Staff Projects - Public and TWDT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Projects - Public and TWDT!

I wanted to post a few quick announcements on some projects we're currently working on. Any questions, please feel free to post them here, come talk to me in game or e-mail me at publicrelations.trenchwars@gmail.com

• Best Player ranking: Our Development team is currently looking at adding a splash screen showing the best players in public. It has not been decided what will constitute a definition of "best" (in deciding how to rank players), or how frequently this screen will be updated. Development also wants to add this area to forums as well, and they are currently working on figuring that out. Questions for Public related Dev issues should be directed toward either Zreqdf (Head of Public) or his colleague, bkgmjo!

• Frequency Hopping / AFK: There has been growing concern among the community that far to many people go AFK in public when their team needs them the most; these complaints are particularly true when the player is in a terrier and simply leaves the computer. Similarly, there is similar concern about players who jump from frequency to frequency in order to be on the "winning" team or for other reasons. Development is looking into addressing this issue. Currently it's being evaluated for feasibility and we'll release more on this as it becomes available.

• Anti Warp Rule: This issue is still being worked out. Once we have something finalized, it will be posted here, and we'll discuss in detail what is expected and not expected.

• TWDT: With TWDT coming up, we've come up with some novel ideas on how to showcase to the world and to our community why TWDT makes Trench Wars a fun place to play. We are looking for people who can write about their squads, matches, strengths and weaknesses of strategy, come up with blurbs (quotes), and much more in order to have these writings and comments posted on social media, here, and other places. This also includes last years experiences in the run-up to TWDT's start in February. If you have an interest in doing this, and have great writing ability or a background in writing, please contact me in game or e-mail me at publicrelations.trenchwars@gmail.com
    Last edited by Azov; 01-21-2015, 12:03 PM.

Originally posted by Azov View Post
    I wanted to post a few quick announcements on some projects we're currently working on. Any questions, please feel free to post them here, come talk to me in game or e-mail me at publicrelations.trenchwars@gmail.com

• Best Player ranking: Our Development team is currently looking at adding a splash screen showing the best players in public. It has not been decided what will constitute a definition of "best" (in deciding how to rank players), or how frequently this screen will be updated. Development also wants to add this area to forums as well, and they are currently working on figuring that out.

• Frequency Hopping / AFK: There has been growing concern among the community that far to many people go AFK in public when their team needs them the most; these complaints are particularly true when the player is in a terrier and simply leaves the computer. Similarly, there is similar concern about players who jump from frequency to frequency in order to be on the "winning" team or for other reasons. Development is looking into addressing this issue. Currently it's being evaluated for feasibility and we'll release more on this as it becomes available.

• Anti Warp Rule: This issue is still being worked out. Once we have something finalized, it will be posted here, and we'll discuss in detail what is expected and not expected.

• TWDT: With TWDT coming up, we've come up with some novel ideas on how to showcase to the world and to our community why TWDT makes Trench Wars a fun place to play. We are looking for people who can write about their squads, matches, strengths and weaknesses of strategy, come up with blurbs (quotes), and much more in order to have these writings and comments posted on social media, here, and other places. This also includes last years experiences in the run-up to TWDT's start in February. If you have an interest in doing this, and have great writing ability or a background in writing, please contact me in game or e-mail me at publicrelations.trenchwars@gmail.com
    Thank you for letting us know

I wonder who are the development team? I wish we could work on ideas to make pub more fun\ addictive (even witha low population playing in pub) because pub as it is isn't fun enough (especially these days when there arent many people playing) If somehow you guys could make pub as good as twd, you would see a growth in population. Link squads with pub for a start may bring you a lot of interest in pub.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

I will edit my post to include contacts for development in pub, as I should have probably done. But the individuals behind making the changes in pub will be Zreqdf (Head of Public) and his colleague, bkgmjo.

Comment

Mmmm, not entirely true. Behind will be many people. Solo missions on pub decisions have to finally stop and we will consider whatever concerns, complaints and suggestions are brought to us, if at least halfway making sense. Not everything will make everyone happy, but we will try to find a balance between the different interests and newbie friendliness and I intend to actually give out reasons for why some changes are made and why others will not get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
          I wonder who are the development team?
          Cheese!,o)-<|,Krynetix
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

or rather, bkgmjo! and zreqdf, krynetix, dezmond and (to some extent) poid. stickman as well.

Comment

or rather mine is the list of people that actually do work and have been online in the last month

and maybe poid
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

dezmond doesnt actually do anything and zreq is actually secretly creemy playing on an alias, who is a terrible, sertifi-tier person who is apparently learning to code:

<input name="old" value="8725@/" title="From [8725]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8725@/" title="To [8725]" type="radio"> @8725 9 months CRe Less spacing.
                <input name="old" value="8724@/" title="From [8724]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8724@/" title="To [8724]" type="radio"> @8724 9 months CRe formatting.
                <input name="old" value="8723@/" title="From [8723]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8723@/" title="To [8723]" type="radio"> @8723 9 months CRe logic error -.-
                <input name="old" value="8722@/" title="From [8722]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8722@/" title="To [8722]" type="radio"> @8722 9 months CRe typo.
                <input name="old" value="8721@/" title="From [8721]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8721@/" title="To [8721]" type="radio"> @8721 9 months CRe Hopefully this does the trick.
                <input name="old" value="8720@/" title="From [8720]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8720@/" title="To [8720]" type="radio"> @8720 9 months CRe Stupid logical errors :P Too tired.
                <input name="old" value="8719@/" title="From [8719]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8719@/" title="To [8719]" type="radio"> @8719 9 months CRe Change last to list.
                <input name="old" value="8718@/" title="From [8718]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8718@/" title="To [8718]" type="radio"> @8718 9 months CRe Stupid mistake :P
                <input name="old" value="8717@/" title="From [8717]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8717@/" title="To [8717]" type="radio"> @8717 9 months CRe some fixes..
                <input name="old" value="8716@/" title="From [8716]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8716@/" title="To [8716]" type="radio"> @8716 9 months CRe whoops wrong bot.
                <input name="old" value="8715@/" title="From [8715]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8715@/" title="To [8715]" type="radio"> @8715 9 months CRe some fixes..
                <input name="old" value="8714@/" title="From [8714]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8714@/" title="To [8714]" type="radio"> @8714 9 months CRe !last command
                <input name="old" value="8713@/" title="From [8713]" type="radio"> <input name="new" value="8713@/" title="To [8713]" type="radio"> @8713 9 months qan Typo fix

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

although to their credit i have had people telling me that they were trying to turn over a new leaf and i personally havnt seen any of their numerous examples of past douchebaggery, which sertifi has already gone out of his way to display

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

and i am willing to look the other way in the interest of the betterment of the game

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

where is qan and y the fuk is that useless fuk poid still being mentioned
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

think qan still in Japan.

Comment

qan is notorious for going missing for months or even years at a time

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

So basically, staff are still working on Public and doing next to nothing with every other arena/league. Great. I'm sure the 10 pure pubber veterans in this game will love it. The other 99% of TW will still wonder why public is the only arena to ever get attention from devs.
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Also, I have a background in writing, but I'm not going to email azov to get 'permission' to write a glorified TWDT Hot or Not. Also, people bitch too much if they disagree, and no HoN writer ever wants to deal with that. There's a reason so few of us ever did them in the past. Comments should probably be removed from any HoN type posts, assuming you want people to actually do them on a regular basis.
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X