X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub Event Weekend: Classic Settings/Bluetech Map

Hey there,

this weekend we will have a classic settings weekend along with a map 2pacZ waited to have uploaded and used for an eternity already. Those settings were in use more than 10 years ago. (Not the map, have to give players who contribute a chance as we want more of that.)

A short info on the changes for this weekend:

Lev: L3 bombs, upgrade on repels, no starting rocket, no radar, no anti
    Terr: 3 turrets max (mainly to counter super-L3-bomb-LTs)
    Weasel: Permacloak with slow recharge, more energy, slower bullets, more energy needed to fire.
    Lanc: Slightly weaker, slower firing bullets. Especially Multi fire weaker. Speed reduced, less energy needed for thrusting.
    Mines: Max 8, before 12.
    Fake bomb color removed.

Before you come up with assumptions, none of those changes will go in permanently right now. Pub will be back to it's previous state after this weekend. However, it would be nice if you would give serious feedback on the different settings. Especially the Lanc settings might go in to the normal config as the Lanc currently is slightly OP with boni on lag rushing. This is a development of setting it more and more as an "easy ship for newbies" during the past years, but gives an advantage to veterans exploiting it's strengths, which mostly shows in combination with high lag or straying from distance.

We will have more of those special settings weekends to collect feedback and possibly add some of the ship configurations as options for !buy to create alternate ship setups (medium speed stunner Lev vs. slow and defenceless heavy artillery Lev, CombatTerr with L2 bullets vs. BaseTerr with faster energy recharge, ...) or as an upgrade players get on high kill streaks, highest score in pub or similar conditions (bouncing bullet for Warbird after 15 kills without death, free repels for every kill for Shark, full Shrap upgrade for Javs with 10 kills and no teamkill, ...).

Spam comments and nonsense will be considered a break of rules, deleted and if repeated, lead to a silence on forums and in the game. This is supposed to be a place for constructive on topic discussion.

Detailed info:

Leviathan:
    - Bomb fire delay reduced by 75% (this is the time between firing a bomb and any other action like repel/rocket/bullet)
    - Maximum Repels upgraded from 2 to 4, starting with 2 (before 2)
    - Maximum Rockets upgraded from 1 to 3, starting with 0 (before 1)
    - Can not have X-Radar any more (used to randomly start with or without, could green+buy)
    - Can not have Anti-Warp any more (started without, could buy)
    - Bomb Level 3 (before 2)
    - Can see bombs L2+ on radar (used to be L3+)

Terrier:
    - Maximum number of turrets reduced to 3 (from 7)

Weasel:
    - Energy needed to fire Single/Multi increased by 44%
    - Bullet speed halved
    - Energy to cloak reduced by 6.25%
    - Energy to stealth reduced by 20%
    - Maximum Health upgraded to 1300 (from 1020)
    - Rotation speed increased by 11.5%
    - Thrust (shift key) reduced by 8.3%
    - Speed increased by 25%
    - Recharge rate increased by 27.5%
    - Maximum number of decoys increase to 3 (from 1), starting with 0
    - Maximum number of rockets increased to 3 (from 1), starting with 1

Lancester:
    - Energy to fire Single decreased by 3.3%
    - Energy to fire Multi increased by 3.4%
    - Bullet speed decreased by 1.4%
    - Single fire delay (time between shots) increased by 40%
    - Multi fire delay increased by 60%
    - Multi fire angle(bullet spread) reduced by 60%
    - Maximum speed on thrusters (shift) reduced by 28.6%
    - Maximum speed without thrusters reduced by 7.7%
    - Maximum Health reduced to 1400 (from 1500)
    - Recharge speed reduced by 2%
    - Thruster energy use reduced by 5.9%

Shark:
    - Can see bombs of all levels (used to be 3+)

Bullet Strength:
    Bullet upgrade damage reduced to 500 (from 520). This is the damage added for each bullet level upgrade, to save you the math:
    L1 520
    L2 1020
    L3 1520

With the current event settings this means a Lanc with Multi fire on can not destroy the strongest ships (1500 energy, Weasel/Lanc/Shark are weaker) with 2 quick hits due to the firing delay. With Single fire two quick hits can kill though.

Bomb Strength:
    EMP bombs used to cause 5% less damage than normal ones, this is not the case any more.

Mines:
    The maximum number of mines per team has been reduced to 8 (from 12)

Shrapnel:
    Supposed to spread in a different pattern now.

Bounty:
    The score added (points, not bux) for a kill consists of 25% of your bounty now (from 65%).
    In other words: less score advantage for ships with naturally high bounty like Levs or campers. With that also less points to buy items.
    Killing an enemy while having 100 bounty yourself will now give 25 bonus score, instead of the 65 from before.
    Killing an enemy while having 3 bounty yourself will now give 0 bonus score, instead of the 1 from before.
    There are other modifiers to it, this is not the final score. Check http://wiki.minegoboom.com for details.

Graphics:
    All bombs will have the default color again. The mod changing L2 bombs to L3 and L3 to L4 visually has been removed.
    The map can be found in ?go 2paczpub after this event.

bkgmjo! will also be teaching the following during the event:

SQL
    HTML5
    CSS
    ASP
    PHP
    .NET
    JAVA
    C++
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Make the weasle small again and ask if people prefer this? You might as well if you're trialing things out.
      1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

No idea why I can't edit my post...

Why can't you test wormholes pub map or work with him for a modified pub look (trial period or just for weekend)? You know fans spinning in the background\ hd looking lights\ graphix etc... It's only ever been tested once during ddos period and a majority of people didn't mind it. Any pub developer ever brave enough to trial it out?
        1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Personally, I strongly dislike that map. It also does cause heavy lag on some players, but if you can get enough ppl to want it I'm open to have it on for a weekend.

(assume u mean ?go #tw2014)
          Last edited by bkgmjo; 08-28-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Levs can eat a dick. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
              Personally, I strongly dislike that map. It also does cause heavy lag on some players, but if you can get enough ppl to want it I'm open to have it on for a weekend.

(assume u mean ?go #tw2014)
              Yes but that map altered to how people prefer it to look (work with the public + wormhole surfer (he's prob not interested anymore)- alter some blocks in the middle... have the holes exactly like it is in pub atm... weekend thing could be cool :P

Comment

Well, do it I placed 2pacZ map because he did something and asked for this to be used. Chances things happen this way are a bit higher than by demanding others to do stuff and keeping yourself out ;-)

Nobody says a weekend map has to be exactly like normal pub either. Could use the map you suggest and place the ww3 shipset on it if enough people like the idea. It is supposed to be a change and give players a chance to have something different to spice it up from time to time.

Sooo, feel free to get others behind the idea and assemble a team for it. Nothing stops you from creating a map and posting stuff on forums to get players opinions and open discussion.

Comment

Lanc changes suck
                  Leland

Comment

Originally posted by Leland View Post
                    Lanc changes suck
                    LOL
                    8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by bkgmjo View Post
                      Well, do it I placed 2pacZ map because he did something and asked for this to be used. Chances things happen this way are a bit higher than by demanding others to do stuff and keeping yourself out ;-)

Nobody says a weekend map has to be exactly like normal pub either. Could use the map you suggest and place the ww3 shipset on it if enough people like the idea. It is supposed to be a change and give players a chance to have something different to spice it up from time to time.

Sooo, feel free to get others behind the idea and assemble a team for it. Nothing stops you from creating a map and posting stuff on forums to get players opinions and open discussion.
                      I didn't no if u read at the time but here were opinions of the map itself?

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...highlight=Fork

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                        I didn't no if u read at the time but here were opinions of the map itself?

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...highlight=Fork

no one cares about wormhole surfer i dont take that guy serious nor his gfx, but make a map fork send it over to bk and he can check it out, the map for pub didnt take me long and it works with stock settings and previous map.
                        https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                          no one cares about wormhole surfer i dont take that guy serious nor his gfx, but make a map fork send it over to bk and he can check it out, the map for pub didnt take me long and it works with stock settings and previous map.
                          Well i did once as a jk but it isn't as good as worm's

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...light=Fork+pub

Comment

Originally posted by Fork View Post
                            Well i did once as a jk but it isn't as good as worm's

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...light=Fork+pub
                            gfx look like shit reminds me of soldat, can do better
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                              gfx look like shit reminds me of soldat, can do better
                              Yeh and that's why I'm not ever making any maps... The one above took a while . I would save alot of time

Comment

Working...
                              X