Chats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chats

You know I think it would be a good idea if chat channels were passworded....then there would be less annoying pain in the asses on your chat channel uninvited/

This doesnt belong to TWD, if its about squad chat you can just use :#squadname:
    MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

I dont think hes talking about squad chat copy. It would be nice to have a password for chats.. But there are allot of negatives to it also.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I don't think you should be able to "own" a chat through pw ... just create some obsure chat like "oscarthegrouch" if your squad is called "garbage."

Comment

yeah, dark gift as of late has been having a rash of players finding our chat and wanting to harass us.
          DELETED

Comment

I understand what he's talking about.. there SHOULD be a way to own a chat. You should be able to ?chatkick people and have them not be able to get back on. whether with a password, or some other means. But changing a chat is a pain in the ass because you have to make sure you get everyone.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
              I understand what he's talking about.. there SHOULD be a way to own a chat. You should be able to ?chatkick people and have them not be able to get back on. whether with a password, or some other means. But changing a chat is a pain in the ass because you have to make sure you get everyone.
              Ur so correct , stole the words right out of my mouth. I don't know if they will ever make that option but it would be defiently kick ass.

-Tyson
              Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                Does that mean we have to start dealing with chat hoarders now too?
                Jav Guide: Jav Guide

Too bad you have to be a pallie to see it

Comment

How about if you own the squadname, you're automatically given ownership of the chat too. Like anyone wanting to join the chat 'DragonGuard' would have to get the password from me before they could join.

Staff aren't allowed to enforce chats, because all of SS have to share them, so anyone can join any chat they like, but it would be useful for squads to be able to have some power over their own chats.

I remember when War Angels decided to hijack our chat >.> it sucks that staff have no powers to enforce this, but it would be nice if Prittk released 0.39 soon, with all new chat management

Not likely....
                  www.liveforspeed.net

Comment

Originally posted by Lain
                    How about if you own the squadname, you're automatically given ownership of the chat too. Like anyone wanting to join the chat 'DragonGuard' would have to get the password from me before they could join.

Staff aren't allowed to enforce chats, because all of SS have to share them, so anyone can join any chat they like, but it would be useful for squads to be able to have some power over their own chats.

I remember when War Angels decided to hijack our chat >.> it sucks that staff have no powers to enforce this, but it would be nice if Prittk released 0.39 soon, with all new chat management

Not likely....
                    Only reason I decided to hijack ur chat Lain is because the leader of DragonGuard at that time hijcaked my squads chat , so eye for an eye u know what I mean.

-Tyson
                    Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                      I don't think you should be able to "own" a chat through pw ... just create some obsure chat like "oscarthegrouch" if your squad is called "garbage."
                      Right. Theres no urgent need to passworded chats though they would be great.. If some squad cant change their chats name because of some jerkass spamming there its their broblem for beeing idiots.

Make the bots stable prefer than use time to create new chats. I see many much more important things to fix in here

Comment

Working...
                      X