We need to draw a line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
    You also need to reverse your situation. If you were on a bus and twenty trolls were harassing and yelling at you to get off for being a decent person. Would you get off the bus? When people think they are correct that is even more of a reason they won't get off the bus. i would never get off the bus because of peer pressure, social norms, or violence. i go where i damn well please.
    You would have been beat to within an inch of your life as well. You have absolutely no idea of what you'd be dealing with in real life. And that's the difference.

Comment

• qan I agree with your wording and arena idea

Comment

• what i see: ephemeral, mootland, and space want the bs to stop. if anyone's say can be respected in this zone is it not them? please listen to what spacehiker said. he's right priitk would be ashamed of what he sees in pub. connection used to tell me he understands what i am doing but the rest of staff was unwilling to go with the way it used to be...left_eye used to say the same... if this was stopped years ago (which again, i was mocked for and literally harassed IRL for), then we wouldve retained more players than we lost. no idea if it's too late at this point...

not reading a damn thing falconeer says, as no one else should. he's one of the problem players of TW.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpaceHiker View Post

You would have been beat to within an inch of your life as well. You have absolutely no idea of what you'd be dealing with in real life. And that's the difference.
          You can hold a gun to my head and i will say whatever i want to say still. That's called integrity. I could care less what anyone will, can or wants to do me in retaliation. I would say whatever I want to say even if i was in a Vietnamese concentration camp at the risk of torture and death, they would end up having to cut out my tongue, and my last words would be "the mind is free". in the real world you have people who don't bend like cowards to avoid pain.

the difference is you can do violence to make the world a better place? good job moron, we can see where you're coming from.

the only peer pressure that's bad right now is qan bending to all of you, and about to do the wrong thing as a result instead of thinking for himself. i'm a fucking troll and i'm telling you how to moderate trolls, i provided you with solutions, but nobody here wants solutions they want dictatorships and retaliation. in our societies we don't ban political, religious thought and discourse, there is no reason to do so here either. someone who really thought the chat should be separate from the game would do ?lines=0 and never see the chat and play. freespirit is a good example, i never see him in here complaining about what people type, he's too busy actually playing.
          Last edited by Falconeer; 10-22-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trancE tunes View Post
            what i see: ephemeral, mootland, and space want the bs to stop. if anyone's say can be respected in this zone is it not them? please listen to what spacehiker said. he's right priitk would be ashamed of what he sees in pub. connection used to tell me he understands what i am doing but the rest of staff was unwilling to go with the way it used to be...left_eye used to say the same... if this was stopped years ago (which again, i was mocked for and literally harassed IRL for), then we wouldve retained more players than we lost. no idea if it's too late at this point...

not reading a damn thing falconeer says, as no one else should. he's one of the problem players of TW.
            I'm more intelligent than all of you combined and trying to get you to avoid the cycle you're so eager to perpetuate for another ten years. trolls don't care about time, otherwise they wouldn't waste their lives on the computer and would get jobs irl, or the things you do to try and police them. moderating politics or religion won't stop controversial topics in the game. people can make controversial anything. I can go in any topic on this forum and have all of you raging at me to forum ban me in 1 week.

these guys in the game will circumvent any moderation you have, they will write down the schedules of your mods and troll during times no one is online, they will PM you, squad chat you, follow you to other zones, if you ignore them they will troll your friends so your friends complain to you thus trolling you. they will sit down 10 hours a day thinking of new material and new topics to make controversial, they will all come to the forums and use the forums more often. if you ban them they will find ways to unban, and if you banned me i would be sure to start a propaganda war (including but not limited to making and spreading a website around) showing how this zone went bat shit crazy with moderation, when there were other alternatives to moderation; like... actually moderating racism instead of doing nothing. this is a way better idea than moderating 6 schools of thought.

You're also failing to see that while some people like Sulla would quit the game, other people would rise up against such heavy handed moderation. You would be creating more trolls, and banning/moderating people you actually like and didn't even have a problem with before. solutions in life can't just be reduced to ban/kill/beat that guy and yet you talk about the real world...

i would also argue banning political conversation is what these people want... because they know going down that road is going to cause more problems.. it's a lose lose situation no matter what you do, but especially if you overreact. none of the so called trolls are here caring what you decide because ultimately it doesn't matter to extremists what you do they will always find ways to cause problems. a majority of trolling isn't even political or religious in nature, you would be ending what manco does and not much else. so better to just moderate sexism and crack down on manco individually than subject a whole population to your tyranny. you want to moderate extremists not moderates.

guaranteed the last thing any troll in game wants is for you guys to listen to me, because my suggestions make everything way harder for them.
            Last edited by Falconeer; 10-22-2018, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• "TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post

I'm more intelligent than all of you combined...
                No need to read any further.

"Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                Dral>I can get implants

Comment

• Originally posted by mtine View Post

No need to read any further.
                  Too short didn't read.

Originally posted by trancE tunes

"TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker
                  1. The game is not just trench wars?
                  2. The games survival is already jeopardized from greater forces than pixel text.
                  3. They are lenient on hate speech, but you probably think hate speech is me swearing at you, when it's something else entirely.
                  4. We have if we are lucky 1 new player a day that nobody can recognize because it's assumed it's another smurf troll. Still not enough new players for anything to be jeopardized.

You will get back a few players if you have moderation, which is good. But you have to remember the people you would get back aren't saints either. Spacehiker thinks it's okay for a troll/racist to get beat within an inch of their life. And you won't solve the other problems with the game because we need more than negative reinforcement, we need positive reinforcement in this game. That is to say a group of good people, who believe in good things, aren't hypocrites, and volunteer their time. All i see so far are lazy staff and power abusers.

the majority of you don't have proper ethics, seriously i only have faith in qan so far.
                  Last edited by Falconeer; 10-23-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

• One other reason i troll is because it's a very quick way to find good people... for example my sentence just exposed what mtine is all about... and i only want to associate with good people. A lack of tolerance makes you dangerous. Most trolls reason for trolling is because they have a lack of tolerance too, so they act out with words. Either way I'm not seeing much of a difference between you guys here and people in the game and i spent my whole life looking for that difference by being a jack ass. It's how people act when they don't like you that reveals who they really are. It's easy to like someone who is nice to you. The only person who wants to act with moderation here is qan. The rest of you want to nuke people. I hope the game dies if it comes to that.
                    Last edited by Falconeer; 10-23-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• I think if you're going to ban hate speech you have to ban it for all groups. Personal attacks can't be allowed either: insulting someone based on outside information. Hate speech towards an individual should be just as bad as towards a group. You can still dehumanize and stereotype an individual.

But people don't want that. They want to troll you and make you angry and even if you have the patience of a saint they will then say "A-HA, I knew you were just as terrible as I am!" Failing to ever direct the mirror inwards, failing to realize that other people having flaws is not of any consequence to their lives, their philosophy, etc unless they're extremely sad and deranged, like a 20 year troll who still writes like he is an angsty 13 year old. I feel bad for the ones who never see the light: one day they will realize all their judgements and perceptions were their own only, had no or little impact on anyone else, and in the end all they did was waste their time. The time they spent detailing their incredibly simplistic view of people and the world was infinitely more costly to him than it was to me. Reading this guy's epicly deep and edgy thoughts on life is actually one of the most depressing thoughts I've had, even more than logging on to the same depressing map every day.

Protip: don't give a fuck what anyone thinks or does if it doesn't effect you. It's time spent on others that could be spent on yourself.. because one day you'll meet the guy who's smarter and didn't waste time and they're going to wipe the floor with you and your supposed intellect. And at that point you'll be feeling pretty uncomfortable knowing you wasted your life on such bullshit, if you even ever realize it.
                      sigpic

Comment

• I say this as someone who has wasted a lot of time trolling. If you're intelligent as you say, you will realize most people don't know what the fuck is going on WITH ANYTHING. But there are good people who are just as capable as you and the internet allows you to find them. But I realized that to care about what anyone else is doing is pointless. Just do you there is no reason to do otherwise.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nobody learns from a troll btw, so your time has been wasted. If you're a good troll you might create a learning opportunity but if any hostility is detected your chances go down. The rational part of someone's brain is shutdown when they are angry - to attempt to teach anyone in this state is pointless.

If you really want to teach people you need a more open attitude. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt basically. Trolling starts with the assumption that people are stupid or weak - but by assuming this you create a self-fulfilling prophecy: you will always find some flaw to call stupid in a person because people are flawed by nature. But by taking the reverse perspective: that people can and are willing to learn in the right environment, and from the right people, now you're talking progress. You will convince far more people by being a role model (since you're smarter than all of us combined it should be easy for you to acquire such a position in the society) than any sort of sad trolling that by definition rarely if ever teaches anybody.

Being a troll, especially one of these sad trolls who boast about doing it for 20 years and don't seem to actually be concerned for humanity, is like being a dung beetle rolling shit around. We all know you're an expert on shit - it's what your whole life is about. But you only knew an elephant by his shins. Thank you and I hope this could inspire a great day in your life. Make the day count.
                          sigpic

Comment

• A certain side of me would love to see you another 20 years trolling people. All you're doing is wasting your life - as a competitive person why wouldn't I want a potential competitor to do this? Once you realize you're only harming yourself, even if it feels good to create harm in others, I think you will finally be cured. Unfortunately this post or any other I write couldn't convince you - you're smarter than me combined with everyone else here. Which is exactly what I want in a way: to see some loser like yourself fumble around in the dark for the answer much longer than I have. I hope you read everything here and immediately discard it - you will be doing everything the negative side of me wants you to do.

Now, dance my little puppet. Do everything you were destined to do.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Who said anything about learning? or teaching? that's not why trolls troll, it's not why i troll and it's not the proper mentality for a mod in the game either. "I'm gonna teach these guys to behave properly". You can't teach people who don't want to learn. It's just another ego cycle that will go on forever with some tyrant in power. Mods shouldn't try to teach lessons, your job is not to be an educator, it's to be objective and follow the rules and if you can't even follow the rules don't be a hypocrite and expect someone else to. Example: the other day tucker tk'ed me 100% on purpose.

Beyond this I would be trying to make mods as obsolete as possible by creating automated systems, that's the real way to make trolls obsolete.

You can't waste life. You have some presupposition on what makes a life valuable. You seem to think or may think along the lines of what the rest of society thinks. That it's having a job, a house and a family. I don't agree with you. Bringing up a 20 year old troll and wasting life just makes you one of the people mad that i'm a low-life who lives in my mom's attic. Why does this bother you so much?

The fact that all these people are coming out the woodwork telling others "don't read what falconeer types" is evidence of fear, because i'm the only truly objective person here, speaking with an objective lens. You think moderation and rules would help me in game? i can say what i think or believe in even if it harms my entertainment. that's the difference between you and me. i have principles. I don't smurf and hide names, i'm not afraid to give out my ip, i don't evade ignore for attention, i am thoroughly against copy & pasting especially as a troll tactic (that's just spamming), i don't send people after people rofl (including mods to ban others), i don't care about revenge, i don't have "allies" or join clubhouses, i care about EVERYTHING, and i don't pretend not to have feelings. i am infinitely more strong than you are and less afraid.

it's a myth that trolls troll to make others angry or get a reaction while having no feelings. weak people have no feelings, they are insecure and hide emotions because they are afraid to be vulnerable. maybe this was the definition of the troll back in 2000? i've adapted beyond this start line 15 years ago.
                              Last edited by Falconeer; 10-23-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• All I see is misinformation lol. That's all you can do. You take advantage of the open nature of discussion online to spread wrong information, create chaos, and generally ruin the environment. Any further time I take to debate you would be wasted, because your goal isn't to have a debate, it's to posture yourself as a superior person despite having zero in life to show for that. You keep mentioning other people as if they matter - did you gain nothing from what I said? Of course not, a dung beetle looking at shins like I said. Keep wasting your life brother, the time is ticking.

this goes for you or any other troll. Not sure if you are who I think you are.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X