Don't Disable for no reason in a dd.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Disable for no reason in a dd.

For later reference, I'd appreciate it if the staff wouldn't disable my players in TWD without giving us a reason while we are adding for a dd. I don't know if it was Kim or Dameon, hopefully not Dameon since he was the opposing squad. But someone tried to take out frag by disabling. And considering that none of our other players could play at the time. It would have lost us the duel.

Here's the link United Force vs. HEAVY

I know it's after we've both been invited, but still. That doesn't seem right to me. But hey, I might be wrong.
    Last edited by PureOwnage; 04-09-2006, 11:05 PM.
    Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
    3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
    1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
    1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
    1:Markmrw> :O
    1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

what does the link show! :X I don't get it
    1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Depre
      what does the link show! :X I don't get it
      So that people can see which game the thread is in regards to:grin:
      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

No reason .. that's funny.

If you play in TWD with multiple names from the same computer, don't assume we'll know who is in your house, and they can be disabled at any time when proof sustains that you have multiple connections from 2+ TWD names from a single place (IP and/or Mid matching). Just happened to be that Kim was following a lead on Aerian which caught your boy Fragil.

So, next time, let us know you're having more than one name, and this won't happen again, don't assume we'll know who's related to who in this game.
        DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell

If you play in TWD with multiple names from the same computer, don't assume we'll know who is in your house, and they can be disabled at any time when proof sustains that you have multiple connections from 2+ TWD names from a single place (IP and/or Mid matching). Just happened to be that Kim was following a lead on Aerian which caught your boy Fragil.

So, next time, let us know you're having more than one name, and this won't happen again, don't assume we'll know who's related to who in this game.
          Well then you might have wanted to tell one of us that you're going to do it so we could have woken someone up who could actually play, instead of just doing it and saying you didn't do it.
          Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
          3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
          1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
          1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
          1:Markmrw> :O
          1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

First of all, Aerian is not Aerin.

Secondly, "fragily" is not our "boy" considering that she's a girl.

Thirdly, Aerin's sister, nlie (fragily) has been playing on the same connection as Aerin for a very long time without an issue -- I'm sure nlie and aerin have had to deal with this "same ip/mid" issue before, and it has been resolved before. Does nlie need to send a ?help message before each and every game reminding her association with aerin?

Perhaps one could wait until AFTER a game in progress to resolve a matter like this... which has undoubtedly come up before.

Or perhaps have the courtesy to actually communicate with the squad, instead of making sudden impromptu actions out of the blue, and expecting the squad to solve the mystery of "how did her name get disabled in the middle of a game" themselves.
            Last edited by Zingy; 04-10-2006, 12:05 AM.

Comment

We have a siblings list, if you're not on it, we don't think you're related. If you tell us, when you make the name "Hey, Player 1 and I are related, we need to be flagged for this." That's it, its all over, we don't need a thread about it.

But, you decide to throw caution to the wind and assume that I know everybody's relationship to eachother in the zone. If I don't see it on the list, that means nobody sees it on the list, and it's open game for anyone to ban if they see fit.
              DELETED

Comment

We're gonna have a big ol' brew-ha-ha! Apparently the authoritarian staff members don't think it very necessary to let people know what's going on, and a hell of a coincidental time don't ya think?

Dameon the Red II
                Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Sorry, I'll also hold your hand while you cross the street, too. Why don't you put yourself in our shoes instead of pretending you know how the shit goes down. The point is, you have siblings play without letting the ops know, shit like this can happen. I don't see why a simple request of using the !register system properly, and how it's supposed to, is so fucking hard to ask.

And who was Dameon the Red I?
                  DELETED

Comment

Sorry, I'll also hold your hand while you cross the street, too. Why don't you put yourself in our shoes instead of pretending you know how the shit goes down. The point is, you have siblings play without letting the ops know, shit like this can happen. I don't see why a simple request of using the !register system properly, and how it's supposed to, is so fucking hard to ask.

Don't mistake this thread into thinking it's a personal attack on you by united force. Because it isn't.

Aerin and Nlie have had to talk to ops atleast 2 or 3 times before explaining their situation. How many more times do they need to do so? 4? 5? 10?

On top of the fact that they've already dealt with this before, comes the problem of lack of communication. With 1 minute left on the timer, a squad should not have to go through panic wondering about why one of their members suddenly got disabled.

Whether or not ops have properly "flagged" aerin and nlie's accounts before after talking to them, is not the issue at hand, even though it is something that should also be thought about.

Comment

Dude.. I must have gotten more than my fair share of troubles with the ops for this very reason so yes I HAVE talked to an op before about this issue (shayde, P_L). Perhaps you should have asked the other ops before power/ego-tripping. Thanks.

Comment

Shayde is long gone, and P_L does TWL. Now that I know, I can give you a pass. And yes, I told the other ops to make sure the names finish whatever matches they are in before they disable next time.
                        DELETED

Comment

Nobody, Epinephrine was the First in the lineage of Red tyrannical staff members, and you just so happened to earn the honour of being his lacky. Dameon the Red II is born.
                          Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                          1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

!

So you can get disabled for having more then one nickname on a squad?

If so, does it just restrict having TWDD rostered nicknames, or in general having two names that are both squadjoined.

I have my own name, MILOS, and I also control another one that is squadjoined.

If that will be a problem, let's fix it now so that I don't get specced two minutes before a TWL match.

Comment

Originally posted by MILOS
                              I have my own name, MILOS, and I also control another one that is squadjoined.

If that will be a problem, let's fix it now so that I don't get specced two minutes before a TWL match.
                              lol Mr. Sarcasm

Comment

Working...
                              X