TWD Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Update

We're currently in the process of reworking some aspects of TWD, as well as shaping other league plans.

In the works are a TWD Cup with staff-organized matchmaking and squad match scheduling. More info soon.

There are some quality of life changes we are now live-testing as well:
    • No more waiting period between leaving one squad and joining a new one (don't abuse or it'll just get put back, obviously)
    • Assistants can now accept squad applicants, but not deny them
    • New squad members can PM TWDBot with !applytomysquad to apply to their squad, removing the need to leave the game and log in to the TWD site
    • Caps/assistants can PM !accept <name> to TWDBot to accept applicants

The hope is that this should make recruiting players a much simpler process, allowing squads to grow more easily.

We will also be modifying how squad ratings work. Consider the current TWD off-season to be a test: ratings are subject to change at any time. (Sorry, have to do it this way, as there's no testing department.) Details to be released soon, but the basic idea is:
    • Every match played will increase your rating, regardless of win or loss.
    • Losses will give a flat increase, probably 5 points.
    • Wins will give a flat increase of probably 10 points, with an additional bonus based on the difference between the ratings of the two squads, similar to how wins currently work.
    • Forfeits will be zero-sum in terms of points added to the system overall (amount won will be equal to amount lost), to prevent abuse. Forfeiting a match will be the only way you can lose points.
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

im glad these changes are being made even if they are 17 years late.

#richhomieqan
    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

gucci gang
      Leland

Comment

Nice changes.

sigpic

Comment

Could we start by doing a LADDER RESET RIGHT NOW ....

It has been like over 2 years which is depressing and I'm tired of Paladen being so low.

It will start to incentivize squads and players NOW into making squads and beginning a competitive environment for the upcoming TWD CUP (Which we should call TWL Cup)

Thanks .. please reset ladders!!! Looking forward to the new league/cup. I am here to help with ideas too if needed.
          Last edited by Jessup; 02-14-2018, 09:56 PM.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            Could we start by doing a LADDER RESET RIGHT NOW ....

It has been like over 2 years which is depressing and I'm tired of Paladen being so low.

It will start to incentivize squads and players NOW into making squads and beginning a competitive environment for the upcoming TWD CUP (Which we should call TWL Cup)

Thanks .. please reset ladders!!! Looking forward to the new league/cup. I am here to help with ideas too if needed.
            Actively making changes, so it wouldn't be so helpful to reset at the moment, when things could easily go wrong, and might lead to some confusion about the intention of it. Reset'll come soon enough, don't worry!
            "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."

Comment

are people still playing?
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

nope
                WB WORST SHIP EVER LUL

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                  are people still playing?
                  Been a fair bit of activity, especially compared to recent times.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                    im glad these changes are being made even if they are 17 years late.

#richhomieqan
                    hi lol
                    1:RaCka> i cant concentrate at all during class i think i have 80HD
                    1:RaCka> boy this dd is worst then the hall of cost ran by hitler

1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years in school working my ass off. lost friends cuz i went so hard. i lost weight. can a ***** at least get a blowjob?
                    1:paradise> yo i spent 4 years alone studying..i mean can a nigga at least get a hug goodbye
                    1:paradise> alie and then jerk to the hug
                    1:paradise> the memory of the hug later that night
                    1:paradise> alie?

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                      Been a fair bit of activity, especially compared to recent times.

Think a large part of this is to lack of leagues and increase of TWD activity. As much as I like TSL/TWDT, they seem to have negatively impacted the zones activity, with high peak times during them being 1-3 days where now with just TWD, it has high peak times just about every day. I've noticed a huge increase of daily activity as well as lot's of vets coming out of the wood work because of it, it's been awesome the last couple weeks (basically since TSL ended lol). I know there has been talk of bringing leagues back into play, personally I'd like to see focus on TWD and put leagues on a back burner for a while since I think they hurt the population rather than bolster it. Just my observation and opinion. Cheers!

Comment

I dont know the real state of the game atm so I can only speak for myself. (While I assume this is the case for other top players as well) There is no incentive for me to log in as long as there are no leagues announced/on-going. The probability of me returning is decreasing more and more the longer this offseason continues. At some point I will probably quit following the forums as the interest has simply died out.
                        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

yeah this is my dilemma - I've finally acquired a desktop for the first time in about 14 years but I don't know whether to even bother downloading SS on it as everything looks completely dead. Even the forums now seem to have been reduced to just someone posting endless threads with streaming links..

Not sure what can be done to actually get people back in the game, would announcing a TWL season be enough at this stage? No...
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Agree with DW. forums ded...competition ded....how about doing a tourney in a month or so, hosted like the old days...with cash prize and an announcement of some sort for a league....THAT HAS FINALS NOT CANCELLED. ty. Don't want to waste a whole season of tsl for a medal that was for killing newbs and not against competition please.
                            1:waven> u challenge
                            1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                            Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ixador
                              Think a large part of this is to lack of leagues and increase of TWD activity. I know there has been talk of bringing leagues back into play, personally I'd like to see focus on TWD and put leagues on a back burner for a while since I think they hurt the population rather than bolster it.
                              People can get too burned out by TSL, so much so that they don't play TWD, it's true. Clearly, we need to stoke the fires of TWD. Yet, TSL is extremely accessible. With both of these ideas in mind, connecting the two is the current plan. Light TSL games to get the juices flowing, followed by scheduled and staff-coordinated TWD matchmaking, funnelling TSL players into TWD. Extra players can be borrowed by or even eventually recruited into TWD squads for training. Fresh blood is essential, especially refugees from other zones getting tied into the competitive scene in TW (those who have high-tier SS skills but just need some guidance to pick up TW's nuances). For years leagues have been weakening because of the lack of any real path into competitive play. The goal is to finally make one, no matter what it takes. I ask you to give it a chance, and see how it fares.

In order for this to work, captains need to be willing to borrow/eventually recruit unknowns, and show at scheduled times to at the very least play against other already established squads. With only positive ratings increases, the incentive to simply play games whenever possible becomes much greater, and squads with larger rosters who are willing to borrow, recruit and train new players will benefit.

So the goal is: get TWD back on its feet. Then move forward with prestige leagues after.

Final details are being worked out on exact schedule, but we are looking at starting the TWD/TSL combo around mid-March, with TSL finishing significantly earlier to allow a TWD Cup-style finals event to take center stage.

Along with these leagues, the Steam Visibility Round will also run around this time, delivering a healthy shot of activity and a reason for many old players to come back and see what's new.

Originally posted by Tiny
                              some sort for a league....THAT HAS FINALS NOT CANCELLED. ty. Don't want to waste a whole season of tsl for a medal that was for killing newbs and not against competition please.
                              TSL finals were a bit of a mess, for various reasons. It's being reworked for the season to come. (See TSL thread.) Also, several mechanical TSL changes should make competition much more interesting.

More info very soon. (NOTE: New TWD squad ratings change is now live for testing.)

Comment

Working...
                              X