Experiment: Levis can only !buy in safe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bosshawk View Post
    you are changing the game so much... and the ship settings, you have destroyed the levi so badly that the only way to play it is to LT, we have driven levi drivers to have to LT to enjoy playing the ship... where years ago many levi drivers prided themselves on NOT riding a terr...

give them back to ability to defend themselves and prevent them from attaching... i like the simple idea of restricting all ships to an attach of like 1 second or less or something.... and you can make all ships do not just the levi and it wouldnt change the dynamic of the game that much

but if your going to do this you need to give the levi the ability to defend itself... a portal and 3 reps and l2 bullets... if you want to keep the bomb lower so be it, stronger bullets and recharge would not be a detriment to the pub
    Really in favor of this approach too. Would love to see the Levi be formidable off a Terr but less able to LT. But we shouldn't destroy an LTer's ability to ply the craft. It's part of the zone! Always has been, always will/should be IMO. How do we balance those 2?

All I want is to get a serious conversation going and argue about it until we find the best solution. I'm not trying to say "we should do this" and I hope I made that clear by showing a lot of alternatives at the top. Let's just talk about it, basically. I think players should run this zone as much as the staff should, and honestly PL backs me up in saying we should just abolish staff (after a fashion) or at least have it be democratically elected. People forget I'm the guy who tried to get the Trench Wars Proposal System going. That was my first SModery, as "Arbiter of Discourse," an admittedly dumb name in my opinion (wanted to be secretary of proposals or something), but DoCk> said it should "sound cool" or something to that effect. Anyway: http://www.trenchwars.org/TWPS

... but just TALKING about stuff and deciding as a community is as close as we can get right now to running this democratically. Because honestly this game is only good because so many people give a damn about it. We all want it to be as best as it can, and it only is when we all take responsibility for it and try to do something about it.

>What if terrs need a minimum bounty before levi's can attach (50+?), along with the levi bty requirement? Is that even possible?

(Fuck it, doing chan quotes because CBF'd.) This is an excellent idea too, maybe just what we need for LTs? As well as possibly restricting Terrs to buying in safe when a Levi is attached (as well as the Levi)? All that is totally possible, and easy to code even. Then we could leave Levis with !buy in spawn and call it a day.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

i dont think thats feasible is? needing a certain bounty before others can attach to you?
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

It's a simple check on terr bounty, if check fails, prize the attacher warp to make them gtfo.
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Game is not coded for that

Comment

Yeh, game is coded using AttachBounty setting, which applies only to the ship doing the attaching, not the attachee. It would be fairly easily coded on a bot, but having the bot check every attach uses resources, and aren't we looking for ways to minimize resource overuse?

If not, hell, go for it. It's worth a shot at least.

Comment

hey steve

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

By all means tweak the buy system so that it doesn't favor LTs.

Do not forget that long before spacebux were introduced, when populations were high, the overpowered LT combination still regularly killed basing.

This just didn't matter so much when there were other arenas, purepub arenas or a high number of new players to replace the disgruntled basers.

This is probably a good idea if done right. It just won't solve the LTs killing basing with low population problem.

Comment

Working...
                X