Regarding Upcoming TWDCup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    While the point system where you gain some for a loss is odd and perhaps can be argued as "unfair" by some...let's not forget the drawbacks of the old system too. Squads used to sit on their points and purposely stay inactive once they had a comfy amount that assured a placement. Squads on the cusp were very selective in games they chose to play which for lower squads like Paladen, ossify and say psyiagon made sense. Also many mid level squads simply avoided hard squads and beat up on low squads. Each squad had their own strategy to make TWL in the old system too let's not forget and it all wasn't this rosey perfect system either. Participation IS a big factor to be considered these days and the zone needs activity in TWD very much so I'm not 100% against rewards for squads who stay active. Perhaps it can be tweeked some but I think the overall idea to reward activity definitely has/had merit and good intentions behind its implemetation. Another factor to think about too is now we have borrowing.. the ladder no matter what we do is NOT going to be a true reflection of each squads skillset. This situation is more complicated than first thoughts tend to be when you analize it. We want activity and its VERY important.

You want activity but you exclude people from playing... Makes sense! All you guys are doing is make people quit this game, or atleast play less. Amnesti clearly doesnt wanna play with potenza. But with those stupid rules he has to. This 'collective group' has no sense at all in hosting a league. You guys are making it like this TWD cup is the next big thing. While we can all tell you that Ill vs Potenza will be wb final and Ill vs Envy the jav final. Cuz all the other good players are left out the cup. Not everyone has the time to be online 24/7.

The biggest problem here is that staff is run nowadays by people from the lower squads, a pubber (no offense Qan, you doing great work, but with league decisions you shouldnt be there..) and a staffer who abuses in leagues and has a history of killing DSB.
    Major Crisis

Comment

I love how we have enough numbers to be stern enough to exclude people from playing............
      British> my 18th tomoz $$
      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

I'd like all games played and points awarded stricken away from record if the matches contained a borrowed player. Let's see how this all looks then.

Why make it so squads can play a 3v3 dd, borrow 2 players not from their squad so there is only 1 person in the dd from said squad, and then have that dd counted towards their qualification count?

Why have the system so flawed that borrowing is allowed and borrowed matches are counted in any of this yet the rosters are so restricted and locked 10 days in advance and no one but paladen can field 5 people. LOL.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

You guys are retarded nobody was excluded from this league. All i see is a bunch of whining over not making the playoffs or not being able to cheat around roster locks.

Comment

Rename thread to envy bans amnesti from playing on ill

As major just said everyone knows it would be envy vs ill. They'd rather me play with 4 pubbers than play an actual game lol. Discount twl means a lot to some people

Comment

You got what.....teams losing their way into "TWD Cup"....you got 4v4 finals in tsl with borrowed players from spec.....you got 10 decent players in every league.....and you got a handful of people wanting to play that made another squads to help the zone but have lives and couldn't make it and your locking them out? SWEET! I could have easily stayed on ill and pounded every team 50-25 and that would have been how it went. You fucking idiots should atleast let people join another team in some fair way. If your team didn't qualify for twl, you could join another team. TSL was ALL inclusive....twdt had a 2nd draft for stragglers....is this some NEW thing where it's so special that we have the tightest restrictions ever fucking made? your idiots
              1:waven> u challenge
              1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
              Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Let me clear up what I believe might be a misconception:

People are free to change squads and play regular TWD for whatever squads they are on. The stricter rules apply only to playoff participation.

As Geio stressed rules were posted well in advance in a pinned thread for everyone who cares about playoffs to take notice. Discussion on the extent of it would be open when the rules were announced - sure. After softlock has taken place and especially 4 days left until we kick off the playoffs that train has long passed.

Ignoring the rules now for the benefit of some particular players and squads would be reckless. I can't speak for all squads but like Geio said his squad Envy respected the rules and turned squadhoppers down after softlock, Sulake did exactly the same! Changing this stuff last minute would screw over the observant squads, moreover would be complete chaos of squadhopping. In the end the playoffs wouldn't be an extension of TWD as intended, but a completely different league. Those players who made their squads qualify through playing TWD would be benched for squadhoppers who did not help said squads during the season.

Also let me stress that the playoffs for some teams will end already on this Sunday, and the Champions will be known in only 2 weeks more. Nor TW nor the leagues are going to end with that - stay tuned!
                Last edited by skyforger; 05-02-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Lol tiny. Geio and envy want to win and they don't mind beating pee pee sock and hellrazor in the final. Real obvious stuff.. I mean this thread could not be more pathetic honestly

Comment

Originally posted by skyforger View Post
                    Those players who made their squads qualify through playing TWD would be benched for squadhoppers who did not help said squads during the season.

1. Is skyforger in charge of this league? Same guy who was banned from one league and almost the zone for constant spam and ignore evasion and bashing of our leagues? Just curious
                    2. I hope when you are referring to squadhoppers, you are referring to people who jumped from a team that was qualified to a better team that was qualified, and not referring to people wanting to participate after being beaten through sheer numbers of losses as opposed to actual skill and still wanting to play. People who made another squad to help with activity and create a challenge.
                    3. If you run a league again with this criteria again, I will make sure I stack a team so hard that people will not want to play at all from being embarrassed, and make you eat those ridiculous rules that make 0 sense.

I understand you are trying to adhere to rules in place, but if the rules in place apply to a game with an abundance of people that you are able to turn away, then I understand, but this is just stupid. There is plenty of fair ways to get people wanting to participate that didn’t squadhop (Amnesti) and stayed loyal and not abuse rules, like borrowing 90% of their players to play games and boost their numbers. I don’t think we borrowed but 1 player maybe a few times in our games.

#draftloyalplayers

Originally posted by MHz
                    Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Fuck it won't let me edit.....number fail......Fuk U internet explorer

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                        Fuck it won't let me edit.....number fail......Fuk U internet explorer
                        Allow 1.
                        "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
                        Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
                        Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Lock and load

I'm in, yes.
                          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                          X