No announcement yet.

New Game Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrap indicators, and repels remaining. Removed the gray dots when repels are used as they didn't add anything.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Y3zbHd5.png Views:	0 Size:	9.6 KB ID:	1346647

Top 1-5 highest deaths on enemy team. Names would be capped at a length of 9. The gray names are unfortunately not possible, and not necessary, as there aren't enough image slots left for the arena

Click image for larger version  Name:	a4lbzUa.png Views:	0 Size:	5.5 KB ID:	1346648

Comment

If we can only have the 3 highest deaths on enemy team instead of showing all 5 it's still a big help in DD/JD.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

No dots, hang it off the bomb icon on the left. I think dots are helping a little too much.

Edit: But please do include it. And also thank you very much for making these updates.

Edit 2: Did I just read "and repels remaining" with the dots??? No way. That is game-changing territory. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

It's way out of the way to see how much shrap you have by the tiny icon on the left. Does everyone see the dots or just the ship it effects? If everyone sees the dots then yes this would move to game changing territory with shrap or repels and should probably be voted on before implemented.

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

All the graphics underneath your ship are just underneath YOUR ship and are not visible to anybody else. This is because there's no way to display graphics relative to ships other than your own. There is the option to display the repels remaining of your team/all sharks in the bottom right, but that will indeed not be implemented until voted for.

Comment

Stuff under your ship should depend on the optional graphics preference coz many ppl won't want it.

Comment

The graphic underneath your ship wouldn't be controlled with the optional check in settings as the LVZ files are also used for other parts of the display. Instead it would be controlled with a command similar to !showkd. And by default it would be off.

Comment

Wish there was a way to continuously show your own energy, or an indicator when you can shoot (WB), e.g. Red/green

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                    Wish there was a way to continuously show your own energy, or an indicator when you can shoot (WB), e.g. Red/green
                    You could offset engyfont.bmp (which normally appears in the top right) with empty black pixels by a certain amount to align with where you wanted the numbers to appear based on your resolution. (Black is transparent in SS graphics.)

You could also change the font, as I think any dimensions are accepted; it'd just divide by 10 to get the X dimension of each frame. Probably a 30 minute project if you wanted to see if it would be useful.

Can't think of any good way to do the color change without some kind of third party program.
                    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Not sure if something's being worked on or has been changed, but the K/D overlays didn't appear for me yesterday in the 2 BDs and 1 DD I took part in. The other parts were showing, e.g. the dots at the top and the team names and total kills etc.

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                        You could offset engyfont.bmp (which normally appears in the top right) with empty black pixels by a certain amount to align with where you wanted the numbers to appear based on your resolution. (Black is transparent in SS graphics.)

You could also change the font, as I think any dimensions are accepted; it'd just divide by 10 to get the X dimension of each frame. Probably a 30 minute project if you wanted to see if it would be useful.

Can't think of any good way to do the color change without some kind of third party program.
                        Thanks Qan, might take a look at this!

Comment

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                          Not sure if something's being worked on or has been changed, but the K/D overlays didn't appear for me yesterday in the 2 BDs and 1 DD I took part in. The other parts were showing, e.g. the dots at the top and the team names and total kills etc.
                          Yea mine above radar disappeared too.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

That's my bad. I added overlay preference saving for each ship. So you don't have to set it to how you like it every single game, but it needs to add you first. For now you can use !showkd to force it to save. Will have it done automatically by tomorrow. Additional options for stats in the bottom right corner are following.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                              It's way out of the way to see how much shrap you have by the tiny icon on the left. Does everyone see the dots or just the ship it effects? If everyone sees the dots then yes this would move to game changing territory with shrap or repels and should probably be voted on before implemented.
                              OK but isn't it worth considering that having to look way out of the way for the amount of repels you have could be thought of as part of the game and gameplay itself.

I know I've spammed my rep key picking up greens in a cram because by the time I see if I get it I'll be dead. It would affect things.

Shrap on the other hand I'm kind of agnostic on. I think there should be a 3/5 added to the display bar on the left but I don't think it should go under your ship. But that's only because you can technically turn that bar into an ugly display and it tell you how many shrap you have so it's kind of already built into the game for exploiting.

I think that if gameplay is going to be made easier, which with any of these changes it would be for sharks, it should be voted on.

P.S. Remember the days when everyone hated levis and upper staff refused for years to change them because that was Priitk's vision or whatever?
                              (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                                That's my bad. I added overlay preference saving for each ship. So you don't have to set it to how you like it every single game, but it needs to add you first. For now you can use !showkd to force it to save. Will have it done automatically by tomorrow. Additional options for stats in the bottom right corner are following.
                                Wait guys, now we're making changes that only forum readers are going to be aware to turn on?

Why am I the only naysayer in this thread?
                                (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                                X