X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New +1 lagout rule

Today apparantly a new rule was implemented in bots;
    Bots will +1 more consistently when u lagout

I see plenty of people lagging out quite a lot on average; getting +1'd for every lagout will become very annoying, will decrease chances of winning and decrease chances of a fair and fun game and might make caps and assistants rethink adding "laggier" people in the first place which i think will also be a negative effect on the activity.

To lagout in the first place is already a negative effect for your team (they will be down one player for some time)
    A lot of people living further from server will be punished more for something they cannot help.
    I had already made a helpcall about this and talked to Willby and he reminded me theres already a lagout cap; so adding deaths is redundant

Long story short; Bad Idea

Edit: talked to Reckful(l of himself icu reck): he basically said it was technically a bug; bot shouldve already +1'd every lagout. Talked to him; perhaps now having no +1 for a lagout at all is a useful idea

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Oranje; 06-20-2013, 07:44 PM.

I'm okay with it, it was very inconsistant before.
    It's bad for actual laggers, but it does help protect from inducers who push it a little too far.
    Former TW Staff

Comment

agreed with shaddow.

Since december brazillians have been having problems with some router/backbone to trenchwars. aparently it's only tw. I can log on any SSCU zone ok but at tw it sux.

W/e it's a rule that might prejudice me a bit but i'd rather see this rule taking place to punish inducers.
      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
      8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

What an interesting sig, schope!
        (Children)>hunted for life
        (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
        :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Being a brit I'm not a fan of this. The system as it was was absolutely fine; If I lagged out I knew that I was too laggy so i'd disconnect from the game and try to sort it out before reconnecting, but now getting +1'd every time is just annoying...if I've lagged out for 15-20 seconds my team is already 3v4 they dont need me losing a death too. I know other people have similar lag to me or even worse so this isn't just a rant about how I'm going to be disadvantaged and no one else is.
          As of right now I've been at my mum/mom/mother's house for a few weeks visiting and her internet connection isnt the best; with SS I get a mini lag spike every 15 minutes or so that is so short it has no effect on my ship or how I play or how I am visible to others but now I'll get a 1+ death for a miliseconds worth of lag; annoying.

tl;dr - I'm whining about being a laggot
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme View Post
            What an interesting sig, schope!
            LOL
            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
            Your friend,
            ​​Papi
            ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Stayon View Post
              LOL
              Allow reply to the +1 thing

Comment

K A N E> The whole point of +1
                K A N E> Is because right before you get shot
                K A N E> you fkin spec

That the only reason for +1 death and it used to be good; spec due to lag usually wasnt a +1
                and normal spec always was +1

Comment

-Edit; plz delete this reply-
                  Last edited by Oranje; 06-27-2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

How about instead of allowing 3 lagouts you get 2? Seems fair. You lagout once, OK w/e, no harm done. You lagout again, there's your warning, get a sub ready. You lagout a third time, you're done, no more being able to !lagout.

Comment

I had a lot to add to this, but then I looked at it through the laggers perspective. A lot of times, you'll chase someone who is lagging, get ready to shoot and kill them and they lagout, no +1. It's already unfair to them, even though you lost the kill for your team, because their team has to 3v4 for 10-20 seconds. Maybe add time before they can !lagout rather than +1? Also, a lot of the times when someone is severely lagging, it always seems they spike forward after tanking a shot, and then 5 seconds later they're in spec with no +1, so then maybe there should be the +1 rule???? Then you have people like Melody who can sit still on a wall, or float away from you in your line of fire and tank a direct hit, to later kill you, which then confuses me to what exactly the limits are before you even lagout? I'm 100% sure that Melody sees your bullets start out from 3 inches from your ship, because close range he's impossible to kill.

Comment

u guys done tainting my "+1" and using it for lag references

reckful u done making changes no one wants...when will staff learn to do stuff the people want...always some bs updates going on that the majority of people dont want but some fgt like kane asks for it and it gets implemented
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

^^ This what I'm sayin', bitch!
                          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                          Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                          Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Comment

lol ricko
                              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Working...
                              X