No announcement yet.

Lag, Banning And Cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, i was banned yesterday for making cheater calls to Dark! who is the person who banned eRad for using KaZaa.

I was reporting his abuse

Comment

LOL, i can download like5 mp3 and talk on MSn and ICQ and no lag more than usual in TW, this is nuts.

i ahve also played diablo2 on b.net and had continuum open and used ?lag and it was no higher than usual.

Is my cable company good? Yes, but they are fucking expensive.

EDIT: if you don't want lag, don't use the internet or if you do spend the money and get a good connection, i mean it's not that expensive. I pay for it myself.
      Last edited by Adman; 08-07-2002, 09:21 AM.
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

This is hardly a case of "abuse of powers".

It seems that whenever someone in staff does something you disagree with, it's called abuse. Even when they were right.

Comment

As Troll has nicely pointed out 2 times:

When someone intentionally trys to create lag (of course in hopes to get an advantage) regardless if it worked for them personally, that is cheating.

There is no further discussion needed.
          TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
          TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
          TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Who the hell would want to increase their ping to 250? I have a steady 250 on my 56k and lag is virtually unnoticeable. That's no biggie. I'd say anything above 300 is laggy. Anyway, there's a difference between normally having 250 ms and intentionally stuffing up your bandwidth to increase your ping to 250 ms. A very distinguishable difference.

At any rate, about staff banning for lag cheating: ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME. People have been doing this so much and for so long, as it's always been impossible to detect or differentiate between "laggers" and "lagg0ts". Running a program to intentionally increase your lag = cheating. GREAT GAME! -ABSOLUTELY NO TEXT IN BETWEEN THESE HYPHENS-
            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by 2dragons
              As Troll has nicely pointed out 2 times:

When someone intentionally trys to create lag (of course in hopes to get an advantage) regardless if it worked for them personally, that is cheating.

There is no further discussion needed.
              That was pretty slick heading the argument off before it came to the ridiculous amount of lag allowed in TWLB and how it takes no skill to be a laggy ass jav that can not be killed or rep... yes very slick indeed.
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey

That was pretty slick heading the argument off before it came to the ridiculous amount of lag allowed in TWLB and how it takes no skill to be a laggy ass jav that can not be killed or rep... yes very slick indeed.
                Yes I agree, and I am quite irate. I mean, this forum doesn't have enough "Bitch about the TWL lag" and "Geewhiz but I hate 2dragons" threads. Lets turn this thread into one, too!

Comment

I HATE TWL LAG, AND 2DRAGONS AKA AUSTIN BARTON IS HATED BY ME, GEEWHIZ.

Comment

A

Crap i wish i didnt lag but the best i can ever have is around 300ms, usually runs around 330ms, no cable, no dsl, no nothing but a dish connection and those are just as bad az a phone connection except for download part. And yes iv been thru 3 different providers just to get it 2 300ms. All as i can do is wait for a cableprovider, and who knows how long thatll be.

Witness ps. Dont move to Michigan.

Comment

Re: A

;
                      Originally posted by Witness
                      Crap i wish i didnt lag but the best i can ever have is around 300ms, usually runs around 330ms, no cable, no dsl, no nothing but a dish connection and those are just as bad az a phone connection except for download part. And yes iv been thru 3 different providers just to get it 2 300ms. All as i can do is wait for a cableprovider, and who knows how long thatll be.

Witness ps. Dont move to Michigan.
                      im waiting untill 2003 for the dish :/

Isreal ps. Dont move to kibbuts Dalia
                      Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

GOD HELP ME... I agree with Annux

Comment

Does this forum have a staff anymore? Or do they just not know that Seize is Unownable?

Comment

Originally posted by Unownable
                            GOD HELP ME... I agree with Annux
                            hi Sieze
                            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                            X