King cobra bites face
    Fall on ground, shaking badly
    I sleep forever
    Looooool. Plz allow another one
    Shoutout to Frightful

Comment

niger river?

Originally posted by unreal View Post
      I got warned once by some idiot staff member for being "racist" when talking about the Niger River, despite showing the fact nothing I had said was remotely racist and I was asking people for ideas for a new portfolio piece to work on. heh
      I'm not familiar with TW's bots, but it's entirely possible that when someone types "niger", a bot simply sends an ?alert message saying that someone typed "niger" (or maybe just sends a message that so-and-so sent a racist slur) and staff responds as if someone is being overtly racist without being aware of the context. I'd be curious to hear from staff on how automated this shit really is, if at all.

Being a mod in a zone is a boring and thankless job. Most people become mods, not because they have anything substantial to contribute, but because they either want some kind of power or they simply desire to be a part of something special (the latter is not so much a bad trait, as it is simply a human trait).

These days bots do most of what mods would have done in the past, leaving very little purpose for mods. However, when upper staff gives them the power to ban people at their own discretion over trivial matters, it's not hard to imagine why they might appear overzealous in their duties -- now their position as staff janitor has real purpose and power.

Comment

Yes, we do have alerts based on keywords, similar to how we have keywords for ?help mesages that the bot will automatically reply to. The actual file with the list is not public, but en example can be found at http://www.twcore.org/browser/trunk/twcore/src/corecfg.
        Of course, a mod should be checking to make sure of the context before issueing a warning.
        For reference, the ?help autoresponses is a public file and can be found here: http://www.twcore.org/browser/trunk/...pResponses.txt
        Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Oranje View Post
          yay ban is gone atm.
          Thanks, whoever did it.
          Updated initial post

2 random shoutouts here:
          Sertifi
          NuketheYanks
          who do you think lol

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
            who do you think lol
            +1
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Demonic View Post
              who do you think lol
              <3

Updated original post

Comment

Isn't the proper question "who is the dumbass who banned that guy in the first place?"?

Comment

Ban dat ngR!
                  "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                  Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                  Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Working...
                  X