X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grasps View Post
    even with grandmothers like Gypsi's bringing up race every chance they can

-Grasps
    i flipped out 1 or 2 nights and let the n bomb drop. for this i am banned from playing. you dont know me grasps, deaths, imapoo, whatever aliases you have. all you're doing is witch hunting me making you no different then a common troll.
    Last edited by A fem bot; 10-24-2018, 10:44 PM.
    Fi> where are my freedom letters going?
    Shock Halo> howdy, OMG I want to retire but I'm too broke and not good enough lookin to be a hooker!

warbit> FreeSpirit is truly my spirit animal.

Amnesti> tiger told me u called him lyme disease retard

Comment

• "TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker

Comment

• Trance and Eph are probably the only nice people in this conversation. Says much about TW population right now.
        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
          Ephem don't take offense...
          With this in mind, if you have a 10-15% chance to live more than 6 months, why would you waste that time on subspace? It's good someone made you quit, they did you a favor. You should be thanking them on your death bed. I mean sure you have every right to tell friends... in an online game... who live thousands of miles from you? who you likely never met before? let alone heard their voices?... but i never understood the idea of having friends online, even in real life it doesn't appeal to me much. Be your own person, spend time with family, maybe with a real friend, go do some things that make you happy and bring you peace...
          No offense taken.

This seems to be quite similar to an argument I often heard in-game ("get a life"). This was always a bit puzzling to me since I was playing the game in the sunset of my life and was retired from my career. Perhaps I am wrong but I always thought that after a person retires they should be able to participate in a few leisure things they enjoy. Is it not the younger players (15-55) that should be spending less time online and more time "getting a life"? Also note that I am forced to sit in a dialysis and chemo chair for 20-25 hours per week; not much to do but get online. Playing TW for a few hours was a nice occasional distraction.

I also do not look at relationships as being binary (online vs. IRL); I see no issues with having both. I made many friend in this community after 20 years including relationships that extended into real life. For example I consider Tony Brookus a friend and we communicated beyond this community. I had other TW players who I had IRL relationships with, some of whom I have lost touch with over the years. For me this forum is a bit like an old high school year book or reunion where I may be able to reach some folks I have not heard from in many years.

The replies about long-time players finally quitting the game seems to use tortured logic; is it not obvious that long-time players have dealt with the TW environment for years and years? The fact that they have been willing to deal with the inane and hostile chats for a long period time but are now quitting screams out that something else is at play here.

IMHO, and I could be wrong, is that the percentage of assholes has increased as the general population has shrunk. Perhaps in years past players had more options (i.e. different arenas) and it was easier to find a good place to enjoy the zone. But for whatever reason(s) in my opinion the zone has changed and is no longer something that I am willing to play. I only offered this opinion as potential food for thought, I am not expecting the zone to change. I think it is well on its way to being only a handful of trolling fools who do not play but only sit in chat and discuss whatever Google or CNN has told them.

I moderate the largest hobby forum in the US. We have two simple rules; stay on topic (our hobby) and no personal attacks. There are thousands of other online venues to discuss things like politics and religion, they are thousands of other online venues where drama can be created by flaming each other. Our forum has had a constant growth since 2006 (even when the hobby has declined) and we average 8-10 new members per day. So I know that this moderation approach works, no one's 'rights' are being violated. No one is being forced to log into any of these sites so "free speech" has zero to do with this issue.
          Eph

Comment

• No I'm not saying to get a life. I don't get bothered by how people spend their time, whether they work or don't work, are rich or poor etc. Lots of people seem to care about this though. I'm more just posing a question; that there are hundreds maybe even thousands of better things to do than play subspace (especially given how toxic it currently is)... i don't think anyone can disagree with this. While we waste our times while we all have the prospects of living until old age, the dynamic changes if you only have 6 months to live... certain things become more immediate given those facts, and subspace less immediate lets say.

I am not so much binary as I am slightly against friendships in general, both online and offline. My definition of friendship is different from most people, i place way more value on it, therefore most people don't qualify to be my friend, and this is more true online, as online it's easier to dehumanize others and not see them as real people.

I think percentage of assholes has remained more or less the same, with in fact some genuinely okay people turning assholish as a defense mechanism while others became assholish as some way of distributing online justice (which is dumb). The difference is the population is smaller, and everyone entered trench wars when before they were more spread out among four major zones: TW, EG, DSB, Hockey/Pro league.

Anyway, my position is about targeting extremists, not the moderates.... I've not been against having clearly defined rules and moderating them: ie rules on racism, sexism, etc. I just want to solve the actual causes of some of the problems rather than just blaming trolls and attacking a symptom of it. I also want proportional punishments, and punishments not based on treating people like criminals with a "criminal" past. Each offense is a new offense and treated that way... which leaves ZERO bias.

If someone is racist for example... then they get a 60 minute silence. If they are racist again, we don't look at 100 previous racism offenses and up the silence, we still keep giving them the 60 minute silence. That's it, they aren't treated "special" you are just being objective and enforcing the rule in place that is clearly defined and they know of. If the issue is that there are not enough mods on all the time to keep silencing the guy, then you make the punishment for the offense more steep. A 600 minute silence. Then it becomes a 600 minute silence every time. This way the mod better make damn sure racism happened or they lose their jobs. Likewise you could hire more moderators and keep the silence-able offenses at 2 hours instead of 10.

P.S I'm super against spec whores/afk spec. I do all my trolling while I play. Also, i think i made it clear i don't like smurfing/changing aliases, hiding who i am, or what I call cowards. Which makes it super easy to ?ignore me since I have the same name in game for months if not permanently. This way I give mods zero reasons to moderate me since i'm not even racist. Any mod who lashes out on me is clearly butt hurt and abusing, and then i exposed a bad mod. Which is good for the zone. I basically provide a service.
            Last edited by Falconeer; 10-25-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• or just ban Falco for over 9000 years and then you'll never have to ban him again

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                or just ban Falco for over 9000 years and then you'll never have to ban him again
                allow zone-wide vote
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Mob rule isn't right, makes you no better than the people you want banned. One day you'll ban a skilled hacker and lose the server. If proper moderating is too much work for you guys then make me head moderator, i will teach you how to moderate and I have hours free everyday, turn your troll god into your saviour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                    Mob rule isn't right, makes you no better than the people you want banned. One day you'll ban a skilled hacker and lose the server. If proper moderating is too much work for you guys then make me head moderator, i will teach you how to moderate and I have hours free everyday, turn your troll god into your saviour.
                    allow zone-wide vote
                    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10
                    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• like eph said he moderates one of the largest forums in usa...i moderate a large video website called Snotr...none of the shit allowed in TW is allowed on that community either...they instantly get banned with no option of explaining themselves....

"TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker

Comment

• was that after u got jailed for stealing 50 bucks tho
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                          was that after u got jailed for stealing 50 bucks tho
                          are you "Eric Singh" or "Panda Singh?"

whichever one he is..this guy is messaging me on facebook thats the kind of people we are dealing with here...so pathetic..

"TW and EG staff are both insanely lenient on hate speech, to the point that they're jeopardizing the game's survival" -SpaceHiker
                          Last edited by trancE tunes; 10-27-2018, 03:27 AM.

Comment

• LOL lame tunes and emph are seriously comparing hobby forums to online competitive gaming.. what a bunch of geezers. If you guys are expecting online games to be like those forums you two frequent, no wonder you two have salt pouring out of your assgina's.

Sorry but no, hobby forums are NOT the same, they're not even remotely close to the same as SS. Are you guys having competitions on who can knit the best looking scarf the fastest or something? That would be closer I guess but still..

Get the fuck out of here with referencing shit that has zero relation just to skew a point to make. You guys killed this game by having Pub become competitive yet still being the first thing newcomers enter into which instantly runs people off because it's sensory overload and chalk full of spawning, green text and explosions. Blame yourselves for this games decline, for turning the face of this game into a shit show that only made you fucks happy to play. You guys didn't give a shit about new players or retaining them, if you did, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Forums, especially hobby forums are frequented by folks who want to learn and improve upon their hobby, already right there that changes the demographic from something like this game or CSGO, Killing Floor 2, PUBG and other games that take on people from all races, nationalities, ethnic backgrounds and believes. You dumbfucks are comparing apples to automobiles. Get with the times, it's not 1997 anymore.

-Grasps

Comment

• FreeSpirit has 1488 kills and 1488 deaths lol.

Just pull the plug on this epic fail of a game please.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by trancE tunes View Post
                                ...too little, too late.

The player ephemeral was talking about was pinky<narf>...you dont realize that 99% of players agree theres about 5-10 TOTAL that need to be gone, and over 90% of players would have NO ISSUE LOSING FOR GOOD.

pinky<narf>, tower, manco, warcraft, Lrim, falconeer...there you go. start with them. i promise you 90% of the players could care less if they were gone for good. they would most likely feel that there is a drastic improvement.

but, "i reckon" you unfortunately don't really care either way what happens to this game when it comes down to it. i feel like you are partially to blame for this (especially if you are in charge of this area as it appears to be)..im sorry but thats just the way it feels for me because i see you say the same thing every time someone is essentially saying to start using some common sense and get rid of these people. you (and other staff) won't give it a try, and the game got worse and worse each year. it really is that simple...but you make it seem like this is such a complicated issue it's so frustrating...

idk why im writing this...good luck i guess..
                                Yeah. I just need to be gone.

I'm not allowed to speak my opinion or thoughts without being shouted down and attacked by Ephemeral or TranceTunes, but if I speak up for myself, I'm just being a troll. Right?

It couldn't be possible that Ephemeral was being a total ass towards me and then tried to claim argumentative immunity by saying he has cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X