No announcement yet.

Dimboy <ER>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my friend comes over and wants to play subspace i will sit beside him and call him a newb.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Storm03
      He is a great staffer. Maybe if he used racism it would be a different story but he didn't. Send your complaints to Complaints@TrenchWars.org.(like nailed said) Even if dim talked trash about you.. He shouldn't get in trouble. I've seen allot worse. Trust me.

But he should have a warning .. Like Veh said allot of staff abuse and talk trash. And take being staff for granted. There should be something done about staff calling people names/harrassing players..
      !ce
      The voice of experience and wisdom speaks again. (this quote was a compilation of stuff people had already said on this thread)

Comment

Yes good Dimboy can't see what he did is wrong, but why did RR get axed?

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
          but after being used so much, it loses its "power", you can say, since everyone calls everyone a homo or gay. its like when you say a word so much it loses its meaning.
          this statement is true. that is why i think the TW staff should lighten up on racism and stuff because it probably provokes people more. however, that is neither here nor there. my point here is that regardless of usage, i believe that using 'homo' in a derogatory manner is just as bad as calling someone a 'black' or various other and more racist comments. just because TW is diversified among ethnicities but not sexualities doesn't mean we should allow homophobic remarks but not racist ones. i'm not saying dimboy should be punished though first of all because he wasn't on his staff name and second of all because i seriously doubt anyone was genuinely offended by it but i would just like to point out that 'homo' is just as bad as 'n*gg*r'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Storm03
            He is a great staffer. Maybe if he used racism it would be a different story but he didn't. Send your complaints to Complaints@TrenchWars.org.(like nailed said) Even if dim talked trash about you.. He shouldn't get in trouble. I've seen allot worse. Trust me.

But he should have a warning .. Like Veh said allot of staff abuse and talk trash. And take being staff for granted. There should be something done about staff calling people names/harrassing players..
            !ce
            Originally posted by Awesome
            The voice of experience and wisdom speaks again. (this quote was a compilation of stuff people had already said on this thread)
            Too funny.. Ice Storm you try way too hard sometimes. ^_^ We all know you want staff, too. Since you PM every staff member 30 times a day with 'Hi.' Eheh. Stop compiling other peoples' posts into yours to make it look like you know everything? ^_^

[EDIT]

Rabbit Rapist was axed for admitted use of racism, and also immaturity on staff chat.
            Last edited by Angel; 07-25-2003, 12:53 AM.
            What alcohol does to our SMods:

1:Epinephrine> cpt I thin you've had enough
            1:Epinephrine> ENOGUH
            cheater: (Epinephrine) (#guano): cpt has had enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
            1:Epinephrine> uhoh I ALMOSt zonedetthat
            1:Epinephrine> goodtothink I didng't
            1:Epinephrine> cuas that would be bads
            1:Epinephrine> BADS
            1:Cpt.Guano! <ER>> hahaha epi
            1:Epinephrine> ZONER
            1:Epinephrine> WHEEE

1:Stalfos <ZH>> hey.. we should get drunk epi to squadgrant
            1:Epinephrine> I CANTO TYOE THAT
            1:Epinephrine> OIT IS TOO HARDS
            1:Epinephrine> HARD LIKE MY COCKS FOR ANGLE
            1:Angel <ZH>> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
              this statement is true. that is why i think the TW staff should lighten up on racism and stuff because it probably provokes people more. however, that is neither here nor there. my point here is that regardless of usage, i believe that using 'homo' in a derogatory manner is just as bad as calling someone a 'black' or various other and more racist comments. just because TW is diversified among ethnicities but not sexualities doesn't mean we should allow homophobic remarks but not racist ones. i'm not saying dimboy should be punished though first of all because he wasn't on his staff name and second of all because i seriously doubt anyone was genuinely offended by it but i would just like to point out that 'homo' is just as bad as 'n*gg*r'.
              Agreed.

Racism and hate towards gay people (even if it wasn't meant in that context, still has it's effect) are in the same bucket. All you have to do is think, why do people hate gay people and other ethnic groups. We are afraid of what is different so we lash out with voilence/hate.

The use of the word has become the norm, therfore its hard to place restrictions/punishment on people who would use it. Best idea is to use disgression, esc q works best .

Comment

It's nice all of you shouting racism and bringing this up, if you look carefully I don't see ANY racism.

However, there aren't many gay people in Trench Wars, if there are, I apologise, if there are any gay people in Mambo, I apologise even more, but my guess, there isn't so I don't see a problem.
                EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                cool koen> :)
                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                cool koen> not because of a bug
                EvoLd> Lol
                Treachery> meh
                EvoLd> why then?
                PubAceR> women in power dont last
                EvoLd> LOl
                toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                  i would just like to point out that 'homo' is just as bad as 'n*gg*r'.
                  How so? n***er is just damn right offensive and is illegal.

I doubt calling someone a homo comes under Sexual harrasment.

And homo can have lots of ending and meanings such as Homophobic, which is not offensive AT ALL.
                  PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                  EvoLd> Lol
                  Treachery> meh
                  EvoLd> why then?
                  EvoLd> LOl
                  toaster oven reviews

Comment

My Tiger sense is telling me that Dimboy needs to learn the age old lesson of Stfu.
                    Tigerex

Comment

Originally posted by Angel
                      immaturity on staff chat.
                      oh yeah I remember!!! :x
                      Originally posted by Tyson
                      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                      Originally posted by HeavenSent
                      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                      Originally posted by Izor
                      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel

Too funny.. Ice Storm you try way too hard sometimes. ^_^ We all know you want staff, too. Since you PM every staff member 30 times a day with 'Hi.' Eheh. Stop compiling other peoples' posts into yours to make it look like you know everything? ^_^
                        [/B]
                        ^_^ Angel.. I don't pm every staff member everyday to suck up. Im friends with allot of them like dimboy. Me and him were friends since i started playing. He and I owned a squad together. Im just sticking up for a old friend if he needs it or not. Flame me if you wish but im glad i did it.
                        Thanks

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                        ---
                        5:waven> freeze
                        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                        5:Freeze> LOL
                        5:waven> that's how things work around here
                        --
                        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Making sweeping generalizations about anything only reflects a lack of intelligence and experience. Anyone that has much worldly experience knows why… no one group in the world has a monopoly on the assholes or the ‘good’ people. Therefore, one sure way to be wrong and look stupid is to perpetuate generalizations that are surely wrong by their very nature. It doesn’t matter if you are referring to their color, sexuality, religion, political affiliation, or age.

I also believe that the staff should be held to a higher level of standards. They are supposed to represent the game and, as such, should avoid behavior that will reflect badly upon the TW. (I also feel the same way about squad members. Once you join a squad, your behavior reflects upon a larger group of people and should we should tailor our behavior accordingly.)

Now, all this dribble having been said, what Dim said wasn’t a good thing, but hardly ranks as a federal crime. Dim should simply acknowledge it wasn’t a good thing and try to refrain from similar situations in the future. Saying ‘sorry’ would show that he is a classy and mature guy, saying that he’ll try not to go there again would show that he is also a intelligent guy.

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                            How so? n***er is just damn right offensive and is illegal.

I doubt calling someone a homo comes under Sexual harrasment.

And homo can have lots of ending and meanings such as Homophobic, which is not offensive AT ALL.
                            I have two friends who just received a large settlement with a company who representative had left a phone message on their answering machine.
                            In this message the caller called them "homos". The person was fired and my friends got some fairly big bucks out of it. Please understand, I am not saying that this is a good thing or not, but simple that this is the way it is.

As someone who has a fair amount of people reporting to him, I would not tolerate anyone in my company using language like that, it definitely exposes the company for sexual harassment. Or more precisely, allowing a 'hostile environment' to develop.
                            Again please note, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the laws and whether it’s possible to stop discrimination through legislation. I’m just stating the way things are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                              I have two friends who just received a large settlement with a company who representative had left a phone message on their answering machine.
                              In this message the caller called them "homos". The person was fired and my friends got some fairly big bucks out of it. Please understand, I am not saying that this is a good thing or not, but simple that this is the way it is.

As someone who has a fair amount of people reporting to him, I would not tolerate anyone in my company using language like that, it definitely exposes the company for sexual harassment. Or more precisely, allowing a 'hostile environment' to develop.
                              Again please note, I am not agreeing or disagreeing with the laws and whether it’s possible to stop discrimination through legislation. I’m just stating the way things are.
                              Yeah, okay, I understand, I was wrong, acknowleddged this, and won't happen again.

Your friends were harrased in real life, this was done on the internet, Im not saying its right, but its just another word to put others down that is used everyday whether you are gay or not.
                              PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                              EvoLd> Lol
                              Treachery> meh
                              EvoLd> why then?
                              EvoLd> LOl
                              toaster oven reviews

Comment

He's 13, it's not dimboys fault.

Its the people that assumed he would act differently to this when put on staff....

Staff should not go around talking shit and calling people names, your in a position of responsibility and therefor you should show restraint while playing.

This is a pretty lame thread, the person shuda just made a private complaint and let it take its natural course.

Ice Storm03 - you are one fuking arsehole. I have read some of your ass-licking posts and you really need to get a life dude. No doubt you will eventually get on staff (for all the wrong reasons) and fit right in.

Comment

Working...
                                X