Official DiSTENSiON Thread (Schedule)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u have very strange taste in musix
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Can't this fucking thing wait until the end of twl season to run? Had time to finally dd and instead I watched people on twl squads play this shit for 3 hours. Why waste my time even logging on if this is running and such a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
        Can't this fucking thing wait until the end of twl season to run? Had time to finally dd and instead I watched people on twl squads play this shit for 3 hours. Why waste my time even logging on if this is running and such a big deal.
        Distension>TWL

People get tired of dueling the same people over and over again in the same ship.
        "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
        - Thomas Jefferson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
          If it was actually 3 hours, there's a problem -- shouldn't be running more than about 1.5 hrs.

Why is running it in the TWL season significant? Are you one of those cheeky fellas that disappears once it's over?

Originally posted by Cheese
          u have very strange taste in musix
          I can't talk to a lot of people about music as a result. It sounds really bad to them in the way that most stuff sounds really boring to me. Which is a problem.
          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Is there the option to mass-upgrade like there is to mass-scrap? A !u 2:# would upgrade your thrust # times. It would be a little helpful after a specialization so the bot doesn't try to silence me for "spamming".
            duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Qan to the best of my knowledge it hasn't ran for more than 2hours, certainly not close to 3 hours anyway.

Project dragon !mu 3:# will upgrade 3, # times. For a full list of commands check out http://www.trenchwars.org/distension/commands.php
              killing newbs since 2002

Comment

Originally posted by project dragon View Post
                Is there the option to mass-upgrade like there is to mass-scrap? A !u 2:# would upgrade your thrust # times. It would be a little helpful after a specialization so the bot doesn't try to silence me for "spamming".
                if you read !help or press f1 or check the site more than never you will see !massupg and instructions for its use
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

An here I am spamming the bot like a crazy person.
                  duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Spock! View Post
                    Also, random times on Monday and Thursday are rather pointless.
                    Not to mention the fact that the "random" days have just become two additional Euro days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frightful View Post
                      Not to mention the fact that the "random" days have just become two additional Euro days.
                      I'm not too worried about catering a little heavily to Euros, considering many can't even play TW anymore after the server was moved to the US and then lag limits were tightened further and further (even in pub) over a series of several years... (If we want to look at reasons behind population drops, this is one place to start.) I still get spec'd in pub on occasion despite the fact that I'm in the US and have a pretty stable connection.

Also, though it may not be happening right now, occasionally the random times can be used for late-night US hosts. We had a late night (for US) Dist game going at one point pretty recently, with I think 11v11.
                      "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                      -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• SUGGESITON: limit or remove !emp during 1-flag rounds.
                        It sucks to see one player kill the enitre enemy freq, no matter how high-lvl they are.
                        <insert some random logs here>

Comment

• tw died during dist today
                          not sure if anything else was running
                          noone hit f11 to stop it either

suggestions:

2:Cheese!> i should get qan to add a !twisabouttodie command
                          (and give it to a lower than op trusted level players)
                          2:Cheese!> that cuts packet sending in half or better
                          2:Cheese!> for like 5 mins or something

2:Cheese!> should also get qan to add a !dumpcurrentrunningstats
                          2:Cheese!> shows death counts + rearm green count + etc
                          2:Cheese!> # msgs sent recently, bots lag info
                          2:Cheese!> that way we can quantify things at different times and usages
                          (including when tw is about to die)

2:beam> got lvl 100 cloakers killing my lvl 15 javelin
                          2:beam> not fun at all
                          2:Eren> im like level 43
                          2:Cheese!> or alternatively expand the rp u get for killing ppl high above you
                          2:Cheese!> kill lvl9999 wzl for +9999rp
                          (need to increase the award factor curve by like x2)

2:beam> when this lvl 50 cloaker kills me and i cant even see him
                          2:beam> that just makes me not want to play
                          2:AFRI> ezest way to counter wzl is just get another wzl it has x as good as terr pretty much
                          2:Cheese!> or we can just get qan to drop xradar energy costs across the board because wzl is still op
                          (or at least lev+shark, and should have no cost on terr, because the only real antiweasel is another weasel, which is a special ship, so noone plays it)

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

• of note:
                            the issue might be with tw itself, being in an unstable condition, and dist is simply what pushes it over the edge due to high strain
                            i noticed i wasnt able to pick up soccer ball for 3-4 days, which just teleported around instead, which has to do with server side lag management

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

• New schedule

Wednesday: 6 PM EST
                              Saturday: 4 PM EST

Original Post updated.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiS View Post
                                New schedule

Wednesday: 6 PM EST
                                Saturday: 4 PM EST

Original Post updated.
                                reported for reviving old threads