TWD Season Reset Scheduled: Dec 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Season Reset Scheduled: Dec 1

There will be a long-overdue reset of TWD coming December 1.

Current plans: run seasons in regular intervals again, and reset at precise times. Seasons will likely be 3 months long: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.

Recognition: worthwhile? Often squads are broken up and coincide with DT. But if it was seen as meaningful, could recognize top squad or squads in each division (+caps?), perhaps via map immortality.

Feedback appreciated. I've got very little time right now, so apologies for the neglect and the short message.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

what about elim?
    2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Just replied back to an older message about this, my apologies for not finding this thread sooner Qan.

I really appreciate where you are heading with this and support this idea. My only concern is it may be a lot of extra work for you that doesn't pay off. I'm not sure people even care about TWD these days truthfully. Maybe if at the end of a Season there was some kind of recognition of best players/squads to make it worthwhile? Or maybe we can use Seasons as pre-requisites for TWL qualifying or something. Other much smarter folks should brainstorm this possibility other than myself lol

If nothing else, just having ladders reset 1-2 times a year would be really welcomed but like I said, the idea of Seasons is quite interesting if we can just find a simple way to make them worthwhile, similar to how people made Elim seasons worthwhile. Big thanks!!! for looking into ways to bolster TWD Qan. Really appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Cheers!

Comment

Season has begun.

Yes, agreed, ixa -- it's more a proving ground than anything. However, if we can brainstorm a reasonable form of recognition that is subtle enough to not feel condescending but worthwhile enough to feel meaningful, we can go with that. As it stands I put the last season's highest rated squads in the entrance messages. Could look at a place on the map graphic. Not sure if people would compete for that, though, and it seems a bit much for TWD 2019.
        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

I think it would be interesting to have something like past seasons in your personal stats area. You could see how you are improving (or not) over the course of several seasons.

Think like sports cards.
          Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
          (10 seconds later)
          rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
          P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

There is no way to make TWD useful at this point in time IMO. We are not qualifying for TWL, and it would be hard to do anything worth while without restrictions on TWD rosters as people today are just joining the most active team with the least amount of idiots. Not to mention, we are borrowing everyone and anyone. Rewarding this would not be beneficial in any way. TWD has become a step above javduel/wbduel/go base. I've always wanted to make twd/twdt go together, just like TWL and twd did when it was going. TWDT is the main league atm, and I've always thought practicing with your TWDT is beneficial to everyone including the newer players breaking into TW / leagues in general. I mean, it's not being used for anything else....
            1:waven> u challenge
            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Can we start by having minimum roster caps of at least 4 or 5 players on any given squad? Its silly Kong gets to borrow all these players while squads like Paladen use our own rosters every game and are penalized for it because they just borrow people top players who happen to check in arena when borrow goes out. IMO Kong shouldn't even be allowed to rank unless they get a real roster and use it consistently. . The borrow system is out of control and the ladder is already meaningless after the reset because it represents nothing concerning the true caliber of any given squad due to this borrow stuff.

I get why we have borrows but it has gotten ridiculous.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Suppose borrows could be limited.. and we do have to !approve the borrows too so there is a mechanism against this. Takes 2 to tango anyway, as it were.

Comment

Working...
                X