Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need to draw a line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We need to draw a line



    This guy was on a roll, flooding pub chat with trashtalk. Really bad trashtalk. Trashtalk that deserves to get him temp banned imo. However, actively encouraging people to commit suicide is where he crossed a line.

    Pub is very inactive at certain times a day, I understand. But the lack of moderators and enforcement of even a bare minimum of rules, not only hurts this game (most people don't like having linguistic buckets of shit poured over them), it also fails to provide a safe environment. What if a kid fires up this game and that Bukakke guy tells him to google it, when the kid asks him what his nick means? (Which I believe I've seen him do btw). Should that account even be allowed?

    I'm not a fan overly censoring which tends to happen on commercial, mainstream platforms (be it gaming, media, whatever), but we need to draw a line somewhere, no? Pub is where most people start and hang out. I'd rather not have it turn into a shit hole filled with racism, hatred, holocaust denial, team killing and more of that 'good' stuff.

    Ps. I set these images to expire in a month, 'cause I'm actually violating the image hosting service's terms by uploading them.

  • #2
    Agree.

    I'd add that there's a handful of players who MUST be ignored to have any sort of sanity in pub spec chat. Putting them in the default Steam ignore.txt would improve the game. But really, these players should be banned. Everything they say is pure aids.
    Tower
    Tantalus
    ProBro
    BLACKLIVESMATTER
    GET PSYCHO
    FEAR!
    SAY NO TO GUNS
    MANG00
    olde
    tiger the crab
    Chewbot
    Sag A*
    zapping zapper
    D-FILER
    G.KNOXX

    Comment


    • #3
      I've given this fella a 24 hour silence - that is - 24 hours of active time in game. While I do feel that this idiot is obviously a complete cancer, I must tell you that he has absolutely zero prior warnings or BanCs. I am going to try to speak with him when I see him online and hopefully avoid this in the future. Certainly, the good of the game outweighs this fellas right to puke his insecurities out into pub and alienate players. That being said, as much as based on the above pictures, I'd like to ban him for a year, we have to weigh the punishment for the crime and a player's history.

      In terms of moderation, we have a shortage of manpower for sure. Staff members are not robots and have lives themselves. We don't just give out moderator powers to anyone, or it would be chaos. We typically can't keep up with attrition due to inactivity at this point. More volunteers and staff applications are always welcome.
      Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face


      Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY


      TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

      Comment


      • #4
        get rid of these fucking trolls
        Leland

        Comment


        • #5
          I will also add - I don't want to go into tremendous detail - but we have recently (within the last couple months) added a section to the ban manual that specifically deals with disruptive players.

          Because moderators are mandated to follow the ban manual, but in full realization that I can't be online 24/7 to deal with cancerous players who are actively disrupting gameplay or staff operations, moderators may now take more severe action without Ban Op authority if a player is designated as having recurring disruptive issues.

          Nothing is perfect, and lord knows nothing will stop the mentally ill that we attract from making problems, but just know that we are trying, and we do realize that this has become more of an obvious issue as general population has declined (but troll population increases).
          Duel Pasta> great
          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face


          Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY


          TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10
          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rab View Post
            Agree.

            I'd add that there's a handful of players who MUST be ignored to have any sort of sanity in pub spec chat. Putting them in the default Steam ignore.txt would improve the game. But really, these players should be banned. Everything they say is pure aids.
            Tower
            Tantalus
            ProBro
            BLACKLIVESMATTER
            GET PSYCHO
            FEAR!
            SAY NO TO GUNS
            MANG00
            olde
            tiger the crab
            Chewbot
            Sag A*
            zapping zapper
            D-FILER
            G.KNOXX
            why am I on here? All I do is stand up for staff and tell you when you wine to much!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Voth View Post
              I've given this fella a 24 hour silence - that is - 24 hours of active time in game. While I do feel that this idiot is obviously a complete cancer, I must tell you that he has absolutely zero prior warnings or BanCs. I am going to try to speak with him when I see him online and hopefully avoid this in the future. Certainly, the good of the game outweighs this fellas right to puke his insecurities out into pub and alienate players. That being said, as much as based on the above pictures, I'd like to ban him for a year, we have to weigh the punishment for the crime and a player's history.

              In terms of moderation, we have a shortage of manpower for sure. Staff members are not robots and have lives themselves. We don't just give out moderator powers to anyone, or it would be chaos. We typically can't keep up with attrition due to inactivity at this point. More volunteers and staff applications are always welcome.
              NO A 24 HOUR SILENCE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH BAN HIM BAN HIM BAN HIM!!!!!! HES JUST GOING TO DO IT AGAIN AFTER THE SILENCE IS UP BAN BAN BAN BAN!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by G.KNOXX View Post
                why am I on here? All I do is stand up for staff and tell you when you wine to much!
                Because if I removed u it'd take about 5 minutes of your pure aids before I re-added u.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm glad to hear voth did something. Why is staff being so selective about abuse and when to enforce this type behavior though?? I've dealt with these type insults on a regular basis for months making staff help calls only to be flat out ignored or told to ?ignore the abuser. I was even told to do an ?ignore on this ridiculousness below and staff refused to warn this player. Unacceptable!! This was one page of like 10 pages of spam done to me.. why was this player not warned??


                  TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                  TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                  TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                  TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                  TSLB CHAMPION 2018

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yea that is most excessive never seen anything like it. Wonder what coding limits looks like on this thing. Hope it gets there.
                    TWDT Power Squadron Triple Crown Win 2018 Season. Base, Javelin and Warbird Medals.
                    TWDTB Season 15 Trench Wars Draft Basing: TWDTB Champion & Medal
                    TSLB All-Star Season 2: Medal 1 Win-Baser in 2 or 4 to 10 Zones('Grab the Flag')&Paladen Best Old Squad 50 Members-former whiterabbits squad, fan and member: Invincible
                    ~Babylon 5 spider insider.sigpic former No Surrender and No Surrender II,loyal to Anti-Scrub~ Kongregate Champion!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      gaaarfellld
                      sigpic

                      1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i hear he hates mondays
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

                        SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer


                        Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          how you gonna draw a line when LF was allowed to rape a minor? where would the line begin?
                          Originally posted by trancE tunes
                          this game got completely killed by now known pedophile, LF, and his pedophile friends. good job you fuckin racist redneck pieces of shit.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            https://textuploader.com/dv8xr in no specific order..added a couple more recently...came back to this game to consider trying to revive it..im about to own a new laundromat and thought why not pay a couple grand to a youtuber to say its fucking amazing...but looking at it as is..theres no way its even worth it...lets say 500-1000 new people actually did come out of the 1,000,000 views..there's just no way they will stay. not with the people on the list i just linked.

                            did you know some of these rednecks called my house after finding my ip address/home address/phone number and it was 4am? oh, and even better, my mom who had cancer answered the phone so they decided to start yelling at her and calling her a bitch.

                            people i think were involved: centurion, the_paul, oderus, kitty, vulcs or whatever her name is the one sucking kthx, lf, ph's dick, torturingnewbs, pagan chainsaw... they could be part of it too or be the same people etc but i remember my mom saying it was a girls voice..but i know for sure that LF centurion and ph would say my address in pub and when i tried to do anything about it no one cared. they called my house and gave my dying mom a hard time at 4am. thats are the type of people they are.

                            not to mention...primary's sig. fuckin pieces of trash. all of them.
                            Last edited by trancE tunes; 09-29-2018, 02:10 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm quitting this game and this is why.
                              I'm sick of getting trolled by random people in pub and staff doing nothing about it.
                              Goodbye TW.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X