X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Public Relations

Greetings Trench Wars!

Recently there was a realization that staff needed someone who could help promote our interests as a community to the outside world through various forms of media, and other modes of communication, to give people a compelling reason why Trench Wars is the best place to be in SubSpace. This includes working inside the community by making players aware of what's going on both in the zone, with staff, and the general day to day business and affairs around us. We have a lot to offer as a community, specifically TWL, TWDT, our various dueling arenas, TWD, events, and much more. So we started looking to find someone who could get out there and broadcast a message letting the world know to come in to Trench Wars and join our community.

I was recently approached to do exactly that, and to do so, take the position as Head of Public Relations. I happily accepted and as of Tuesday, January 13, 2015, I officially assumed this position. My background in real life is in law, politics, and government. Communication is extremely important and vital in my line of work. This bastion of experience and knowledge that comes from my real-world experience makes me ideally suited to recognize and address issues as it pertains to our own community politics and our need to have someone to provide clarity to situations that occur, answer questions directly and honestly, and be able to help us stand out as a community for everyone else to see. Most importantly, it also makes me suited to be someone who is approachable and friendly to those in the community who want to address concerns and get answers from staff.

My goals are plain and straightforward. Chiefly, I want to broadcast to the gaming world who we are and why people should come and play here in our zone. With the door to Steam now open since we have been Greenlit, this is more important than ever. We have a major opportunity in front of us and a core component to being successful here is having people on point who can speak for the community and represent everyone's interest here. But I cannot do this alone. Therefore, I plan on reaching out to players and staff members and involving people from all walks of life in our game to help get the word out. As I move forward developing a PR strategy, this will become fleshed out in more detail.

Secondly, I believe there needs to be transparency with decisions staff makes and why we make them. Many times when players post concerns, make argument, and even complain, there is never a point person to respond with clear details about how and why something happened and what staff is doing to address is. This neglect on our part stops today. My goal is to serve as a form of "press secretary" in this regard. I will respond in a timely manner to issues of concern the community has when it comes to actions staff takes to not only provide a synopsis of what has happened, but also to respond to questions as well. This will make sure everyone gets the same information at the same time without any ambiguity, confusion, or spin.

Thirdly, I want to incorporate players into promoting aspects of the game to other players. Currently, I am discussing ways in which we can promote TWDT when it starts in February by bringing in players who can provide their insights into what people should watch for and hope to see with regard to TWDT. This will include articles on different matches, squads, etc. These will take the form of editorials once published and hopefully have a wide audience. How they will be published and put "out there" is yet to be determined. I will make an announcement on this down the road as we get closer to TWDT so we can empanel writers who would be good at doing this sort of writing.

While there are many other areas of interest in the PR sphere, I am laying out the foundational aspects of what I see PR doing for Trench Wars as we move forward. Incorporating staff and players, increasing transparency and the flow of information about staff decisions, and promoting the game both internally and externally are all top priorities for Public Relations in the coming weeks and months. I encourage you to message me in game or feel free to e-mail me with any questions @ publicrelations.trenchwars@gmail.com. Or you can simply reply here and I will be happy to respond to a few questions. My door is always open, so never hesitate to drop and speak to me. I look forward to talking to many of you.

Azov

Originally posted by Azov View Post
    My background in real life is in law, politics, and government.
    it all makes sense now
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
      it all makes sense now
      Sorry to say azov views are very authoritarian like as he is a COP irl and I strongly disagree with Azov many times. The governing of this game should be on your experience with the gaming community and not IRL experiences.

Less power to the people controlling the game and more power to the players that play this game.
      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

and just because 2pac doesnt like him, i am starting to like this guy more already
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Recently there was a realization that staff needed someone who could help promote our interests as a community to the outside world through various forms of media, and other modes of communication, to give people a compelling reason why Trench Wars is the best place to be in SubSpace.
          How many people must have said no in order for someone to decide that Azov was the best choice? Did tower and manco say no?

Comment

Good luck azov. first question is, who is head of pub? zrdqd said some weeks ago that he resigned, turb said someone is appointed but forgot to told who it is. or is this "post" now in the past?

Heard rumours that big changes would take place in pub, but now im confused if anyone is pressing for them?

Comment

Azov was a mall cop once...

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post
                Good luck azov. first question is, who is head of pub? zrdqd said some weeks ago that he resigned, turb said someone is appointed but forgot to told who it is. or is this "post" now in the past?

Heard rumours that big changes would take place in pub, but now im confused if anyone is pressing for them?
                zreqdf is the new head of public, and when he has returned from his vacation things will slowly start changing in public - hopefully for the better.

Comment

Greetings Trench Wars!

Recently there was a realization that staff needed someone who could help promote our interests as a community to the outside world through various forms of media, and other modes of communication, to give people a compelling reason why Trench Wars is the best place to be in SubSpace. This includes working inside the community by making players aware of what's going on both in the zone, with staff, and the general day to day business and affairs around us. We have a lot to offer as a community, specifically TWL, TWDT, our various dueling arenas, TWD, events, and much more. So we started looking to find someone who could get out there and broadcast a message letting the world know to come in to Trench Wars and join our community.

I was recently approached to do exactly that, and to do so, take the position as Head of Public Relations. I happily accepted and as of Tuesday, January 13, 2015, I officially assumed this position. My background in real life is in law, politics, and government. Communication is extremely important and vital in my line of work. This bastion of experience and knowledge that comes from my real-world experience makes me ideally suited to recognize and address issues as it pertains to our own community politics and our need to have someone to provide clarity to situations that occur, answer questions directly and honestly, and be able to help us stand out as a community for everyone else to see. Most importantly, it also makes me suited to be someone who is approachable and friendly to those in the community who want to address concerns and get answers from staff.

My goals are plain and straightforward. Chiefly, I want to broadcast to the gaming world who we are and why people should come and play here in our zone. With the door to Steam now open since we have been Greenlit, this is more important than ever. We have a major opportunity in front of us and a core component to being successful here is having people on point who can speak for the community and represent everyone's interest here. But I cannot do this alone. Therefore, I plan on reaching out to players and staff members and involving people from all walks of life in our game to help get the word out. As I move forward developing a PR strategy, this will become fleshed out in more detail.

Secondly, I believe there needs to be transparency with decisions staff makes and why we make them. Many times when players post concerns, make argument, and even complain, there is never a point person to respond with clear details about how and why something happened and what staff is doing to address is. This neglect on our part stops today. My goal is to serve as a form of "press secretary" in this regard. I will respond in a timely manner to issues of concern the community has when it comes to actions staff takes to not only provide a synopsis of what has happened, but also to respond to questions as well. This will make sure everyone gets the same information at the same time without any ambiguity, confusion, or spin.

Thirdly, I want to incorporate players into promoting aspects of the game to other players. Currently, I am discussing ways in which we can promote TWDT when it starts in February by bringing in players who can provide their insights into what people should watch for and hope to see with regard to TWDT. This will include articles on different matches, squads, etc. These will take the form of editorials once published and hopefully have a wide audience. How they will be published and put "out there" is yet to be determined. I will make an announcement on this down the road as we get closer to TWDT so we can empanel writers who would be good at doing this sort of writing.

While there are many other areas of interest in the PR sphere, I am laying out the foundational aspects of what I see PR doing for Trench Wars as we move forward. Incorporating staff and players, increasing transparency and the flow of information about staff decisions, and promoting the game both internally and externally are all top priorities for Public Relations in the coming weeks and months. I encourage you to message me in game or feel free to e-mail me with any questions @ publicrelations.trenchwars@gmail.com. Or you can simply reply here and I will be happy to respond to a few questions. My door is always open, so never hesitate to drop and speak to me. I look forward to talking to many of you.

Azov
                  tl;dr version....

Greetings Trench Wars!! Azov reporting in LOL! Recently it was decided that I wasn't any good as the Head Of Staff Training because I don't know how to do anything hahaha. I wasn't even allowed to train ERs how to host as I dont even know what a multibot is ROFL. I'm not sure why the sysops even made me a trainer to begin with but they HAD to give me something...ANYTHING to make sure I didn't lose my smod powers, cuz it didn't work out when I volunteered to take over the ASST head of bans either. I knew poid was headhunting lefty because she refused to have a real life relationship with him but since poid moved to dev my hopes of taking her place as the HEAD of bans was dashed, at least temporarily hehe. Anyways, that's all just white noise. What matters now is that one day recently, while I was cutting the crust off the sandwich I made for M_M God and polishing my life size statue of Beasty I was asked to be the Head Of Public Relations. I'm not sure why they chose me, as typically the voice that connects the people with the staff should generally be somebody who has at least a little respect among the community but hey, I still got the power! LOL

I have a background in law and politics. The Monica Lewinsky type of politics where the majority of my "work" is done under the desk, not over it. I was recently promoted irl to a supervisor position at the mall and I gotta say, shoplifting has dropped 17% since christmas and its probably due to the intimidating presense I have both over my fellow guards, and any potential bad guys that may decide they want a new pair of jeans without paying for them.

My goals are plain and simple. I want to do things that have absolutely nothing to do with my current role. Seeing as that I'm already a smod, it doesn't really matter what I do. The sysops know I am their puppet and would blindly follow them right off the edge of a cliff if asked. Hell I've never even played TWD or done anything to make the zone a better place, but I really hope we get MORE people from steam I can control.

Lastly, there needs to be transparency. I need everybody to know that they can't even fart in my zone without my permission (Unless you are a sysop, then you can fart in my mouth and I would gladly accept your generous gift hehe). Bottom line is I'm the boss, and the rest of you are not! HaHa! I was placed here because of my unwavering loyalty to the sysop position. I have no opinions of my own but I'm not here to think for myself. The sysops are MUCH more qualified to do my thinking for me, and all of you as well. I hope we can continue building a strong relationship as we move forward. Me and the sysops I mean, cuz how else will I eventually replace them? Anyways, peace out minions. I'm gonna need you guys to start showing me more respect, my position DEMANDS it.

-Azov
                  1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                  Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Steep View Post

Thanks, Steep. I appreciate it. Zreqdf is currently the Head of Public. And yes, big changes are in the works and I think it's going to be interesting to see how it plays out once we put them into play.

Comment

It is time to be a bit more serious before this thread completely derails from its tracks.

I would like to thank Azov for taking this position, although he might not yet realize how mentally demanding it can be to do this kind of work in a gaming community. I hope that he will not have an early burnout from all this trolling because we really need someone active to do this kind of work, and to be honest almost no one else has expressed their interest to help with public relations
                        in a long time.

I was originally planning on doing something similar to this after the TWL season, and thus will lend him a helping hand as I have always wanted to improve the staff transparency and communication of this zone. In truth, anyone who wants to see the zone improve in this aspect should be happy to see that someone is stepping up their game to do such an underappreciated job. If he can keep up with the changes that are happening in the zone while providing good quality content, he will eventually win the hearts and trust of our players, although there will always be some exceptions.

Keep it up. You will have my support, and if anyone else wants to help you can always contact me.

Good luck. Nap times, zzz.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                          It is time to be a bit more serious before this thread completely derails from its tracks.

I would like to thank Azov for taking this position, although he might not yet realize how mentally demanding it can be to do this kind of work in a gaming community. I hope that he will not have an early burnout from all this trolling because we really need someone active to do this kind of work, and to be honest almost no one else has expressed their interest to help with public relations
                          in a long time.

I was originally planning on doing something similar to this after the TWL season, and thus will lend him a helping hand as I have always wanted to improve the staff transparency and communication of this zone. In truth, anyone who wants to see the zone improve in this aspect should be happy to see that someone is stepping up their game to do such an underappreciated job. If he can keep up with the changes that are happening in the zone while providing good quality content, he will eventually win the hearts and trust of our players, although there will always be some exceptions.

Keep it up. You will have my support, and if anyone else wants to help you can always contact me.

Good luck. Nap times, zzz.
                          Thank you, Turban!

Comment

Great, everyone slap each other on the back while the game dies. GJ
                            Eph

Comment

trolls hate him, guy must be solid
                              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X