This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Ladders reset!

Today Elim Ladders was reset so we can start a fresh, new season! This season begins NOW! This reset will occur from now on at the beginning of every month on the first. So, the next reset will occur March 1, 2015, and with it a brand new season for the month of March. In addition, we will also be ranking players to show who are the top players each month. We're working on a way to advertise those results and we'll let everyone know where they can go to find them once we finalize that. Other changes include removing the !scorereset permanently; also, we are going to be adding medals players can win based whether a player can be top ranked in Elim for a particular season/month. These medals will appear next to the players name they used in Elim on their TWD profile page. The goal here is to promote competition among players and make Elim an exciting place to play that will always have something new and exciting for players to look forward to every month. These changes in Elim will be a project handled by staffers stark and Kim, so if you have any questions, get a hold of them in game! As always, feel free to sound off below with your comments!
    Last edited by Azov; 02-05-2015, 01:35 AM.

Thanx for letting us know :P. I wonder if the current leaders could be physically typed onto the elim map in the middle- and this gets updated at the end of each month. This gives some incentive to be in the top 5 (you want to have your name on the map). That's the easy option- the other one is harder that is exactly like elim- where a popup appears displaying the current leaders.

-Also could the map tiles be changed? Those dueling arena could have cooler looking tiles.... it could be altered once a month. Create more interest by making dueling look attractive/ different once in a while.
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Fork, you can always suggest some tiles.. create a rough draft of the map with the tiles you think would work best. No need for you to create the whole map using those tiles, just a small part of it. Once you're done, show it to Kim & stark and they will decide whether it's usable or not.
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by field View Post
        Fork, you can always suggest some tiles.. create a rough draft of the map with the tiles you think would work best. No need for you to create the whole map using those tiles, just a small part of it. Once you're done, show it to Kim & stark and they will decide whether it's usable or not.
        I could just do one duel arena i guess.... perhaps there should be a competition to see who can make the best looking duel arena (one small arena- not whole map). Post the image of it and people decide what looks the best... anything to tempt wormhole surfer :P
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
          Thanx for letting us know :P. I wonder if the current leaders could be physically typed onto the elim map in the middle- and this gets updated at the end of each month. This gives some incentive to be in the top 5 (you want to have your name on the map). That's the easy option- the other one is harder that is exactly like elim- where a popup appears displaying the current leaders.

-Also could the map tiles be changed? Those dueling arena could have cooler looking tiles.... it could be altered once a month. Create more interest by making dueling look attractive/ different once in a while.
          If you have a design in mind, I don't mind considering it. Nothing too bright and I think most players will find it acceptable. I don't want to play with the map design for the time being though.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

How about keeping track of lifetime statistics? I would love to see mine and others stats over their career in elim. I think it would be interesting to keep track of but just a suggestion. Could also be an indirect way of encouraging players to use single names in elim and stick around?

Comment

I'm glad that elim is finally being worked on again, especially with Kim at the head who has been a long time elim player. I can't help but feel like monthly resets are far too much though. Elim in its golden age never had 100% resets, there would be minor resets every 3 or 4 months and would reset everything besides the last month or so of playing, so your rating would roll over to the next phase.

I think it'd be better to do something like that - have a reset every 3 months yet keep the last month of your games so there's continuity and you're forced to 'try' every time you play instead of just starting new every reset.

Glad to see !scorereset taken away, it completely ruined elim. Are there any usage requirements though? Having infinite names to rank on is the same as being able to !scorereset. 100 hours usage isn't unreasonable now considering it used to be 100 back in 2001.
              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

I completely agree with everything Mythril brought up.

Comment

the length of seasons can definitely be increased. i was originally thinking that bi-monthly resets would have been a good start as its not too long or too short of a period, thus keeps the interest to the competition going, but three month cycles would also work. i do like the idea of soft resets, but not sure how easy that would be to implement.

kim and stark can decide if they want to change the season length, and if they want to add back the 36-hour usage requirement (or an even higher one), but i would try to keep elim as an arena where even relatively new players can play in to gain valuable experience.

Comment

Yes, that is completely valid. I'm guessing there won't be that many competitive players who are gunning for #1 in only 1 month. We'll see what the results are by the end of the month and see what people's opinions are about it. Should be no problem to stretch the resets longer.
                    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                    Failure teaches success.

Comment

We'll discuss whether or not we want to implement a usage restriction on it by the end of this month as well. I'm all for it.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I think it is a really good idea.
                        Usage limit not needed, if somehow you can implement the same system as in TWD.
                        Have the TWD name linked to TWEL, ELIM, basically everything.

O.O
                        Last edited by Ravos; 02-05-2015, 11:01 AM. Reason: cas i wanted to
                        Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                        waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                        Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                        waxer> LOl,no
                        waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

I'd like to see a reset period at 3 months as Myth stated, I think 1 month is far too short and personally I'd lose interest quickly if my good scores were resetting that frequently, this way we get in a 1 year span 4 players for each ship listed on the site (top 5 of each 3 month period should be recorded on a site/put onto A1 of the elim map).
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

When is next reset?
                            Or arent there any playoffs anymore?
                            Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
                            waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
                            Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
                            waxer> LOl,no
                            waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

Working...
                            X