Resolution Cap on TWDD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Cap on TWDD's

I want as many vouches as possible to see if you guys really want resolution cap taken away. i've been thinkin to add it up to +1900... just give your 20 cents. -Conspiracy aka dsb

yee boi, remove that shit
    top 100 basers list

Comment

it needs to be removed; some players are restricted to playing in dd3 these days....if we remove it we improve the chances people can play where they want, as it should be.
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

no
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

The resolution limit is stupid and in some ways harms the entire zone. What conclusion would you draw if you downloaded a new game and discovered that it only supported a 1999 resolution? The fact that the resolution matters is a problem with the arena not with the zone; yet it reflects negatively on the zone. Did the original developers of the arena not have a ‘oh shit’ moment when they realized they had designed a arena where resolution mattered? Another example of a ‘good idea’ with bad results.

You can’t buy BetaMax tapes anymore, you can’t buy leaded gasoline. Dial up modems are about gone and few people still spin LP records. Unless there is a plan to develop a lower resolution mobile device TW app (and steer your ship using the accelerometer!) then there is no point in trying to freeze time and progress. Does it suck for the handful of players who are still playing on a 1990s CRT and video card? Yes. Same way it sucks when I try to find leaded gas for my old cars or buy a new album for my turn table.
          eph

Comment

TWLD is still capped at 1280x1024 and since TWL just started I doubt people from the higher ranked squads would prac with a different resolution. This discussion should have been brought up months ago.

So no, don't remove it.
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Discussed by better smarter players, capped for a reason. #forumsearch
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

demonic r u done creating forum profiles for this.

Jones> no

enough said
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

no change pls.

Comment

i'll have the big salad

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Definitely not the right time to bring this up again.

Since not everyone uses the forums (but everyone who actually plays in TWD has to use the website) why not just set up a poll on the TWD site during the offseason? Since you've already got the ability in place to alias check (didn't there used to be a log of new names and whether or not they were aliased somewhere? I could've sworn there was at one point) it wouldn't be hard to keep people from voting numerous times. If that's no longer possible, a simple "one vote per IP" or "one vote per hardware ID" would suffice, too, with people abusing this getting punished and having their votes removed. If a supermajority (>66% or whatever threshold seems reasonable) of the active TWD population agrees to increase the res cap, do it. Otherwise, don't. Easy.
                      GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

It is an advantage to have a large resolution when playing twdd for various reasons. I for one am not going to go out and buy a PC just so I can play dd's on a level playing field. The cap is there for reason, leave it be. The option is available for people to play dd's in large resolution if they wish to they can.
                        killing newbs since 2002

Comment

i got a 24 inch monitor and still don't want high reso being legal, theres enough straying as it is

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                            i'll have the big salad
                            We don't have big salads here zeebu. We could put 2 salads together for you.
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Prob not possible but allow new players (judged on their ip address) to have no resolution cap for the first 20 or so games before restriction starts. This will mean new players wont get owned as much or so they can actually get some kills. Why so many games? Because if they are new they wont even realise that they can change the resolution size for a lil while. Have a message telling them they have no resolution restriction until they have played ____ games. In twl hav the cap restrictions on even if they are new.
                              1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

Working...
                              X