Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replace TWSD with TWHD (hockey Division)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replace TWSD with TWHD (hockey Division)

hockey is probably requested about 20 times in 24 hours by different people, almost every day. Sometimes more on the weekend, and that's only those who use ?help, I'm sure there are more that want to play without leaving TW that don't actually use ?help to request the game being hosted. Don't tell people to leave TW and go to another zone to play a game we are capable of running in our own zone. P_L said it in another thread, we're interested in attracting people to the TW, not telling them to go to another zone. I'm positive TWHD would be more popular than TWSD and I think TWHD would also be more popular than TWSB, although Im not positive on that. On another note, I know that just getting one of these divisions up and running is going to be hard enough, but it is possible to have both of them.
    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
    3:Best> see it coming
    3:Best> sad

Would love to have a hockey division... gives me an excuse to go get my skates sharpened! except i have no cup. <_< TWSD failed miserably. Might as well put some effort into making hockey division work. Would be a great way to get more ppl into TW.
    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
    TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
      hockey is probably requested about 20 times in 24 hours by different people, almost every day. Sometimes more on the weekend, and that's only those who use ?help, I'm sure there are more that want to play without leaving TW that don't actually use ?help to request the game being hosted. Don't tell people to leave TW and go to another zone to play a game we are capable of running in our own zone. P_L said it in another thread, we're interested in attracting people to the TW, not telling them to go to another zone. I'm positive TWHD would be more popular than TWSD and I think TWHD would also be more popular than TWSB, although Im not positive on that. On another note, I know that just getting one of these divisions up and running is going to be hard enough, but it is possible to have both of them.
      TW wants to attract ppl who play TW's games, not some ripped arena that another dedicated zone provides as it's mainstay breadandbutter settings. HZ provides bigger better hockey experence than TW will ever provide and does it as it's main job. Plus you're asking for more TW resources (which are already scarce from what I can tell from the requestsrojects completed ratio taking into account that TW is the largest zone ... kinda sad I think). If there's any division that deserves to be put up it's speedball ... but I don't think it's ready or has enough support yet (note that speedball isn't really provided by any other zones and in some ways is considered a TW product [at least from my limited knowledge]).

Comment

speedball? wtf is speedball? never heard of it before must be junk.
        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
        TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Replace your mom with your dad
          -Kawrae

Comment

I think hockey would work, because it's easier to get a handle of, over Strikeball/Speedball .... its an interesting idea.
            DELETED

Comment

TWHD would most probably work, but as I said in another thread, dont replaced TWSD, some squads still play it (rarely though).

Just make TWHD just like TWSB was there last year.

Needed:

BotMaker (or hosts)
              WebDesigner (just like twdivisions.org - squads need to get applied to the site etc.)
              And squads.

However there might not be enough squads/teams for TWHD, so it would need to be advertised pretty much to get it work.

And the second problem is, that most probably the best hockeyplayers (and the few goalies TW has) would join the best squad, and the rest would be too clear runner ups with no challenge to the best squad at all.
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                TW wants to attract ppl who play TW's games, not some ripped arena that another dedicated zone provides as it's mainstay breadandbutter settings. HZ provides bigger better hockey experence than TW will ever provide and does it as it's main job. Plus you're asking for more TW resources (which are already scarce from what I can tell from the requestsrojects completed ratio taking into account that TW is the largest zone ... kinda sad I think). If there's any division that deserves to be put up it's speedball ... but I don't think it's ready or has enough support yet (note that speedball isn't really provided by any other zones and in some ways is considered a TW product [at least from my limited knowledge]).
                Ok so make TWHD but make it our own settings and not exactly like Hockey Zone. Next problem? I'm only looking for solutions and fun things for TW to get involved with for after TWL. Otherwise, I believe alot of people are going to be quiting until a few months before next TWL. Im not saying to copy Hockey Zone, Im saying let's make our own Hockey Division. Have it automated just like TWDD, TWJD, TWBD, TWSD are currently automated. You go in, challenge for a hockey game to other squads. If they accept you add a goalie then you add the rest of your players and start it.
                1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                3:Best> see it coming
                3:Best> sad

Comment

I still don't understand why you want to go through all this trouble when you can just jump over to HZ to get your hockey fix. All it is, is a few more keystrokes as opposed to scipting a new bot and getting ppl to work on this ambitious TWHD project. If you guys wanna play HZ so much then going to HZ is a lot simpler than trying to create a new project for some devs to create.

Comment

Ever been to HZ lately? It's not alive until around 3pm EST and when it is alive there are around 50 people speccing in teamscrim. If someone from TW who is pretty much unknown in HZ wants to play then they need to hope some players are in pub because they won't get picked in TS. Pub games don't usually last that long, everyone else would rather be speccing in teamscrim for some reason.
                    2:puker> gilder is any band bigger than metallica in your country
                    2:gilder> if artist count, madonna, cause he was in finland once
                    2:puker> he
                    2:puker> maledonna
                    2:Sika> whats metallica

Comment

The issue with this, as I see it, is that if TW implements a hockey league, it will probably kill HZ, as TW has the potential to provide a much more active and competitive league due to our larger playerbase (which includes almost all of the HZ playerbase).

Now, this wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for hockey players, but it's not something that should be done without serious commitment. A Trench Wars Hockey Division would probably kill HZ even if it was inferior in many ways, as long as it was just 'good enough'. I noticed on the hockey site that they provide lengthy articles for games, hall of fame inductees, etc. They obviously have a very committed core of staff running the zone, giving it much more detailed attention than we provide for any of our own leagues, including TWL.

If we do implement a hockey division, I think it should only be done after we have committed ourselves to putting in the same kind of effort as the HZ staff.
                      Fusha> Let's cyber! ^.^
                      eXCaliburx> you better be a girl :/
                      Fusha> I'm not :(
                      eXCaliburx> Darn
                      eXCaliburx> pretend?

2:Rudy> You could probably train a monkey to be a ZH if he was just polite enough not to hurl his faeces at you

Comment

Originally posted by H I M
                        Ever been to HZ lately? It's not alive until around 3pm EST and when it is alive there are around 50 people speccing in teamscrim. If someone from TW who is pretty much unknown in HZ wants to play then they need to hope some players are in pub because they won't get picked in TS. Pub games don't usually last that long, everyone else would rather be speccing in teamscrim for some reason.
                        It's easy. Form a TWHZ chat. Tell everyone who would normally play ?go hockey in TW at 3 PM to go to HZ and start a pub game. All you have to do is get a chat up and tell everyone to go to HZ to start up a game. It's really not that hard. The risks:benefits of having TWHD are not good compared to just starting a chat and getting TW players to go to HZ if they wanna play hockey.

As for what you said Mutton. Even if TWHD started in TW, it wouldn't kill HZ. I have little confidence that TW can match HZ's bots and features without actually ripping stuff / asking HZ developers for help. Maybe you would see a lot more pub games in TWHD, but the level of competition and prestige would still be something only HZ can provide unless TW wants to turn into a hockey-dedicated zone which it will never do.

Comment

I can do the bots, and I probably will, since I'm implementing the strikeball/speedball bot. Strikeball/speedball is about 99% identical to hockey as far as bot coding is concerned, so going from a strikeball-only bot to a strikeball/hockey bot is trivial. The HZ bots aren't anything amazing that can't be duplicated with a bit of time. The dedicated staff is a different story though.
                          Fusha> Let's cyber! ^.^
                          eXCaliburx> you better be a girl :/
                          Fusha> I'm not :(
                          eXCaliburx> Darn
                          eXCaliburx> pretend?

2:Rudy> You could probably train a monkey to be a ZH if he was just polite enough not to hurl his faeces at you

Comment

sufficient the only thing you ever post on here is telling people to go to a zone other than TW. EVER. just stfu and dont comment on anything with retarded ideas like secret hz meetings at 3 o'clock
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Lol ... NJ pride btw. Love it when ppl get pissed at my opinions. If you guys really wanna do it go ahead. I just personally think it's a waste of time/resources/energy. It's not like I can stop you guys. But I'm willing to bet that TW staff will not want to implement any type of hockey division since there is already a hockey zone.

Edit: I guess it's safe to assume you've only played TW (and maybe HZ) Izor? If so then I just feel bad that you've never tried Chaos/Prem, PB, ASWZ, WZL, EG, 17th, or Alpha. TW is nice and all, but this game is bigger than the fishbowl you play in. SS/Continuum does not equate to TW is what I'm basically saying.
                              Last edited by Sufficient; 04-24-2006, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X