Clear All

I looked forward to meeting all the other captains tho
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

same here flabs, i wanted to become friends with some cool squads, hoping to chat to a few flabby's as a matter of fact, i think we should arrange our own meeting, and forge a flabyy brainwave alliance, well be the brains your the army i am going to follow this through lol, next time im in pub im going to ask you about it too bad about the meeting thought dameon, i really wanted to attend with a few deligates, maybe if you do eventually get things up and running you could pm me
      Join the emperors legion in the task of uniting all Sadukar under the rule of one emperor on the plagued plannet of Arakis, destroying the fremen, and contolling the Houses of Harkonen, Ordos and Atriedes, together we will reign superior, and the force of the Sadukar will grow.

Comment

Damn i think i'll commit a suicide, ATLEAST Exalt doesn't rspect me.. and i bet many other don't either! GOD DAMN Maybe i said something bad about this holy game, it can hurt many ppl, or maybe i killed him in elim!!!! who knows :fear:
        -Kawrae

Comment

how can i put this.......TOLD YOU SO :turned:
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
            So far, it doesn't look like it. Due to the lack of maturity for this to go down. So I'm looking for other ways to go about getting a consensus of random TWD things w/o having to spam the boards with threads. Make it more managable.
            i dont understand how using the forum polls to determine people's standpoint on certain issues regarding TWD is such a difficult thing to manage. If there are items which staff thinks should be changed and wish for people's input regarding the matter, poll it, zoner the url and you are done. And seeing as how most of the threads in this forum are 99% recycled tripe anyway, im sure it can handle the brunt of a few new polls. Sounds easy? It is.

What's difficult however, is getting the very small handful of staff with ability to make setting changes/code bots involved enough in the process to take time out of their busy schedules to actually implement these changes. And with qan and lnx out of the picture, this list of skilled volunteers is in short supply. What we dont need is more bullshit rhetoric, pointless committees and piles of questionaires that may or may not be read by someone who actually has the ability to act on these suggestions. The fact that trench wars is also bogged down by absentee sysops also compounds the pointlessness of these discussions, seeing as most of these "plans of action" cannot be implemented without the consent of someone who is never around.

So fuck it, lets just play with what we have and go shoot some goddamn spaceships.
            Last edited by SLaQ n Sauce; 02-07-2006, 04:44 PM.
            $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

I second slam's motion, just press the keys akdnfgisajn kas faf;g(me trying to press ctrl)
              t('_'t)

Comment

Originally posted by SLaQ n Sauce
                i dont understand how using the forum polls to determine people's standpoint on certain issues regarding TWD is such a difficult thing to manage. If there are items which staff thinks should be changed and wish for people's input regarding the matter, poll it, zoner the url and you are done. And seeing as how most of the threads in this forum are 99% recycled tripe anyway, im sure it can handle the brunt of a few new polls. Sounds easy? It is.

What's difficult however, is getting the very small handful of staff with ability to make setting changes/code bots involved enough in the process to take time out of their busy schedules to actually implement these changes. And with qan and lnx out of the picture, this list of skilled volunteers is in short supply. What we dont need is more bullshit rhetoric, pointless committees and piles of questionaires that may or may not be read by someone who actually has the ability to act on these suggestions. The fact that trench wars is also bogged down by absentee sysops also compounds the pointlessness of these discussions, seeing as most of these "plans of action" cannot be implemented without the consent of someone who is never around.

So fuck it, lets just play with what we have and go shoot some goddamn spaceships.

Smartest thing ive read on this forum in a long time.

Comment

I think you have the wrong idea for why captains were being called. It's not so much to change TWD settings as it is to have everyone agree that once the staffers catch someone cheating they wont get to play, instead of evading the ban and rejoining that squad on an alias, then cheating again. Like you said yourself the only staff that can do anything worthwhile about this dont log on so it falls down to being the responsibility of the community itself.
                  I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                  I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                    I think you have the wrong idea for why captains were being called. It's not so much to change TWD settings as it is to have everyone agree that once the staffers catch someone cheating they wont get to play, instead of evading the ban and rejoining that squad on an alias, then cheating again. Like you said yourself the only staff that can do anything worthwhile about this dont log on so it falls down to being the responsibility of the community itself.
                    I have completely understood your notion of this utopian band of brothers style twd league, however it would never work in a system as large as TWD because about 60% of the population (and that is being generous) dont give a flying fuck about the rules(especially the ones that aren't even enforced by the TW staff). With new squads popping up every day the cheaters will always eventually find their way back into twd circulation even if you guys were to meet everyday in ?go #circlejerk for a secret squadcaptains meeting.

The ball is entirely in staff's court when it comes to how cheating in TWD gets handled and its effectiveness. However, I am in favor of publicly exposing people who get banned for cheating so that the captains who do actually care(who for the most part lead good, successful squads) can base any recruitment judgement on their previous ban history. Maybe even damian could arrange this and earn his priitk merit badge!

As for TWL, since most of the people playing in this league seem more involved in the game, everyone pretty much already knows who the suspected cheaters are on these squads, and those players will be watched carefully by the match referees and spectators, and unless they have elite sika hacks they will be caught and their squad will pay the penalty shriek style. People get constantly reported for cheating in TWL matches over even the smallest of flight discrepancies and Im pretty sure most of the squadcaptains interested in playing TWL already understand these risks and know better. And those who dont will find out the hard way...
                    $|_@Q\_/|=

Comment

maybe youre right that that really wont stop anyone but doing nothing wont either. And since the ban list is limited to one person that i know of that really wasnt just flying around with shields on I wouldnt say staff is filled with the knowledge to pick up on anything subtle. Perhaps the reason there is no list of people made open to the public is for just that reason..there is no list
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

I say if we do polls, we do polls for each league, I think its fucking stupid that a couple of basers should be able to decide what happens in warbird league because they think they know about it.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                          Its these "random squadcaptains" that keep twd alive.
                          We might not be in a position to discuss cheating or lag limits with any authority but in terms of gameplay we play the most games statistically. Trak for example has played over 370 dds thats more that dicE HEAVY and Disoblige put together.

Trak however sucks in everything imo, and if you didn't realize, both dice and diso are three-league squads
                          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                          There wont be another election for president.
                          Obama is the Omega President.
                          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

and syndicate.
                            zidane> big play
                            Omega Red> dwop sick
                            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
                              Trak however sucks in everything imo, and if you didn't realize, both dice and diso are three-league squads
                              I know. My point was however that trak still use twd more in terms of the number of games they play than the top 3 squads. So they deserve a say as much as anyone. Squads in the lower sections of twd often get forgotton but proportionally they play more games. Just because a squad arnt good in terms of playing, doesnt mean they wouldnt have anything of value to add to a converstaion on twd as they have played over 300 games.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I have completely understood your notion of this utopian band of brothers style twd league, however it would never work in a system as large as TWD because about 60% of the population (and that is being generous) dont give a flying fuck about the rules(especially the ones that aren't even enforced by the TW staff). With new squads popping up every day the cheaters will always eventually find their way back into twd circulation even if you guys were to meet everyday in ?go #circlejerk for a secret squadcaptains meeting.

The ball is entirely in staff's court when it comes to how cheating in TWD gets handled and its effectiveness. However, I am in favor of publicly exposing people who get banned for cheating so that the captains who do actually care(who for the most part lead good, successful squads) can base any recruitment judgement on their previous ban history. Maybe even damian could arrange this and earn his priitk merit badge!

As for TWL, since most of the people playing in this league seem more involved in the game, everyone pretty much already knows who the suspected cheaters are on these squads, and those players will be watched carefully by the match referees and spectators, and unless they have elite sika hacks they will be caught and their squad will pay the penalty shriek style. People get constantly reported for cheating in TWL matches over even the smallest of flight discrepancies and Im pretty sure most of the squadcaptains interested in playing TWL already understand these risks and know better. And those who dont will find out the hard way...
                                So if I understand you correctly, you are saying, 'if you think there is a solution, then you are part of the problem'?

I tried hard to understand what possible solutions you are offering in your post and I am struggling. Are you suggesting that, because in your opinion, ‘60%’ of the TW community doesn’t care the rest of us are wasting your time and should just give up and leave? If this is what you were driving at, sounds like a good idea to me.
                                The people who are mature enough to ‘admit’ they care go off and develop our own arenas/league.
                                The cheaters, those that don’t give a fuck, those that don’t want to try to make things better, can all stay and play with each other (literally and figuratively).

Comment

Working...
                                X