Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 【 Training Squad 】 another proposal

good evening,

what i'm about to suggest is something that we have proposed multiple times in the past. this would be a team effort to make it work properly, we would need the help of our staffers, players and developers. i'm fully aware that this would be a big project to pick up, but it should be well worth the trouble.

to start off i think we need to get a system for new players to get into competitive play; at the moment the transistion phase is extremely slow which results in almost no new players making it to twd squads. most of our new players will quit within days due to them not experiencing the better part(s) of the zone which are events, elim and leagues, not to mention that there's absolutely no incentive for us to start a training squad. instead of easily setting up a training squad, we currently have to make a lot of sacrifices when creating one. you basically have to abandon all competitive play with your friends for an extended amount of time. you will also have a limited amount of twd games to play due to newbie squads not necessarily being as active as your old squad, assuming you want to give the new players a chance to play. also, you can't help the zone alone; you need a group of players willing to dedicate their free time to help the new players to get involved. that's easier said than done, but there should be enough of veteran players who would want to help out.

i think everything would be much better if we could have the best of both worlds; managing a training squad with other helpful players while remaining on our old squad roster filled with friends to play the occasional squad match. if you can't be on your old squad while managing a training squad then there's a high chance of you burning out within a few months. it's a tiresome experience to run a squad filled with new players and your first priority should always be about entertaining them and giving them play time.

we would require the help of zone staff to make sure things won't run out of control; there has to be a set of rules that we need to follow and it would be up to staff to enforce the rules. staff should also somehow encourage new players to join training squads (such as offering public cash) and give some sort of incentive for old players to start a training squad. we would also need to remake our twd site and change some rules, it would be a lot of work for our developers. as of now, the current site(s) are a huge mess due to multiple different people touching the code. it could take a long time to get even remotely close of completing the system. changes wouldn't be immediate, but i think the zone activity would gradually increase if we had enough people willing to do manage squads and trying to make our new players stay in the zone for longer.

there's a few rules that would be required for this to work. first of all, you should only be allowed to captain one training squad and at most assist one other team if you feel like you have the motivation and time to help both teams. there should also be a limit of veteran players on a squad (e.g. 20% of the players) and you should be forced to add at least two new players to a match (3vs3/4vs4) to give the new players some play time. i think we would also need a new ladder for training squad(s) with a ranking system and possibly even reward the new players with small amounts of public money when they reach a milestone (e.g. 10 games played, 14 kills in a single dueling match, three overall mvp rewards and so on).

sorry for the rambling; going to cut this post a bit short because i have to leave soon to do other shit. i'm aware that this might be a bit too idealistic, but t's still worth a shot in the dark.

if you have any other suggestion(s) about training squads/farm squads feel free to post them here. hopefully you got the general gist of what i was trying to say; i'll try to remember to post my ideas later tonight or tomorrow.

As Wolf is pretty much dead with 3 to 4 active players, I'm opening up to any new players who would like to experience playing with some seasoned veterans. I'm easy to get along with and I've worked well with new players in the past. Wolf will continue on after TWL and if not I can create a squad for new players. It's not hard to manage new players when you're willing to work with them like I always am.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
      I'm easy to get along with
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Working...
      X