Base Versus Duel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base Versus Duel

Though a lot of glory might be seen in basing at the public arena, the trench wars divisions site shows the duel ladders are full and about 3 basing squadrons have basing done so far in the new season.

What thoughts, can share...will Duel(Javelin and Warbird) remain dominant in TWD, or is Base fine in everything in the future [Terrier, Shark, Spider, Lancaster, and Weasel]. Will leviathan play a role in any division again?

The guess here is the ladders will remain so Duels are fine for a while, Base ace though might not return to TWL.

Feel free to the subject as post.

-inv
    TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
    TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
    TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
    ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Okay maybe this one got jumping the gun a little. Eh yep!
    TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
    TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
    ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

Comment

it was always tough to find league styled basers even 15 years ago...because most gravitate to squads that are good wb and jd as well.....

maybe its time for a change in the league basing style.. dont get me wrong i love league basing.... but guys today... really dont even understand how to play it or excel at it... and lets be real here.. most vets are not that helpful far more critical and insulting about someone that doesnt know how to do something.....

options to maybe consider?

Forced Lineup:
      a: maybe reduce sharks to max 1 like the terr...would make cramming very hard...
      b: force a lineup to dress 1 wb 1 jav 1 shark...1 lanc maybe even a cloaker and a lev lol...
      c: i like this one... consider opening up the flagroom similar to pub.... not only would this make the game more wide open...create longer flag fights... it would make those other ships a little more useful then in the tight flagroom of old...
      d: option for 2 terrs possilby...(combo of c and d would be interesting... and create a need for strategic awareness lol)

I know that when we get 8-20 per team in the flagroom right now it can make for some fun and really intense flag room fights.. which brings me back to how i got hooked back in the beginning....
      i even heard one night a guy say at an event he was "going back to put because it was more fun" lol..... wasnt a bad event... low numbers at it... but it struck me funny.. years ago we couldnt get guys into pub... they starved for events.. these days many love pub...(which is kudos to the guys that have tried diligently over the years to create a fun pub environment)

Now dont get your panties in a bunch if you disagree lol... just spitballing here and thinking about things that might help.... soldier13 has brought up an interesting topic..... so valid ideas are great to discuss...!
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Ya that is good too.

The new public arena adds dimensions to the Trench Wars Basing Scene. The base not only variable in configuration, it is also in scale of how large or small the map, the walls, even the ships can be. The game is funner with Base because it is so free handed in the playing field it depicts so well and even reinvents itself might say.

Extreme Games is a jungle will not understand it appears. The last EGFL was what 2013 and stuff so its not as simple which just gives the advantage to Trench Wars.

As always.

Have guns and fly Subspace Continuum!

Comment

Working...
        X