with in the summer with the help of the more experienced warbirds, javelins and basers, along with the help of some staff members (Phren, Aura, from what I remember). I put it out in the summer, but obviously was ignored because of lack of staff communication. I'm told that's changed. This is a good way to make TWD more interesting, make each round more interesting, making a ladder system and updating it on a monthly basis.

              In my opinion it should be a priority since TWD is one of, if not the biggest attraction Trench Wars has to offer... may as well start working on it.
              That's cool you put time and effort into it. It's definitely a better system.
              Originally posted by PapaRaazi View Post
              maybe it was ignored because nobody gives a shit
              Pffft, doubt it.
              Originally posted by Jones View Post
              @rab
              you get a rating based on how you perform. the one with the highest rating every month will get some credit
              Heh, nice double post.
              Last edited by WillBy; 10-23-2012, 02:33 AM. Reason: trolling not allowed...
              wicket666> frogs can mate withthem selves


              wicket666> they are a sexual


              Pepe the F> sounds like they turning Japanese

              flojo> their ribbited for your pleasure

              Comment

              Working...
              X