Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new name of QuantomSpace (See, I can't eve spell it right)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    Stayon, have you actually watched the Quantum Space video and read the real forum thread for it? Check here if not: http://forums.subspace.tw/showthread...cement-project
    Nop, Im about to now, though. Was just talking out of my ass, due to my special friendship with him.

First point remains, too many 'little things', too much diverted attention.
    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
    Your friend,
    ​​Papi
    ​​​​​

Comment

Space-Infinite, Space Companions, or use a name that is highly searched through google, whether it be Space Origins (in some form), System of Solar Warfares (solar system), or Nuclear Airspace Assault (NASA) for examples. Need something clever that will pop-up for people when they search something having to do with space. TWD works if people went beyond page one to search The Walking Dead related links, so something on that line should help out with the game.

Comment

Space Cake Game
        Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

Comment

2D Spacemen Videogame (2SV)
          7:Ruhe In Frieden> wiat, how come everyone said jill was lebanese?
          7:raizin> LESBIAN, NOT LEANESE
          7:Almalexia> LOLIRL
          7:Ruhe In Frieden> lol
          7:CROW_CAW_CAW_CAW> hahah
          7:Berlin Wall> rofl

Comment

Snrrrb has already worked on a HTML5 subspace game called dotproduct - http://dotproduct.nanavati.net/#

Login to play and test it out its TW settings.
            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

and when i got caught when i stole the pub bucks money from bot

Leland

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                it has nothing to do with steam, and poid was working on a subspace lookalike in his free time, and he managed to get a lot of things done quickly because he didnt try to make it similar to continuum at all and used a lot of third party libraries, so it has a lot of dependencies and physics issues

and like phoenix usc it is a completely different game than continuum
                Interesting .. didn't think Cheese! would be the one to make outlandish responses with no backing, when he calls others up on doing so all the time....

The client attempt I'm working on uses Unity Game Engine to allow for cross-platform compilation, hopefully eventually leading to it being playable on tablet devices, which was the primary reason I even looked into creating a client. Unity is the only constraint and dependency.
                ANY client attempt would need to make use of external libraries unless said programmers were doing direct screen draw calls to graphics hardware, not even using a 3d party graphics library. The amount of work involved and the stupidity of doing so, would put any such project into "will never be finished" mode and thus useless.

The client attempt is specifically trying to not use existing Continuum / Subspace gfx and sounds as I do not have ownership of these and thus am trying to avoid potential issues down the road.

A claim that I have made no effort to make it similar to the existing game is ridiculous and grossly misinformed, or is it just an upset claim because more's been accomplished in this effort than in 2+yrs of his effort ....
                As a number of staffers themselves know from helping me test things, all attempts possible are being made to have it in-line with existing game play. It is NOT a new game. It *will* connect to existing servers and provide a replicated game play experience similar to Continuum before it will ever be even launched as Alpha stage.
                Days have been spent trying to reproduce the exact bomb damage we see today by doing endless tests.
                The majority of the physics items in the client already emulate our existing game using the existing settings. As with any work in progress, there are some items still to be implemented in the physics department, such as wall friction, but to claim physics issues is incorrect. Especially as it hasn't been released and thus no-one has actually seen it in action besides myself. The video was the first time anyone else had seen it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                  Space-Infinite, Space Companions, or use a name that is highly searched through google, whether it be Space Origins (in some form), System of Solar Warfares (solar system), or Nuclear Airspace Assault (NASA) for examples. Need something clever that will pop-up for people when they search something having to do with space. TWD works if people went beyond page one to search The Walking Dead related links, so something on that line should help out with the game.
                  Good thinking on the google hits related name.

This effort is not a random troll. Sheriff approached me about the name and I told him that in all honesty, I don't actually care what it's called. To post the video on Youtube I needed a name, so chose one of the many that had been floating around. If there are better name suggestions that get decided on, I'm all for calling it by that. My focus is getting 'er done, not what to call 'er.

Comment

Working...
                  X