No announcement yet.

Resolution Cap on TWDD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming from a player that actively plays in both large 1920x1080 (my default) and smaller reso (to actually stay unspecced in twdd), I think I should be able to speak for both sides in this argument. The people that complain that larger res is an advantage aren't looking at the whole picture. They simply assume that any res chosen by the players unable to use their default aka larger res would fit properly on their screen and thus even the playing field, giving everyone the same field of view. Well that's completely incorrect, my screens default is 1920x1080, nothing else fits my screen without being warped to do so. So in your search for fairness, you're actually making it unfair for people with larger res screens because you force them to use resolutions that aren't meant to be used on their screens. Also, being in the position I am in, both twd and twl, and throughout TW, I think what I should say about my default reso should hold a little sway. On my resolution, my default, when I use it I gain field of view, what this means, is that it zooms out just a little bit farther horizontally. (It's a wide screen res) What this allows in ways of pros and cons is: better vision (horizontally), I can see bullets and ships coming from further away, and have a little more time to dodge or react to anything coming at me, and I can shoot maybe more accurately at those targets from a distance, because I have line of sight. This also means that rushing (at least in a horizontal direction) Might be affected as well, because I can see the potential places an enemy can run to/use as cover. These are the only pros I can think of. Now, the cons, and yes, there are cons. By zooming out, everything becomes smaller, my ship, other ships, bullets, rocks, everything. The targets I'm aiming at are smaller then a traditional laptop res because I'm more zoomed out. So while I can project which way an enemy might be moving more easier, he's also a fair bit harder to hit. Rushing is the same way; smaller target.

What I'm trying to say here, is that a larger res isn't a massive advantage to anyone and everyone that uses it. They are a double edged sword, they trade survivability, for precise accuracy. And if anything, allowing these resolutions for those that can and should be using them give a chance for those people that actually are forced to use resolutions that do not fit their screen, an opportunity to play the game in the way it was intended to be played, fun, and enjoyable.
    Last edited by LaSenza; 02-12-2014, 05:53 PM. Reason: grammarical errors

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by LaSenza View Post
        What I'm trying to say here, is that a larger res isn't a massive advantage to anyone and everyone that uses it.
        But it is an advantage no matter how large you want to scale it.
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

rofl, daaamn kid, goin all out eh?

And tiny, next time read my post all the way through before you post responses that completely contradict what I just said. It makes you appear more knowledgeable and less like a troll.

Playing on the resolution that your computer was meant to be played on isn't an advantage, it's giving the player back what they never should have been playing without.
          Last edited by LaSenza; 02-12-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X