No announcement yet.

New Game Overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle You should'nt have to look anywhere to know how many repels you have, you should be able to keep track in your head as you use them. Also for greened repels, you see the greens you pick up near the middle of the screen.

Shrap on the other hand unless you look you will have no clue what you have until you mine/bomb, and the icons on the left side of the screen are way out of the way, personally I would rather be watching the screen to help my team properly instead of staring away from the action.
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Another solution to the shrap problem is to make the number always the same. I don't understand why it varies or if anyone even likes it working that way. I find shrap very annoying in general because it moves very quickly and repping it is unpredictable. Make it always 3?

Comment

Rab Sharks live for shrap, it's their opportunity to do something. Taking 3/5 away will make shark even less popular.

Nipple Nibbler Says who? Because for the past ... 20 years you've had to do all the things you've described as "shouldn't having to do." And you're telling me when you're pushing down out of cram picking up greens you're not spamming your rep key? You're waiting to read that you picked up the repel before you try to rep? I call shenanigans. I'm not talking about counting to three, although some of our sharks could use that lesson (and then they could work on counting to 5).

All of your suggestions will make it easier to shark, I don't disagree with you at all. But you're making pretty major changes to the shark UI that will effect gameplay and you're keeping the majority of the zone in the dark about it. To say otherwise is either naive or willfully ignorant.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Nipple Nibbler Says who? Because for the past ... 20 years you've had to do all the things you've described as "shouldn't having to do." And you're telling me when you're pushing down out of cram picking up greens you're not spamming your rep key? You're waiting to read that you picked up the repel before you try to rep? I call shenanigans. I'm not talking about counting to three, although some of our sharks could use that lesson (and then they could work on counting to 5).

All of your suggestions will make it easier to shark, I don't disagree with you at all. But you're making pretty major changes to the shark UI that will effect gameplay and you're keeping the majority of the zone in the dark about it. To say otherwise is either naive or willfully ignorant.
          Yes if I am out of reps I spam the rep key if not then I read the green, no point in fast repping on the chance you may get another. I don't disagree with anything else you said in this post. We could certainly use more Sharks and Terriers and I think having the shrap number in a location that is actually easy to see might lesson the learning curve a tiny bit. The game was made for like 640x480 resolution or some crap, the icons on the left are tiny now, at the very least we should increase their size...hmm I wonder if I can mod that....

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
            the icons on the left are tiny now, at the very least we should increase their size...hmm I wonder if I can mod that....
            Yep, can just scale them. After scaling if you don't like the pixelated approach, you can do some image processing over the top which smooths irregularities.
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
            -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

All the .bm2's are just x by y repeated however many times. It's super easy to change any of them. Just maintain dimensions and you're good.
              (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Changing the old interface, and doing it without changing the original style, is a lot harder than you all make it out to be. Since the top left spot is fixed, you need to do some scaling and repositioning of the graphics. Sure, if you don't mind it looking a bit scuffed, you can just scale and be done with it.

For example, when scaling the interface 2x without any repositioning after.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ByGGNcA.png
Views:	151
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	1346733

Comment

Hmm, seems you can't even reposition the numbers because it doesn't turn pure black transparent

Click image for larger version  Name:	LZUL79X.png Views:	0 Size:	1.6 KB ID:	1346735

After some tweaking

Click image for larger version

Name:	juKW8CI.png
Views:	136
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	1346736Click image for larger version

Name:	icondoor.png
Views:	202
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	1346737Click image for larger version

Name:	icons.png
Views:	201
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1346738
                  Last edited by BIET; 08-01-2020, 11:15 AM.

Comment

After your tweaking I think looks good BIET. I swear I remember having a .bm2 that fixed this but since there's only one shrap indicator graphic for the display bar I can't think of how it would of done it.

I can get behind having reps under the ship and shraps on the left if everyone votes. I'm not trying to shit on your hard work, it all looks great, it's just not as minor a change as some might think.
                    (Overstrand)>no

Comment

can tks be removed from your score pls

Comment

Hm, I haven't changed anything to the way kills are handled. Will remove those from the kill count.

EDIT: After checking the code, TKs aren't included in your kill count, but are included in your death count. Where do you want them removed from exactly?
                        Last edited by BIET; 08-05-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I think in the F2 menu it still includes tks, I make a HUGE assumption that is hardcoded? In scoreboxes and websites it is counted correctly. Maybe he means the K-D counter above radar?

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Yea, no options to remove them from F2. The confusion of tks being seemingly included in the score above radar is caused by a bug that sometimes shows an additional digit over the last number of the kill count. For example, a 6 and a 2 would be shown on top of eachother, making it look like an 8. It's proven to be a very annoying bug to catch. Screenshots of it happening would be very much appreciated.

Comment

Starting yesterday, had a little floating 'A' to the up and left of where the KD would go. The showkd was turned off when I entered arena but this little A was there. Then I typed showkd, which brought up the numbers correctly, but the little A was still there.

If I see it again I'll screenshot it.

Comment

Right lower screen K feature is frequently inaccurate in terrier in the TWBD arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X