REPLAY BOT LIKE HOCKEY ZONE HAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPLAY BOT LIKE HOCKEY ZONE HAD

Remember the replay bot for goals in Hockey Zone? They still use that? Any way to implement that into league type TWD games? All 50 kills would be amazing sauce but would that be possible? Even a few replay kills could really be very entertaining after a hard fought match between rounds. Would this be possible? Anyone know about the Hockey Zone replay bot and what it entails? I can't help but think replays would be a VERY nice addition to matches.. especially league ones. Wud be epic.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Replays are huge, indeed. But a bit tricky to do with our current server software. ASSS allows you to work at the server level. What we have forces the bot to switch who it's spectating in order to catch everything. Could potentially have one bot spectate each player... though it'd be a bit of a mess sorting out the packets. Interesting project idea though. Would have to be something someone was very passionate about doing, as it's definitely time-consuming.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Thanks for replying Qan. I just remember old hockey zone had it happen after every game. The game would end, everyone would be specced and suddenly a replay of each goal would chime off with each one being about 3 seconds long. I just wondered if any players had seen it and were familiar with the bot and coding. Would definitely be a start. It would be huge lol .. Its so enjoyable to see after a game ends. Again this is something that has already been made and was floating around many years ago.. wonder if anyone in HZ has the details on what it was and how it worked. I don't think they use it anymore but could be wrong. It WAS a real thing though and if we could get something like that here it would be epic.

Do any old hockey zone players know the details to how it worked? I don't remember separate bots for each player. Focused on each goal so maybe was set on coordinates. I have no clue but it was quite entertaining and good for the overall experience.
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Instead of bot watching every player, in BD could it not just watch the 2 players furthest from each other? Something like the F4 feature in spec. Or in DD/JD watch 2 players on each team with most kills or something.
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Hz still uses replays like this; I don't know the details of how it works. It records the whole arena (all players and the ball). Not many of the players realise, but the entirety of each league game is actually recorded and stored, not just the small clips shown after a game.

Comment

just convert trenchwars to asss

ive heard that its a simple matter that shouldnt take long at all and that we have all the permissions we need to do it

8)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              just convert trenchwars to asss

ive heard that its a simple matter that shouldnt take long at all and that we have all the permissions we need to do it

8)
              We do have all the permissions needed to do it at this point. But we'd need to test all bot functions with ASSS, as some of the bots rely on certain server messages returned which are not the same in AS3 vs subgame2. There are also other particulars of the server implementations that might get in the way. Still, it's worth exploring. JabJabJab is actually taking a look into this at the moment.
              "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
              -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Working...
              X