Two Improvements to TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Improvements to TWD

TWBD is very active. By virtue of some people typing faster than others, or bc a nerd like renzi who has !accept [squadname] assigned to five diff macros, ull sometimes see the same 2 squads play 3 games in a row or whatev when there are obviously other squads waiting to play and simply not quick enuff. This could be mitigated. in the equivalent in HZ, "scrim", there is a ?queue. TWBD could implement a similar function: if a certain squad wants to play they could queue up and the bot would give them priority by immediately sending the challenge to all squads and waiting 10-15 sec before any other squad could challenge. The challenge would go first to the winner of the previous BD, who would in turn have a 10-15 sec window to accept before allowing any other squad to accept.

Yes, there is more than one BD arena, but more often than not they remain unutilized and u have 20 ppl in spec waiting to play BD on top of the 16 people already in the game. Plus, the winner-stays-loser-specs format promotes a competitive spirit that is often lacking in twbd. More, there is a certain current of energy that builds when you have 40-50 people in the same arena as opposed to split between two - its good for the community. it promotes activity, even if only slightly.

This seems like a simple implementation and isnt going to cause any noticeable problems, you'd still have BD running like normal unless a squad queues up, and even then its hardly any different given how small the window of time would be to react.

SECOND THING REMOVE BLUEOUT FROM TWD WE ARENT TODDLERS ANYMORE

The Mind of the Father
    Riding on the subtle guiders
    Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
    Of relentless Fire

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
    SECOND THING REMOVE BLUEOUT FROM TWD WE ARENT TODDLERS ANYMORE
    *looks at chat*
    you are wrong

Comment

it wont let me edit 4 some reason and the way that was worded will prob confuse people with poor reading comprehension.
      to reiterate clearly:

- If there is already a game going in TWBD, a challenger squad wanting to play next could queue !Next to bot
      - Current game ends, bot sends challenge from squad next in queue to the winner of previous game - they have 15 sec to accept.
      - If Winner doesn't accept, bot sends challenge to all TWBD squads

this feature would not have to be used to get a game, its entirely optional

The Mind of the Father
      Of relentless Fire

Comment

I like both ideas! Since I haven’t played in forever I may be missing some negative aspect though and my opinion doesn’t hold much weight. Seems that anything to promote activity and allow more people the chance to play the better though in a game this old.

No blueout was nice as well, it allows the crowd to be involved, people get tilted, etc. I know this isn’t a sport but it’s like an NBA game where the crowd has no mouth. I can’t remember, do both teams have to accept the blueout or nay?

Hope the day is going well.

Comment

I like both ideas too. The amount of salt that would get thrown around without blueout would make ?go twbd a spectator sport in-and-of-itself.

(Jack, It's just insta-blueout now, you don't even get the option.)
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Just remove blue out then if either team requests it turn it on at any point mid game

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Oh wait yeah, twd. Just turn that shit off. In twdt make sure both teams agree

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

+1 for allowing pub chat during TWD. Have option for either team to !bo and turn chat off if needed.
                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                (10 seconds later)
                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Yep let's axe blueout from TWD. I think Nipple Nibbler has the right idea. Let both teams turn it on if they prefer but make blueout off by default. Sometimes games will warrant it depending on the mood of things
                  Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

Right now it's on by default and caps should be able to use !blueout to disable.

Seems like a relative consensus is: off by default and keep on the option to enable it?

As for the first feature, would need community support.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

off by default is what is meant by my initial proposal. conversation, ie. community, should be encouraged

The Mind of the Father
                      Of relentless Fire

Comment

Let's give it a shot and see if it causes any issues.
                        "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                        -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Off by default is the way to go! There's 30 people watching BD's daily so why not let them participate a little. If things get out of hand just turn blueout on. I want to be able to yell at Henry Saari (Za!Dink) for camping even when he's not on my team.
                          3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

I've been asking this for years! All I've ever wanted was to talk shit while in spec, distracting people I dislike so they potentially lose the game. +1000 Just turn it off and leave it off.

Comment

sweet! im imagining you made it such that any captains can voluntarily enforce blueout at any point during a game?

The Mind of the Father
                              Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                              X