X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephemeral
    replied
    Hi Nailed,
    Thanks for asking, still alive and kicking…immunotherapy appears to be working and not allowing the cancer to continue to spread; my current oncologist is pleased. The medical procedures are grueling, between the chemo and the dialysis I go to over 200 of them per year. Making things worse is the socialize medical system here in the US (for dialysis patients only), my wife is convinced that the dialysis company will kill me before the cancer does.

She is probably right, even if they only make a life threatening mistake 1% of the time, it means that twice a year I am facing a unnecessary medical fatal crisis. I am trying to make improvements in the dialysis care system and have been asked to become a patient advocate to represent patient interests with the $12 billion medical sweat shop (my dialysis facility). I had been away from corporate America for a few years and forgotten how much fun it is to go to meetings and make people cry. LOL
    Eph

Leave a comment:

• Funky Hobo
    replied
    Hope all is well Eph! It's been good seeing you back in your Shark in Pub

Leave a comment:

• NaiLed
    replied
    can you update us please, eph? hope all is well!

Leave a comment:

• hellmouth
    replied
    I hope to be playing Subspace on my deathbed, hopefully a long time from now.

Leave a comment:

• FACEPUNCHER
    replied
    Saying a prayer for you right now! Continue to be tough.

Leave a comment:

• kthx
    replied
    You mean it isn't for the smart intelligent conversation and witty banter?

Leave a comment:

• NaiLed
    replied
    the only reason i check these forums these days is for updates on your situation, eph

glad it's going well and it - hopefully - will continue!

keep us updated!!

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    Hang in there Eph, that's great news! Pulling for you buddy

Leave a comment:

• kentaro
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    incredible news eph! keep up the fight.

What low lives are pming you those messages? Name and shame
    whoever that is, is a huge pricko

Leave a comment:

• Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by ephemeral
    Thanks and an update.
    As mentioned I started with a new immunotherapy. Like most of these immunotherapies, this one breaks the bond between the PDL1 protein and the cancer cells. (The PDL1 protein binds and hides the cancer cells from being ‘seen’ by our bodies immune defense system.) On Tuesday and after being treated since April, the affect lymph nodes have shrunk by 50%. While my oncologist is not calling this a full remission, it is very good news.
    Nice to hear, eph

Leave a comment:

• paradise!
    replied
    Hey dude wishing you the best of luck. Us old vets gotta stick together eph, we are a rare breed. KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!

Leave a comment:

• Ephemeral
    replied
    Originally posted by Ricko View Post
    ...What low lives are pming you those messages? Name and shame
    I have no idea, they were aliased under some random name. About a week ago some player (on my frequency) started PMing me things like, ‘aren’t you dead yet’ and ‘hasn’t that cancer killed you off yet’. When I ?ignored they simply logged back in under another random name. I literally had not typed a single word the entire session so I am unsure of the motivation. No worries, it is what it is.
    Eph

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post

My wife is pissed, she was hoping for the insurance money. LOL

Eph
    hahah Eph!!! hilarious!!

What positive news !!! I'm thrilled to hear about your progress. 50% reduction of the nodes sounds like remission is heading in the right direction!! Kick this things butt!

Oh and I'm sorry about the trolls.. what insensitive stupid twats..

Keep those gloves swinging Eph!!! <3

Leave a comment:

• Ricko
    replied
    incredible news eph! keep up the fight.

What low lives are pming you those messages? Name and shame

Leave a comment:

• Ephemeral
    replied
    Thanks and an update.
    As mentioned I started with a new immunotherapy. Like most of these immunotherapies, this one breaks the bond between the PDL1 protein and the cancer cells. (The PDL1 protein binds and hides the cancer cells from being ‘seen’ by our bodies immune defense system.) On Tuesday and after being treated since April, the affect lymph nodes have shrunk by 50%. While my oncologist is not calling this a full remission, it is very good news.

My wife is pissed, she was hoping for the insurance money. LOL

On the down side, this new immunotherapy drug is outrageously expensive. It is $33,800 per dose (infusion every 21 days). My insurance is only willing to pay about $8,000 per dose so I had to get accepted in the drug company’s ‘compassion’ program so they are covering the extra costs.

So to those players who have been PMing me to with ‘hope your cancer kills you’…. bite me.
    Eph

Leave a comment:

Working...
X