Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosting

Hey I have been in Sub arenas where there have been players that have been looking for someone to host it but no one ever wants to host it so I am suggesting that the staff at TW either 1.Hire more <ER>s or other hosting people or 2. Make sure that other people that are able to host do not just play in a sub when there are other players waiting for a host! I am an experienced person when it comes to Hosting and some of the hosts are not really what I would call nice to players. Players have been waiting at least 30 mins. before they can even get someone to say they might host it. I would suggest mostly hiring more people to host since there are not a lot that are on that want to host and I know there are people in the SS world that I am sure would love to help you guys out on this problem!

Please give this some thought!

Thanks
    Owner Lithium
    Admin. SubSpace.tk
    Owner/Admin. lithium.sscentral.com

hmmmmm.

We host private arenas now? O_o?
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

NM i guess i don't understand what u are trying to say.

Comment

I am just saying who ever can host like <ER>s and up (I don't know if <ZH>'s can host or not) need to host more subs instead of having 2 or more in one sub and only one is hosting the other/s are playing (that is fine but it should one be for one or two rounds that is it). If you guys need help with hosting I will be something like what a sub. is to a teacher if someone needs like a vacation they could let me know and I would fill in for them (if you like that idea let me know if not let me know any way!)

Thanks for your time I know this is worth some other players time!
        Owner Lithium
        Admin. SubSpace.tk

Comment

The reason there are usually more than 1 host to a subarena is the *zone msg thing through Robo Ref, they're is a 10 minute wait.

Comment

ya, i don't think u understand how we operate. aside from the fact that we actually like to play this game once in a while, as ady said, the zone ads we use operate through robo ref. robo only lets us zone once every 10 minutes, and thus, we can only have a hosted game starting once every 10 minutes (under normal circumstances). now from time to time an smod+ will zone our ad for us, but since there are quotas and statistics are kept for who hosts how many games (and since smod zone'd ads don't count for us) we tend to just wait the 10 minutes and then host.

more er's would just cause a bottleneck
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I know what you mean guys I am just trying to point out that there have been people complaining to me about it. Like I said before I would like to be some what like a sub to a teacher that if anyone needs time off they could tell me and I would fill in for them as their position so they could have kinda like a Vacation.

If that sounds good and the owners agree that they want someone like that then let me know!
              Owner Lithium
              Admin. SubSpace.tk

Comment

Why are they complaining to you? I seriously doubt that is occuring, You just think there should be more staff becuase of these said compaints and that *coincidentally* You are available for hire.
                Yea- Trust me buddy, there is plenty of staff laying around, I doubt they need much more and I doubt they would hire you anyways. But hey, miracles do happen.
                <ER>'s Don't need subs for vacations, if they're going to be gone they'll leave staff or go inactive, in any case they'll just promote a <ZH>.
                Also, don't think that just because staff doesn't host laserelim everytime you bark at them means that there needs to be more staff.
                sage

Comment

trivia bot is screwing it all up, today there were two messages on after the other in rapid successsion that said Trivia is starting ?go trivia
                  and i think matoriandid ?go hockey at the excact same time, needless to say i went to hockey but answered questions while i goalied from ?chat= trivia. im a good problem solver
                  Originally posted by Yoshiba
                  i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

dunno if u mean that the trivia ads are stealing from other events but they aren't. since only smods+ can start up trivia, they just *zone for it
                    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                    Philos> there is something about you
                    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

lol Yoshiba.
                      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshiba
                        needless to say i went to hockey but answered questions while i goalied from ?chat= trivia. im a good problem solver
                        Oh wow, do u want a diploma? I bet alot of people thought of that you floon, thats basiclaly what ?chat=trivia was made for.

Comment

Agree and Disagree

I agree: games need to be hosted more

But I really disagree:Just because they have an <ER> or <ZH> means they hardly get to play. I mean, who would like to get flooded with pms all the time asking for hosting? They still should be able to play!

Really, I would like being a mod. Not having to play would be a plus for me!
                          Last edited by Pandagirl!; 08-28-2002, 07:59 PM.
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                          1:Chao <ER>> at all
                          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Top_Gun, you will not become a substitue host.

Players are hand picked by higher staff members and become Zone Helpers, in which their duty is to answer help calls. I believe there is a minimum number of help calls they are to answer per month to continue their career on TW Staff. They are taught to host basic events like racing and turretwarz to train to become an Event Referee.

After they have shown they are active, interested, and skilled enough, they may be promoted to ER. Their job is to host events. I believe there is also a quota to the minimum number of events they host per month.

It is rare for a person to be invited to staff, and when they are, it takes many months to gain hosting powers.

As Richard said if a staff member becomes inactive, the most qualified Zone Helper will be promoted to take his place, and a new player will be found to become a Zone Helper.

This may not be 100% correct, but its a basic explanation for you to know how this zone's staff ladder works.
                            Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

is there no 'safe' way to give a normal player MOD powers in a privet arena, squad arena or something like that?
                              Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

Working...
                              X