We need to draw a line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by some anon smurf
    it's to posture yourself as a superior person despite having zero in life to show for that.
    So achievements in life define who is superior? Interesting ideology, perhaps hitler could have put the low-lives in concentration camps instead. I believe this thinking exists today with putting homeless people in prison.

I wonder how you are in relationships. Does your wife or girlfriend know you don't really love her? and just love her achievements? it's called vanity love. I love her because... she has a PHD.

Comment

• As for wasting time.. I think of it in every way. You can't hold two thoughts at the same time can you? Can you easily switch emotions without any cost? The time spent typing.. what could you be doing instead. That time is wasted imo, because it's energy and time spent on people who ultimately don't matter. And as a troll myself for maybe 20 years as well I know what works and what doesn't, and trolling doesn't teach anybody anything. People learn on their own accord. Stop caring what society cares about and change it by living your life epicly and fully. People will notice and want to be like you I promise.

Doing you a favour here.. trolling is wasting time by definition. You say some interesting things so has it been totally wasted probably not.. like I noticed as well that if you are the 'First Striker' let's say, people might not have restraint when getting you back. It's not rational but people have their own stupid ideas of how to teach people and they think by going overboard they are teaching something. That's not exactly justice but then, what is justice and can it ever be perfectly exacted?

Don't troll people. People have flaws, people are lazy, etc. You are not Columbus discovering the America's let's say. You're not adding anything. You're the guy at the fight making fun of the people standing by, without ever addressing the fact that you're just standing there as well. But when someone goes "well, what are you doing to end the fight?" you have nothing to say. Your whole existence as a troll is completely wasted and doesn't make anything better. Your refusal to acknowledge this fact doesn't change it.
      sigpic

Comment

• It's a simple mathematical truth.. you can try to teach every single person individually you will spend your whole life and get nowhere. Or you can live out your superior, intellectually-derived values in a way that inspires others to do the same. One of these options is more effective, far more saner, and morally superior - I'll let you decide which. If you're a smart guy like you said you'll figure it out quite easily.

Don't wait for the rest of society to 'level up' before you do.. who knows you might actually be the victim of a troll/deception on some level yourself. Better to disregard your whole notion of being superior and simply act it out. I'm saying this as a former troll to a brother.. you are not making a dent in humanity this way. It is the definition of time wasted. BE a better person, not because you're a sucker, but because you know that this is the way to get real change. You can't expect everyone else to do something you can't even do yourself.
        sigpic

Comment

• cool stories bros

Comment

• "TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker

Comment

• You are a fucking idiot Falconeer. No need for anyone to associate with you or to try and become your friend.

Oh and btw, most of the nice people left the game now for good. Your "trolling" or staff trying to fix something after 10 years isn't gonna save the game or bring us back. But keep at it man, maybe you will also grow up one day. Fingers crossed.
              "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
              Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
              Dral>I can get implants

Comment

• Pub chat isn't the reason why good people quitted I think, this debate about pub chat is a huge joke. Competitions is a joke too lets be honest, the game looks bad.

Comment

• Let's continue this debate on fortnite.

Comment

• Fortnite is a degenerate game for a degenerate era. First of all there's NO PUB CHAT. Only the cursed people in your squad can be trolled. Second it makes fun of financially disabled ppl who can't afford skins. The game creators don't want that to change because the bullying increases sales. Lastly the game is marketed towards the politically and socially volatile urban youth. The cotton candy graphics, bloom, lack of blood, and diverse character roster all point to a liberal indoctrination of the urban youth, perhaps to lessen the barrier towards future warfare by glorifying guns/paratroopers and minimizing the distasteful or unglamorous aspects of war.

1/10 would not base my evil lair from there.
                    sigpic

Comment

• You know I don't like fortnite right? they can't even fix their installer after 6 years.

Comment

• I also don't like insurgency. Shitty game where grenade launcher glitches, glass stops bullets? and the maps are all the same reducing "skill" to memorizing where players will be at certain times of gameplay and popular camping spots and lines of fire/player behaviour memorization. The FPS multiplayer games of the future will have procedurally generated maps eliminating this. I also often play games i dislike for 1000 hours and yell at people in the game about how their game sucks and why. Path of exile is a good example, never winter nights online, and Insurgency.

I can't even install fortnite to cry at people, that's how bad it is.

P.S violent games and toxic communities make people violent in real life.

Comment

• Wiibimbo is an idiot, please ignore him. I agree with Hellrazor though that this newfound concern about Pub chat and how it's the culprit for ruining not only Pub but this game as a whole.. is incredibly stupid and I've found myself laughing aloud several times at it's proposal. What killed this game was the restructuring of Pub from 2007-2015, demanded by the likes of Emph and Rab, turning the once laid back, Minecraft-esque nature of Pub where you and your friends could fly around and do whatever you felt like into a forced form of league basing, placing spawn points into flagroom (outside of it but fuck off), adding rounds, rewarding kills and nerfing ships like lev and lanc because "they aren't fun to vs. against in base".

That would be fine if Pub wasn't the first arena new players enter. Old pub would of been fine for new players because of it's relaxed state, it allowed people to grow and learn at their own speed and to take their game as far as they wanted to take it. They were left to explore, to be creative, to fall in love. If I started this game with Pub as it is now, I would of never stuck around, that much I know. With it now, players can't even experiment with different ships because they are spawned constantly, having Pub vets chomping at the bits at the sight of new blood. Its disgusting.

You guys brainwashed poor saps like Qan into believing that a competitive Pub is a great Pub, when truthfully, it's not and the only reason you wanted it to be a watered down form of base is because you guys could never cut it in a real basing game with squads, whether it be because your weird and unable to form relationships properly with strangers to achieve a common goal or because you flat out suck and realized that you'll never get to play in basing like games unless you turn Pub into something that resembles it enough for you to be satisfied.

Sorry to say but no, Pub chat is not the culprit for ruining this game.

Oh yeah.. Emph and others who have left because they were called names or were subject to opinions that they didn't like need to get REAL. The subspace community is super mild compared to modern day MMO's. These geezers have no clue how good they have it if someone is telling them that they should of tried to eat healthy to cure their cancer, I've had 5 year olds in CSGO tell me how they are going to disembowel me and my entire family, force me to suck my dad off, among numerous other highly offensive comments, on a microphone mind you, which is much harder to tune out than text and hits closer to home.

I am an adult though, I understand the world is full of fucked up people and like an adult, I ignore them or block them out. Also, word of advice for you geezers out there who still don't understand how brutal the internet is, when it comes to online gaming communities, NEVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION unless you are willing and ready for someone to take it and use it against you in the most imaginative fucked up slanderous ways!!! Emph, bless his heart should not of gone on here blabbling about his cancer battle for years if he didn't want to have it be used against him later on by some maggot who wants to upset him. Goes for Jess and many others who have gone on here or in-game sharing sensitive information thinking that the small world they know will be the same on the internet. No. The internet is like I said, Brutal. People will say and do things they normally won't in real life. Sorry folks, I'd like the internet, especially games that utilize it to be a nicer, safer place but it isn't. Like I said, if you old timers played other online games, you'd realize how nice Subspace is, even with grandmothers like Gypsi's bringing up race every chance they can or w/e or people cracking jokes about Emph's cancer.

Conclusion. Allowing Pub to become a watered down form of Base to please these softies like Emph who aren't cut for real basing games is undoubtedly what killed this game. Pub is meant to be super casual. If you wanted more than that, you'd go to the respective arena (wbduel, elim, javduel, base) or if you wanted to take it to the max in terms of competition, you'd join a squad and play vs. other squads on a team. I have no sympathy for Pubber's like Rab or Emph whining about how Pub chat is ruined this game, in fact, it's hilarious and insulting at the same time. Cheers.

-Grasps

Comment

• "TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker

Comment

• Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                              ...Oh yeah.. Emph and others who have left because they were called names or were subject to opinions that they didn't like need to get REAL...
                              I 'turned the other cheek' for 2 decades and this proved my tolerance for morons.

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
                              ...Also, word of advice for you geezers out there who still don't understand how brutal the internet is, when it comes to online gaming communities, NEVER SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION unless you are willing and ready for someone to take it and use it against you in the most imaginative fucked up slanderous ways!!! Emph, bless his heart should not of gone on here blabbling about his cancer battle for years if he didn't want to have it be used against him later on by some maggot who wants to upset him...
                              Just so the record is straight...
                              For a couple of years I dealt with some morons saying things like 'hope your cancer kills you'. I certainly expected and understood that some would be jerkoffs. In terms to telling people about my situation, when doctors at 3 different cancer hospitals tell you that you have a 10%-15% chance of living more than 6 months many people tend to want to get your affairs in order including tell people you know 'goodbye'. I suppose some folks might not do this and just go in a corner to die alone, but that is not the way I choose to handle it. When you have faced this kind of life experience, come back and let me now how you handle it.
                              Eph

Comment

• Ephem don't take offense but I believe zero of what is said to me on the internet. Whether it be "I'm a girl" or "I have cancer"... that being said in a contradictory fashion I also believe what people say to me, in other words I compartmentalize it. In this box in my mind it's 100% true, and you have the benefit of the doubt, but when I take it out of the box it's highly probable and possible it's just BS. Either way it doesn't affect me because it has to do with you, and I don't know you beyond being represented by pixel text and some ideas on a screen.

With this in mind, if you have a 10-15% chance to live more than 6 months, why would you waste that time on subspace? It's good someone made you quit, they did you a favor. You should be thanking them on your death bed. I mean sure you have every right to tell friends... in an online game... who live thousands of miles from you? who you likely never met before? let alone heard their voices?... but i never understood the idea of having friends online, even in real life it doesn't appeal to me much. Be your own person, spend time with family, maybe with a real friend, go do some things that make you happy and bring you peace, it clearly isn't subspace.

Comment

Working...
                                X