No announcement yet.

Any suggestions for TWD in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for finally shutting up. Only took 6 1/2 years but better late than never
    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      total damage done per ship in twbd
      This would be a good stat to add to all of TWD, except for TWDD obviously. Landing killing blows isn't all that's important, every bit of damage you do contributes to a kill.

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
      Allow non-team subs in TWD.
      I love this idea. It would let squads who are short a player or two, depending on the division, find a quick rogue pilot to fill the lineup and be able to play a match. It can help squadless pilots "get a feel" of what it's like to play TWD matches with a squad before actually joining said squad. Or vice versa, the squad can test out players before letting them join.

I agree with it being limited to 1 for JD/DD/SD and 2 for BD. Also if a squad uses rogue pilots, the amount of points they gain from winning should be less than the normal amount, but the amount of points the other team receives for winning (if they did NOT use rogues) stays the same. Rogues should definitely be disabled altogher during TWL qualification period, or maybe disable ALL point gain/loss for teams that use Rogues during this time.

Example situation using RPs (Rogue Pilots):
      Team A: 4 Regular Pilots vs. Team B: 3 Regular Pilots + 1 RP
      Team A wins: Team A gains the normal amount of points through the current formula
      Team B losses the normal amount of points through the current formla
      Team B wins: Team A losses less points than they would from the scenerio above because Team B used RPs.
      Team B gains less points than they would from the scenerio above because they used RPs and Team A didn't.

If both teams used RPs then use the current formula to determine point gain/loss.

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
      allow diff squads for diff leagues
      +5. Let players play WHAT they want with WHO they want. If I want to JD with Chance and Haunt on Dark, and DD with...?!?!? Kthanx and Izor...on Quicksand or whatever, I should be allowed to. As long as I can't JD with Quicksand or DD with Dark, it shouldn't be a problem.

Ok here are some of my own ideas:
      -Add the option for single round matches to DD and JD. Many times people come on for "a quick baseelim" or "a quick game of ?go base". Why not be able to play a quick JD or even a BD. Give BDers the option to race to 10 minutes instead of 15. Or give the hardcore ones the option to play a 30 minute marathon. Can you imagine being in a BD for a whole hour? I'm sure lots of you hardcore basers would like to at least try that once. So give us options on the length of matches: DD/JD- single round or two out of three. BD-10min Race, 15, 20, 25, 30, whatever.

-Don't completely remove players for being outside of base too long or crossing the line on their way down in JDs. Deduct a life for every 5 seconds they spend below the line or something. Complete removal is too harsh. This could also aleviate the current issue where players get randomly warped to the spawn area and then get removed from game.

-Spawn system in DD. No suggestions yet. All I know is I don't like it and it needs a change IMO.

Originally posted by curse View Post
      rofl.... most all horrible ideas.... *three lines of complete garbage go here* My idea so far best one yet.
      You sound like a 12 year old fgt.

Comment

allowing non team subs in TWD would make TWD meaningless, squads meaningless, and no one would care about what squad they are on, who is on it, how good it is, go fuck yourself

need another player to play in twd? recruit someone and help the zone instead of just pming anyone, go play wbduel you flocking faggots

the reason this zone exists is because of squad dynamics, the recruiting, the drama, the loyalty, the hopping, the BILITY TO PLAY MORE THAN 1 LEAGUE WITH THE SAME GROUP OF PLAYERS IE SQUAD

you allow players to be on more than 1 squad and join any squad for any game, and it will all fall apart i shit you not

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
          allowing non team subs in TWD would make TWD meaningless, squads meaningless, and no one would care about what squad they are on, who is on it, how good it is, go fuck yourself

need another player to play in twd? recruit someone and help the zone instead of just pming anyone, go play wbduel you flocking faggots

the reason this zone exists is because of squad dynamics, the recruiting, the drama, the loyalty, the hopping, the BILITY TO PLAY MORE THAN 1 LEAGUE WITH THE SAME GROUP OF PLAYERS IE SQUAD

you allow players to be on more than 1 squad and join any squad for any game, and it will all fall apart i shit you not
          I thank you for your constructive criticism.
          The reason this zone is on the verge of dying out completely is because of people like you who are afraid of even the simplest minor changes and are too stubborn to change because you've been doing things a certain way, not necessarily the best way, for years.

The OP of this thread asked for suggestions from everyone. If you're going to insult everybody that speaks out and comes up with new ideas, by all means go ahead, it only shows how ignorant you are.
          Last edited by crazyfuk; 11-10-2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

there are a lot of ideas on this thread, the only ones i'm speaking out on are the ones that don't realize that squad integrity is paramount, the reason the zone is dying is cuz the game is 20 years old, dissolving squad boundaries will be the nail in the coffin. TWD will not matter if the squad I'm playing against has randorkm players, the squad im playing on has random players, and every player in is on 3 different squads with 3 different chats and captains have to beg players to come onto their squad to play instead of one of the others they are on. what are you proposing is not a simple minor change, 1 squad per player is the best and only way any game works, and when i say go fuck yourself faggot i only say that cuz i want you to realize how bad an idea this is and these words convey that message

Comment

I see these ideas as additions to the game. If a player and his/her current squad are against using Rogue Pilots, then simply don't agree to !allownts. Same goes for Pressure Drop's idea. If a squad is against having players for only one or two divisions then your captain can make it a requirement that all members sign up for ALL divisions.

Comment

There is a very simple way to see what will, and will not work.

Have many different arenas, each trying out a new idea. Theres no reason there cant be 12 arenas, but only 4 are allowed to be used at one time, not that this would be a issue with the population heh.

Also, putting a arena message in the first couple 'normal' maps mentioning there are new maps, settings, whatever, would be good. A lot of people still dont know there are new maps.

Comment

I dont like te profile on the twd site, that shows your squads.
                  Now it says Latest 3 squads.
                  Best system ever, was the old twd site, were it only showed the squads u've been into for more then one week.
                  that would be much better (according to me)
                  :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
                    Have many different arenas, each trying out a new idea. Theres no reason there cant be 12 arenas, but only 4 are allowed to be used at one time, not that this would be a issue with the population heh.
                    that would require work and initiative from staff.. #keepdreamingkid
                    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazio View Post
                      I dont like te profile on the twd site, that shows your squads.
                      Now it says Latest 3 squads.
                      Best system ever, was the old twd site, were it only showed the squads u've been into for more then one week.
                      that would be much better (according to me)
                      :fear:
                      it sure is hard to hit that "squad history" button in the profile page.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
                        it sure is hard to hit that "squad history" button in the profile page.
                        ow lol. how can i oversee that!! hahah MB

Comment

• Ok, I also have some suggestions for u guys.

-First, it would be nice to see ur stats under TWDD, TWJD and others because now their is a limit of only 40 people. And if ur name begins with a letter like W, you can't see ur stats on the squads page unless you go to ur profile. That would be a nice improvement.

- Next one is the implementation of new players. Pub is full nowadays but new people don't know anything about TWD, TWL and other important events TW has to offer. Why not introduce them in a TWAD (Trench Wars Amateurs Division), get some squads in and play TWDD, TWJD and TWBD like once a week so they get a feel for it? Also, should give them some prizes like 50k pub money for ending first in TWAD, granted entrance for next TWL, become mod or a ZH for a day etc. If it's too much work, just do a TWD tournament. Example: instead of a weekend event post on forums and advertise that this saturday or sunday there will be a TWD tournament for all new players who haven't played in any leagues yet. Post this on forum, let ppl contact staff in game or subscribe for it on forums and do random squads. Then let them battle it out in a tournament of TWD, TWJ and TWB.

-Another thing is about TWD. It's structure is great, but should add some new stuff to it. I talked to some people in game about a new concept and many have agreed on it. Why not do a league like irl? Like in soccer or other sport events. For example: Do a league of, idk, 20 squads for each league. Then do a schedule of all games talking place and do 1 game per week in each league. This way it would be more competitive and people would come and play 1 game per week to support their squads. Like play a dd on Fridays, a jd on Saturday and a bd on Sunday. Just like games are played irl!

-If the mods have some time, they could also use pub as a great arena for matches. Many people are there, many active and many willing to try out new things they are not familiar with. So why not do a basing match in pub? Like a TWD tournament or something similar? To show newcomers how it's done in the real TWBD. I think this would attract many new people to join squads and start playing competitive. The same could be done with wbduel, javduel and spidduel.

Well those are only a few suggestions that came up before the TWL reset. Will post some more after I talk to some people in game.
                          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

• i see alot of the same complaints over and over like lag/reso people should justbehappy this game is still going.

just look the onlygame iplayed longer then SS is Lineage USA since 1997 and they shutting down this month after tons of people invest tons of hours into characters and clans and pay for it. so we should all be happy we have a play ground.
                            %killed says "eat,lagged,lamed,lucked,caught,strayed,spawned,te amed,typekill,vulched,rock,newbed,lol,fluke,ooops, wooops..." wa wa wa stfu

most wins/kills in old elim database

rank ---name --rate --wins-- games---- kills ---- deaths --ave
                            4426 - Spacely--230 --14819 --89734-- 516061-- 670940-- 311

Comment

• suggestion:

make special ships (wb/jav) only available in landslide games. IMO, jav ruins basing, and wb just makes it stupid. these ships are not so the whole team has fun, they are so that one individual can have fun, and not only does it ruin it for the team around him, who are trying to focus on cramming (which is weaker with one less spid), but it also ruins it for the nme team, who, if they're trying to learn the game (and may have weak sharks) are going to get demolished.

if you make it so that there must be a 10 minute deficit before a special is used (i.e. 12:00-2:00) then:

a) the losing team can decide to use a jav to break cram if they're sucking
                              b) the winning team can decide to use a special to ego

This way, you at least give both teams a fair fight to do well at the beginning with their respective full-spider lineups, and then if one is failing miserably they can use the jav as a last resort but only at the 10:00 minute deficit (this can be indicated for both captains with an arena msg like: "_____ continues to hold the lead with a 10:00 minute gap/advantage" or something.

isn't basing supposed to be about the best team, not the best lagging specials?

Comment

• yuck

the better solution was the one that got yelled down a while back.

for special ships only tighten the lag restrictions. take the lag limits and halve them for wb/jav only. people dont usually care about a good special ship unless theyre rocketing through endless hits or shooting an unreppable bullet.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X