Double squadding in TWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double squadding in TWD

I think that the double squadding rule should be enforced.I know that twd isnt treadted as importantly as TWJ but I still think the rule should be enforced. also when a guy signes up to the squad a profile check should be done and sent to the squad owner. A squad owner is responsible for double squadiding occuring but there is no way for the owner to know if his squadmates are double squadding or not. Surely when you sign up to TWD the bot checks IP and Machine ID. It could easily check automatically if more than one profile is on that computer and not allow the person to sign up on more than one profile. if two people are using the same computer but different profiles a ZH could sign them up by special request?

sorry i ment TWL (not TWJ) isnt treated as importantly as TWD. I think though that if this issue is not dealt with at grass root TWD level then the problems will just get worse at TWL level.

Comment

Yes.

Yes, please enforce the Double Squadding rule. At least put a few people (as one person couldn't handle such a situation alone) to search weekly. Grant Mythrandir a set of trusted people to search weekly for double squadders and report them to him so he can enforce the rules.
      dong burger

Comment

Perhaps make the TWDBot check a players aliases when they !signup, to see if they're squadjoined or rostered to an existing twd squad.
        www.liveforspeed.net

Comment

Half of people who are in leagues double squad. There should be something done. But it's hard to fix.. An easy way would be to only let one person to sign up one name. Staff could check the users information like IPs .. That would still be almost impossible. It would take allot of work

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
          ---
          5:waven> freeze
          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
          5:Freeze> LOL
          5:waven> that's how things work around here
          --
          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Half? That's a rather farfetched figure.
            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

staff is ip sniffing all the time, its not impossible. (read: league ops)
              .: ExquisiteHosting.com
              .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
              zzz

Comment

I believe there is plenty being done about the issue. Hell I've been asked at least five times by various ops about this issue.

Comment

i know of people banned this week for double squadding...so someone must be checking.
                  PicHosting

Comment

I think that ip are only checked on demand.. if someone think there is some double squadding, he reports it.. or if he only want to make shit to other ppl.. he reports to ops

Comment

I know of a squad or two that has a name rostered that they let non-squad people use in twd games. That count as doublesquadding?
                      sdg

Comment

not really doublesquadding, but it definately is illegal. Report them.
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Doublesquading is uncool. 1 should also do something with using different nicks in Elims and Baseelims. Ranking system loses its point when ppl are having more than 1 name ranked.

And yes, (STFU), baseelim should be played for fun. Sometimes it can be fun to try to have a good rank.

Comment

Just a note: IP's can be changed at a heartbeat. Sniffing IP's is a good start, but look at CS (counter-stike) if you ever play it. So many people can get IP ban and come back in three minutes. And its even easier on WinXP and RH linux 9. #MAC checks are the only true way to check, but all you will get from that is a number for that machine. a #MAC number is the true number of the machine, while an IP number is just the number provided by your ISP. It can be changed.

So, to stop this problem, I suggest #MAC sniffing and common sence.
                            1:RabbitRapist> what if u die in some nuklear war, and there's no body :P
                            1:Death3D> didnt you hear? i cant die from nucular blasts
                            1:RabbitRapist> sweet
                            1:Death3D> its a "get out of a nuculear blast free card" bought it on ebay for 2 bucks
                            1:RabbitRapist> lol
                            1:bioture> loool

Comment

I double squad. I'm on faded and koyotae so sad. Tear?

Wheres a crying smily when u need it.
                              4 out of 5 people don't give a fuck!
                              You got shot!! Thats wtf!!

Comment

Working...
                              X