ELO Rating system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric is God
    Formula seems sorta simple . . . you should add in standard deviations for squad performace, and correlation coefficients between certain players or squads. Of course then you run into the problem of heteroscedasticy and some multi-collinearity but as long as you could change the formula to a log-form and put in a couple proxy variables it should be fine.

All of the preceding were actual words

Honestly though, looks nice. If Blizzard uses it, it must be good.
    This is why Eric is forced to have sex with obese, ugly women he meets on the internet.
    The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
    -Dys

Comment

Mayo, its actualy Econometrics which is a more applicable form of stats and somewhat more difficult.

Dystrophy, ur a punk kid. Please stop wasting ppl's time commenting on things you know nothing about, it only makes you look childish and pathetic . I hardly see how being proud of my university program warrents ridicule (unless i was in english, philosophy or other artsie stuff) .
      Last edited by Eric is God; 10-05-2002, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
        I hardly see how being proud of my university program warrents ridicule
        That was a joke right? =)
        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Umm if u found it funny it was a joke . I didnt mean for it to be though. I misspelt "warrant" - that which gives authority for some course of action. I just meant that being proud of my program (honours economics, go me!) shouldnt give some1 the right to insult me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dystrophy

This is why Eric is forced to have sex with obese, ugly women he meets on the internet.
            The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
            -Dys

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
              Wow, lots of subspace guys play Utopia. Great game
              Utopia stinks, give me back age 3 elites and boats!
              "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

As for the ladder system, what overstrand posted is just great..., only it has to be based on number of games ....
                "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

I think a tournament is better. What the hell is the division name for.... GOD what a retarded name. It should be TW Special Olypics $$
                  -Dys

Comment

what about you get 1 point if you win a game and 0 if you loose?

just a thought.
                    Originally posted by Tyson
                    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                    Originally posted by HeavenSent
                    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                    Originally posted by Izor
                    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
                      what about you get 1 point if you win a game and 0 if you loose?

just a thought.
                      what about no.

Comment

Originally posted by Dystrophy
                        I think a tournament is better. What the hell is the division name for.... GOD what a retarded name. It should be TW Special Olypics $$

TWSO!

Sir Gaunt versus himself...for 52 weeks

Comment

and King Baba
                          -Dys

Comment

mant, that doesn't work becasue thent he winner is the squad that plays the most games, not the one that plays the best.
                            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I thought we all agreed on ...

TWD (Trench Wars Divisions) it stands, it was already voted on.

As for the scoring goes it stands.
                              Last edited by Overstrand; 10-20-2002, 03:13 PM.

Comment

? When was this voting you speak of?
                                I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Working...
                                X