!cancel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !cancel

DUnno if this Thread passed by already, but THE !CANCEL FUNCTION really... REALLY needs to get removed.

Now we're having squads challenging us for dd/jd/bd's (whatever) and the sk8 posse comes up to rumble, accepts.. and the other beetsches just !cancel the game.. and HAVE A FREAKING LAUGH!... FUNNYYYYYYY

Yawnn.. anyways.. I would love to do this the whole day, and pick on ciggy's squad or something.. but I think this cancel thing is kinda biashed. Or am I the only one here??

Pred
    Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
    Originally posted by Cig Smoke
    Pred > JRA > the rest of u

wasnt !cancel starting idea supposed to be for both caps as an agreement to not wait all 5 mins to game get void ?

ex:
    cap1> !cancel
    bot> cap1 wants to cancel the game, type !cancel to cancel it
    cap2> !cancel
    bot> match is void.

:up:
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

yes this needs alot of work, my old squad Distinct also liked to fuck with that function, very lame :down:
      Code:
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
      1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
      1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
      1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
      1:lnx> kk
      1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by DOTSY
        yes this needs alot of work, my old squad Distinct also liked to fuck with that function, very lame :down:
        Lol it was Rund that tricked us all the time with it.. and right now.. it's not up to the both captains to do !cancel... If you challenge a squad THEY ALL COME RUNNING IN.. and you type !cancel to the bot before those first 30 seconds are over.. The match is cancellded. .. and you pulled 1 heck of a prank $$$ .. bleh

Pred
        Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
        Originally posted by Cig Smoke
        Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

Very f*cking annoying indeed, that command needs to be changed the way pred said it.. :up:
          Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
          24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
          1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Heh, either make it so both caps agree on the !cancel and let it be used during the whole 5 minutes for the setup, or just take it out alotogether.

Comment

Remove it
              1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
              1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
              1: cundor> dude
              1: cundor> i already told my parents
              1: Desperate> LOL
              1: Cremation> HAHA
              1: bram> :)
              1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Rund seemed like a nice guy, but that is just anoying... and childish
                Code:
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                1:lnx> kk
                1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

I like this function, I don't think it should be removed. Only squad I've had do this is Distinct. The reason I like this function is its nice to be able to challenge people in different arena's when you come to a squad that wants a sd. You don't have to worry about placing all the challenges in one arena, and you can even go from jd/bd/dd and just challenge everywhere. This way when the game you want comes along you can go ahead and start it without having to worry 'oh someone's gonna accept that other match though'. This allows you to go and cancel that match if someone does decide to show up.

I know it may get abused but in the end its well worth it I think. The only suggestion I can give you pred is only have the captain or a-captain go to the arena and accept. Once the timer has run out it will say 5 minutes to add your lineup. Then tell your squadies, alright looks like this match is a go. That way you don't have people quitting whatever their doing (base,elim,baseelim) just to come to the match and get dissapointed.

Comment

!

$$$
                    :d
                    1:anImoL> 1:Tigerex> rofl (^=.=^) (^=.=) (^=.) (^=) (^) (^ ^) (^) (=^) (.=^) (=.=^) (^=.=^) SPIN KITTY
                    1:Mega Newbie> ROFL 8=D 8==D 8===D 8====D 8=====D PINTO EM ERECAO

Comment

i disagree, i think the !cancel function is great. If someone is dumb enough to abuse it, play someone else. You can only cancel in the first 30 seconds anyways, and alot of times you find people AFK or someone is missing, you have to go to class...whatever.

Yes, people SHOULD verify that they have enough and whatnot, but the fact is alot of people don't and everyone forgets every once in a awhile, as well as unforseen real life events can suddenly leave you shorthanded before a match.

Cut your losses within 30 seconds and be done with it. A few bad apples using this feature and wasting 30 seconds of your time certainly doesn't outweigh the mistake of having to wait around for 10 minutes to claim an empty victory.

It would have also also useful for cancelling when you're starting a BD and you realize the opposing team only has 5 players, although I think the new feature (where you can specify the number of players for the match) is (or will be?) implemented soon.

This isn't a theory vs. practice flaw IMO, the benefits do outweigh the drawbacks.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

doh, I saw Animol respond to this post...think he is reading this right now, but it was a trick, he didn't say a single word :?
                        -L3

Comment

Originally posted by code
                          You don't have to worry about placing all the challenges in one arena, and you can even go from jd/bd/dd and just challenge everywhere.
                          Exactly what I was going to say.
                          last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

The cancel function is great...blah, blah, blah....

No one said the cancel function wasn't. Two captains have to start the game, two captains should be required to cancel it. Preferrably with some green messagages like: NEwCapt from squad AFFKKS would like to cancel this match. Message !cancel to end the match.

This is a convenience feature. You should make sure you have enough before you accept. But if something happens and both squads agree to cancel, this makes it nice and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by code
                              I like this function, I don't think it should be removed. Only squad I've had do this is Distinct. The reason I like this function is its nice to be able to challenge people in different arena's when you come to a squad that wants a sd. You don't have to worry about placing all the challenges in one arena, and you can even go from jd/bd/dd and just challenge everywhere. This way when the game you want comes along you can go ahead and start it without having to worry 'oh someone's gonna accept that other match though'. This allows you to go and cancel that match if someone does decide to show up.

I know it may get abused but in the end its well worth it I think. The only suggestion I can give you pred is only have the captain or a-captain go to the arena and accept. Once the timer has run out it will say 5 minutes to add your lineup. Then tell your squadies, alright looks like this match is a go. That way you don't have people quitting whatever their doing (base,elim,baseelim) just to come to the match and get dissapointed.
                              That's a point I haven't thought of. :up:
                              1: cundor> let's do a disoblige .?go base
                              1: Cremation> cundor desperately trying to tell the world hes a diso
                              1: cundor> dude
                              1: cundor> i already told my parents
                              1: Desperate> LOL
                              1: Cremation> HAHA
                              1: bram> :)
                              1: Da1andonly> LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X