Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disable blueout? Blueout only for spectators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we'd like either cap to be able to turn blueout on, how should it work?

Assuming it's something like this:

- Game starts with blueout off.
    - Cap from squad A turns on blueout.
    - Cap from squad B can not turn off blueout. Only Cap A can turn off blueout at this point.

Basically, both squads have a flag for blueout being enabled or disabled, and if either flag is up, then blueout's on.

Does everyone mostly agree this is the way it should be?
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Don't over-complicate it, pick either:
      - What it currently does
      - What it did before

Comment

What it did before was not allow anyone to turn off blueout, even when both caps agreed to turn it off. The code was broken for more than 15 years.

I don't think it's very complicated to say: if one cap wants blueout on, it's on. This is the behavior shown in other zones. I'm guessing you're painting it as complicated because you'd prefer blueout to be always on.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

Nah just trying to help.

My personal preference is blueout off and trolls banned :P

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
            What it did before was not allow anyone to turn off blueout, even when both caps agreed to turn it off. The code was broken for more than 15 years.

I don't think it's very complicated to say: if one cap wants blueout on, it's on. This is the behavior shown in other zones. I'm guessing you're painting it as complicated because you'd prefer blueout to be always on.
            This seems like a good middle ground.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
              If we'd like either cap to be able to turn blueout on, how should it work?

Assuming it's something like this:

- Game starts with blueout off.
              - Cap from squad A turns on blueout.
              - Cap from squad B can not turn off blueout. Only Cap A can turn off blueout at this point.

Basically, both squads have a flag for blueout being enabled or disabled, and if either flag is up, then blueout's on.

Does everyone mostly agree this is the way it should be?
              Exactly this
              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I'll put this in if everyone agrees this is how it should work.

Comment

FWIW this has been really successful from the games I've played in. Yes, there was a spike of trash talking from some usual suspects, but by and large it really helps ease the tension. There's always ?nopubchat if you think you might get triggered and it'll give you your safe space back.

Thanks to Qan for being so receptive to make changes.

Comment

Blueout changes are in. One cap can now enable it if things get out of hand.

Comment

It's fine the way it is, trash talk is part of sports IRL. Most active players are assistant anyways, if there really is a problem just toggle it with the bot. TWD should be more relaxed, leave chat silent for TWL. You millennials need tougher skin....
                      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                      (10 seconds later)
                      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Please perma mute Beam, thx hahah.. guy so toxic..

Def I agree with nipple. TWL shud have blue-out mandatory. I don't mind TWD banter.
                        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                        X