Showing Graphs for a Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing Graphs for a Round

Would it be possible to show graphs like they do for basketball? Basically, you just have to record when a team gets a kill. Then you can see the flow of the game.

Do you really play pokemon
    Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKid
      Would it be possible to show graphs like they do for basketball? Basically, you just have to record when a team gets a kill. Then you can see the flow of the game.
      I think that sounds kinda cool. Just need to get the bots to show which team got a kill at what time and plot it maybe as time on the x axis and kills on the y axis with 2 diff colored curves. I wonder if the bot records this type of info already (time of kill).

Comment

That's actually a pretty decent idea in my opinion.

Comment

You could see the big comebacks. I don't know how feasible this is or how much work it would require, but it would definetly allow people to see the flow of the game, which would be cool.
          True quote from forums:
          Originally posted by Erathia
          and I agree with Abatis.
          True quote from ?go base:
          Spamon Xa> Abatis isn't bad

Comment

Is it worth the effort? Sounds good to me but I'm not the one coding
            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

old idea, would've done it but it just isn't possible, considering there would be over 50 lines entered to database PER ROUND.. don't even want to count how much would that be in a month. db couldn't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnZu
                old idea, would've done it but it just isn't possible, considering there would be over 50 lines entered to database PER ROUND.. don't even want to count how much would that be in a month. db couldn't handle it.
                Then just make the bot announce in "green text" to the public who killed who (with freq next to name) and the time (Prem's bots do this). You don't have to record it into the db ... someone can just log the match, see when the kills were and plot it themselves. I think there would be ppl willing to do this, since it's a pretty cool idea and a good summary of what happened during the match.

Perhaps don't do it for TWD but I think that it's simple enough to do it for TWL (and not hafta put it into any database .... just announce the kills and time of kill to the arena).

Comment

What if it was done by team kill counts every 5ish minutes
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Wow we should add this to basing!
                    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                    L K> taught u what?
                    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt
                      What if it was done by team kill counts every 5ish minutes
                      or maybe every 5th/10th kill, or when the winning team has 10/20/30/40/50 kills. it wouldn't be as useful as if it counted every kill though. dunno if it's worth it..? and dunno if bot coders have enough time to do the logging part.. i want them to fix rpd first =/

Comment

how bout we let staff just worry about whats more important... actually getting TWL STARTED don't give them any new fuckin ideas because then we gonna be waiting longer
                        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                        TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Why would people wait for TWL ? Lets play outside.
                          Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                          Winner of TWT Melee
                          Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Originally posted by tahkis
                            Wow we should add this to basing!
                            A kill here and there in basing doesn't mean much, why bother making it to base.

It's in dueling where it matters.
                            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                              A kill here and there in basing doesn't mean much, why bother making it to base.

It's in dueling where it matters.
                              I dont think you caught his sarcasm
                              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                              X