Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the bat signal - let's talk about TWDT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by zidane View Post
    if he was that elite you coulda picked him, i did pick last
    Yea tard i was gonna pick a 7 star wb while i could get Cape... When i needed Cape much more for base. You are a doofus man.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post
      Like you said yourself, the best it works when more than one person rates. Preferly spread over the old squads imo. I dont know who plays anymore ,but i am sure someone like commodo could help out instead of thunder only...
      Beggars can't be choosers. Fiercers, Dicers, and Pene people have never contributed to TWDT in great numbers. Thunder vets are the reason TWDT even exists. The 2013 was going to completely fall apart before Undercut agreed to start it (with K A N E eventually taking over).

      The people who stepped up to cap TWDT 2013? Ease, Zidane, Ogron, Hulk, Kate Upton, Infrared, Skatarius, and Dreamwin. Almost all Thunder players.

      I have repeatedly gone out of my way to include players from all the old squads, and mostly been rebuffed. I've ask them to captain, do ratings, etc.

      Dreamwin, Commodo, Stayon, Geio, and yourself have been some of the few who have been willing to help. Have fun trying to get a response from Fierce starters. I've asked like 30 different Penetrate core players over the years, and beyond Trasher writing a column for 1 season and Porkjet doing some recordings, none have wanted to help. Dicers? Lol.

      I think maybe showing some gratitude for the amount of time and effort Thunder players have put into TWDT instead of disdain might be appropriate. When other groups wouldn't step up to cap and do other stuff, those guys often reluctantly stepped in to help me because I begged them.

      Originally posted by Attacks
      Not sucking your dick ogron but you seem to be extremely good at doing ratings, from a warbird perpective you were pretty spot on.
      mythril thanks for addressing the multiship multicap issue. Picking last, last season ruined me
      There are always going to be haters, but the feedback I've received has been along similar lines. Like I said, I think the best ratings solution is consulting the best players in every league, and then, at the end, smoothing out the final ratings by yourself so they're consistent (Stayon and Zidane might have different ideas on what constitutes a 9 in jav, and averaging their ratings out is stupid.)

      The absolute worst ratings we ever had while I ran TWDT, that got the most complaints, was the one season where I let all 8 captains do the ratings and averaged them out. They were horrid. Averaging out doesn't work well. All it does is absolve the Head Op from blame. TWDT Head Op needs to be able to take the hate and be accused of bias, and just do the best ratings possible. (Unless they're incompetent, in which case someone else should do the ratings or perhaps averages would be less damaging.)
      S18 TWLB Champ
      S19 TWLB Runner-Up
      S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
      S21 TWLB Runner-Up
      S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
      S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
      S12 TWDT-B Champ
      S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
      S14 TWDT-B Champ
      S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

      Comment


      • #18
        keep crying doofus lol

        Comment


        • #19
          Merry Xmas u filthy animals!
          "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
          Napoleon Hill


          wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
          Dral>I can get implants

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

            There are always going to be haters, but the feedback I've received has been along similar lines. Like I said, I think the best ratings solution is consulting the best players in every league, and then, at the end, smoothing out the final ratings by yourself so they're consistent (Stayon and Zidane might have different ideas on what constitutes a 9 in jav, and averaging their ratings out is stupid.)

            The absolute worst ratings we ever had while I ran TWDT, that got the most complaints, was the one season where I let all 8 captains do the ratings and averaged them out. They were horrid. Averaging out doesn't work well. All it does is absolve the Head Op from blame. TWDT Head Op needs to be able to take the hate and be accused of bias, and just do the best ratings possible. (Unless they're incompetent, in which case someone else should do the ratings or perhaps averages would be less damaging.)
            Clause.... your opinions are just filled with fallacies and ignorance... you never back up anything you say. "Averaging out doesn't work well." Do you know that the laws of mathematics and the universe basically disagree with that statement you made? watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n98BhnwWmsc and when you are done watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOucwX7Z1HU

            Averaging or the wisdom of the crowd is the most accurate representation of data. The issue is you need 10,000 people for the most accuracy. With something that has a lot of bias like estimating someones skill in a game which is basically influenced heavily by popular opinion that formed over time of that persons skill, you would probably use the geometric mean.

            I still think you need the person being rated to rate themselves. Completely ignoring the person who is actually playing, has the most facts about how they play since they are present with themselves all the time and you maybe saw them play 1 game from spec once... ignoring this is retarded. Get a bunch of people to rate the persons skill, including the person themselves, and then get one of the averages.

            Even better is to base it on facts mixed with opinion and not just full on opinion. Make a bot that collects all measurable data and accounts for how a pro might play on the shittiest team imaginable. Anyone who plays just as good as that pro on a losing team would be top rated, despite their win/loss being 0-20. Individual skill does not = wins in a team game where your team is failing. Then take those bot ratings and have the player, the most skilled people in the game, and a third party evaluate how accurate the bot is, and get the average.

            Someone can also make a sheet that explains what a 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, and 5 would be. What are the criteria you judge? rate them all separately add them up and see if it gives a 9 or 10. This way everyone is using the same criteria. For a 10 we expect someone to be near perfect in every criteria all the time. For a 9 they slip up once in a blue moon? for an 8 they are usually very consistent, for a 7 they sometimes mess up in our list of criteria, and so on. Make these statements, find the criteria being judged, and send the sheet out to the people doing the ratings. Someone can have a 7 dodge, a 5 aim, but have a 10 out of 10 flagging, or team ability, and suddenly they are rated an 8.5..
            Last edited by Falconeer; 12-25-2018, 12:06 PM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Falconeer

              First off, I strongly urge you to go see a psychologist. Your constant, unending forum spam seeking attention and desperate need to sound intelligent and gain some sort of validation is not normal.

              I ran 5 TWDT seasons. I have more experience than anyone running leagues. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. When I say "averaging out doesn't work well", it's because it has been tried. I'm not busting out MLA citations and links just because you have a tumor pressing against your brain.

              Your Wisdom of the Crowd video has sample sizes of 1,000 to 10,000 people. It took me five weeks of hard work just to get 11 people to do the one TWDT season where we used averages (throwing out troll answers (i.e., Dreamwin rating every other cap a 10/10/10 to hurt their ratings). I believe I used the interquartile mean of the non-troll answers, as that seemed to make the most sense with a small sample size. I didn't do this because I thought it would produce the best ratings. I did it because I was tired of the constant whining about ratings. After the averages season was widely panned, everyone was much happier with me going back to just doing them myself.

              That was the goal, and it was a resounding success.

              Here's the thing: Your video and opinion have NO RELEVANCE. The types of sample sizes being discussed are not possible. You're just posting things to try to seem smart and knowledgeable. It has no useful application to TWDT.

              Moreover, in the video you linked, Galton's experiment gauged the wisdom of the crowd in guessing the weight of a butchered ox AT A COUNTY FAIR. As the presenter states, it was an event "where people knew quite a lot about meat and what that actual quantity of meat would come to". It is weighing a group of experts on a very simple task. Most Subspace players are NOT experts in all three leagues, let alone their own ship. Secondly, of the few experts there are, only a small percentage of them have spent significant time evaluating a vast swath of other players. Even fewer are willing to help TWDT. I can count on one hand the amount of people who can tell you the difference in skill between Ease and Apok in warbird or Cape and Zizu in terr. Yet the difference is significant. It takes thousands of hours of competitive play to know the difference between an empty stats Spider putting up 120-60 and a true difference maker who helps you win games. And that's 1 of 5 ships.

              You can keep blathering on about the geometric mean and other Wikipedia entries like Tower, it doesn't help the league in any way.

              The closest thing to Wisdom of the Crowd we've had is the 50-60 opinions you hear after a season on how the ratings and season felt. The consensus was the best ratings players have ever had was when I did them myself with the help of 4-5 experts. The worst were when they were averaged or someone else did them. It doesn't matter if you average out 10 people or 1000, because IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THEY'RE NOT EXPERTS.

              Get that through your fucking head.

              1) We don't have the sample sizes needed so your suggestion is of no value
              2) If we did have a large enough sample, it wouldn't matter because we don't have enough experts, so your suggestion is of no value


              And BTW, all the "theoretical" data collection you're suggesting someone write code for into the bots, I've already done. I have something called APM (Adjusted Plus-Minus), equivalent to RPM in the NBA, on multiple ships across thousands of games that helps form an objective opinion on each player as an isolated variable, which I have used in rating players for TWDT. Even then, it's somewhat noisy, given the sample sizes. RPM works best across 2 NBA seasons (or 164 games), and most TWL and TWDT seasons are 7-14 games. Most veteran players have between 50-200 games logged in the pros, so mileage varies.

              The only thing you're contributing to is people's migraines as you endlessly spam forums desperately trying to impress upon people that you're intelligent.
              S18 TWLB Champ
              S19 TWLB Runner-Up
              S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
              S21 TWLB Runner-Up
              S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
              S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
              S12 TWDT-B Champ
              S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
              S14 TWDT-B Champ
              S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                Falconeer

                First off, I strongly urge you to go see a psychologist. Your constant, unending forum spam seeking attention and desperate need to sound intelligent and gain some sort of validation is not normal.

                I ran 5 TWDT seasons. I have more experience than anyone running leagues. That's not an opinion, that's a fact. When I say "averaging out doesn't work well", it's because it has been tried. I'm not busting out MLA citations and links just because you have a tumor pressing against your brain.
                Oh damn it looks like someone's ego was hurt and they are reciting their resume to me. I didn't ask for your qualifications in a 2D game.

                Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                Your Wisdom of the Crowd video has sample sizes of 1,000 to 10,000 people. It took me five weeks of hard work just to get 11 people to do the one TWDT season where we used averages (throwing out troll answers (i.e., Dreamwin rating every other cap a 10/10/10 to hurt their ratings). I believe I used the interquartile mean of the non-troll answers, as that seemed to make the most sense with a small sample size. I didn't do this because I thought it would produce the best ratings. I did it because I was tired of the constant whining about ratings. After the averages season was widely panned, everyone was much happier with me going back to just doing them myself.
                I agree averages work best with 10k people, otherwise it's better to use the geometric mean. But you didn't say that, you just said averages don't work at all... you think 1 guy who knows everything (you) is qualified to judge skill in a game, but perceptions of skill are largely just public opinion. Which is why i suggested someone like qan actually make a bot (which would have to be designed properly) and from there veterans can use the information the bot gives to evaluate proper ratings while also using some sort of rubric/evaluation system (if you designed that system then great, pass it around don't keep it to yourself). Using someones 'gut' feelings or unannounced thoughts to make ratings is what causes that issue of 'someone elses criteria for 9/10 player will be different from yours'.

                Don't worry i don't need to sound smart, i care less what you or anyone thinks of me, i'm a faggot remember =)
                Last edited by Falconeer; 12-26-2018, 10:49 PM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  You think Qan is going to design a complex Real Plus-Minus statistical system and code it into the bots for 5 different ships in a dying game with no TWD or TWL activity on which to even use it on? Do you have any idea how much work RPM requires? Every NBA season has 60,000 game segments and you have to run R-squared regressions through a special program. Features that were 10x simpler and 10x less time-consuming that I asked for to be coded into the TSL bot never materialized.

                  Your previous suggestion is looking for sample sizes larger than the entire TW population.

                  Nothing you posit is even remotely realistic. Therefore, it is not helpful. That leaves 2 conclusions:

                  1) You're not intelligent enough to realize these suggestions have no value because they're completely unrealistic
                  2) You want to hear yourself talk

                  Such a system will never be implemented. If it was, there aren't enough games to have good sample sizes. If there were enough games, many players don't practice anymore and it wouldn't be useful in judging them. And people would intentionally throw in TWD and TSL games to tank their rating for TWDT to get to a lower star level.

                  That leaves 2 realistic paths:

                  1) You average out a small sample size of non-experts (something that has repeatedly produced the worst ratings)
                  2) Someone judges others' skills and consults with ship-specific experts

                  The latter is the best realistic option. To that point:

                  Originally posted by Falconeer
                  you think 1 guy who knows everything (you) is qualified to judge skill in a game (...)
                  You're right, I do think that. And so do a lot of other people. Anyone who has won multiple championships as a TWL or TWDT captain is probably an excellent candidate as well. I once benched Diakka in a TWDT-B Final, one of the biggest names in the history of basing, for someone with no Finals experience named MR. HOMO, and won. Hulk, Zidane, Mythril, Ease and others have done the same. If you want to win, you have to be able to evaluate talent on an extremely granular level. I've been benched by people who liked me way more than the guy they benched me for, and the talent difference was small. Competitive people care about winning. None of them give a shit about popular perception.

                  Originally posted by Falconeer
                  but perceptions of skill are largely just public opinion.
                  That is absolutely fucking untrue.

                  You don't win championships selecting players based on public opinion. You win championships identifying more skilled players at a higher rate than your opponents. The best players and captains in this game have played THOUSANDS of games with and against most of the players in TWDT.

                  That you think I would do ratings based on public opinion shows how little you understand about this game, or the veterans who excel at it. You want to know what the average thought process is for each player? Here you go:

                  Why is x player in shark an 8 and not a 9? Well, I'll tell you so. Because one of the top 3 sharks to ever play the game told me so, and he's played with and against the guy around 500 times. He reps too high in the cram, he's letting the enemy team crawl up the right side and establish position to clear out the weakside spider on the left of the cram, letting the enemy terr climb up and the next shark to attach and rep, pushing our team in the cram out, and letting them break.

                  Because he doesn't know all the burst patterns, and isn't repping bursts on the flag for the underspiders, and he isn't shifting right off attach to get to the right spots in time do so. He chokes in the clutch and makes bad mines in desperation. He's getting his 3 reps off, does okay in the cram, doesn't make too many mistakes, is a decent 2nd shark paired with a better player, but he focuses too much on trying to shrap the enemy terr and not enough clearing paths for his spiders to push. He isn't great against laggy euros either and struggles more with the timing on them. He doesn't watch his death screen closely enough before attaching and sometimes reps when the terr is close to enemy mines/walls.

                  But he's very active, has good reflexes, can be coached, and makes enough right plays that he's too good to be a value 7-Star. So he's an 8.

                  And that's the ship and position I understand the least.

                  I've played so much spider I can tell you which spiders intentionally let you shoot the enemy sharks first so they can get the last kill and boost their stats, which will camp and anti-camp in the cram and how fast their setup is, which spiders change their ship-speed when firing at sharks to change their bullet speed to force double reps, who knows how to push behind friendly sharks, who camps too much, who dives too much, who knows the burst patterns and who doesn't, especially underspiders, which as a terr I will change my bursts depending on the spiders playing under.

                  I don't burst under if Stayon/Acidbomber is there because he knows every pattern by heart, always spots the bursts ahead of time, and plays around them. Mikkiz is going to set a port high on go and try to port trap you if he loses the early battle. He won't burst the side holes at the entrance when breaking cram, so spiders can sit there freely without needing to worry about conserving energy to re-attach.

                  Zidane can tell you just as much about Javs.

                  Mythril can tell you which warbirds stand their ground, which WBs don't cross, who knows how to lure, who spots vulching opportunities, who shifts to dodge, who spins in place to dodge, who will actively fight for the corners of the enemy lines so you don't get flanked, who will intentionally clip through a rock to abuse the client, who will bounce off a rock when chasing to surprise you and attack, who has the best energy management, who can perform in the clutch, who chokes, who is better in 5v5 situations and is the best rockshot or radar-player, who performs better in the later stages when its 2v2, who are the best 1v1 duelers, who knows how to stay alive on 9, who knows when to hunt and when to just play the game out and not force the issue, etc.

                  The notion that you think it's just "public opinion" and some bullshit popularity contest, and not a bunch of experts with 10,000+ hours in multiple ships who have several hundred data points on each TWDT player when evaluating them, shows that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
                  S18 TWLB Champ
                  S19 TWLB Runner-Up
                  S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
                  S21 TWLB Runner-Up
                  S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
                  S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                  S12 TWDT-B Champ
                  S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                  S14 TWDT-B Champ
                  S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I think it's impossible for a bot to correctly measure skill. Eg. Someone pressuring a lot, forcing people into bad positions etc. while getting a subpar score.


                    ​​​
                    Originally posted by jerome
                    can we stop and wonder in amazement at the fact that we play a VIDEO GAME that has "generations"???

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      (throwing out troll answers (i.e., Dreamwin rating every other cap a 10/10/10 to hurt their ratings).
                      Dunno if this was intentional provocative comment but I dont recall doing this ever.

                      PS. These new forums suck.
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

                      Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      The winningest TWDT captain of all time

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        I think it's impossible for a bot to correctly measure skill. Eg. Someone pressuring a lot, forcing people into bad positions etc. while getting a subpar score.


                        ​​​
                        Indeed, there is so much more than the score itself. And we have seen in tsl the bot measuring skill is a joke. Skyforger was 100 100 100....

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          You think Qan is going to design a complex Real Plus-Minus statistical system and code it into the bots for 5 different ships in a dying game with no TWD or TWL activity on which to even use it on? Do you have any idea how much work RPM requires? Every NBA season has 60,000 game segments and you have to run R-squared regressions through a special program. Features that were 10x simpler and 10x less time-consuming that I asked for to be coded into the TSL bot never materialized.

                          Your previous suggestion is looking for sample sizes larger than the entire TW population.

                          Nothing you posit is even remotely realistic. Therefore, it is not helpful. That leaves 2 conclusions:

                          1) You're not intelligent enough to realize these suggestions have no value because they're completely unrealistic
                          2) You want to hear yourself talk
                          You like talking about me that's all we know for sure. I also think you're projecting - maybe you like reading your own typing?

                          Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          Such a system will never be implemented. If it was, there aren't enough games to have good sample sizes. If there were enough games, many players don't practice anymore and it wouldn't be useful in judging them. And people would intentionally throw in TWD and TSL games to tank their rating for TWDT to get to a lower star level.

                          That leaves 2 realistic paths:

                          1) You average out a small sample size of non-experts (something that has repeatedly produced the worst ratings)
                          2) Someone judges others' skills and consults with ship-specific experts

                          The latter is the best realistic option. To that point:
                          No one wants to read your defeatist attitude, tired of people like you in the game. "THE GAME IS DEAD LET IT DIE!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. NO ONE DOES ANYTHING EVER AND THEY NEVER WILL! WAHHHHHHH!" even qan is a defeatist dipshit, but sadly he's the only dipshit we have who can code anything. You guys need to lighten up and brighten up and have some optimism, as long the servers are up the game is not dead and can't die. I see shittier games with more population, I see older games with more population than subspace. What does that tell you? is the game bad, or is it just your attitudes that suck? Figure it out smart one.

                          Just because it's hard to make a good bot, doesn't mean it's not the right and best choice. Are you saying you'd rather not have these things? Nothing is impossible, i don't know where you're getting this from.
                          "At first, dreams seem impossible, then improbable, and eventually inevitable." - Christopher Reeve

                          Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          You're right, I do think that. And so do a lot of other people. Anyone who has won multiple championships as a TWL or TWDT captain is probably an excellent candidate as well. I once benched Diakka in a TWDT-B Final, one of the biggest names in the history of basing, for someone with no Finals experience named MR. HOMO, and won. Hulk, Zidane, Mythril, Ease and others have done the same. If you want to win, you have to be able to evaluate talent on an extremely granular level. I've been benched by people who liked me way more than the guy they benched me for, and the talent difference was small. Competitive people care about winning. None of them give a shit about popular perception.
                          Competitive people are no more skilled than the guy they rate a 7. They probably die 5-3 to him in a duel too. The only difference between the "pros" and none "pros" is that you guys care too much about your dumb image to get in a game with none-stacked teams, or to recruit noobs to your squads, or to stay the same ship the entire game. I see pro's changing ships to get the edge to fit every situation, or using the most OP ship sometimes, because the reality is you guys suck. Anyone can do that, just because your opponents don't doesn't mean they are less skilled, they just care less and weren't owned into a whole new ship to try and win. This whole game is popular perception, how about I spec your leagues and learn who the biggest turds are and call you guys out.

                          You guys don't select players who are skilled because you are swayed by popular opinion. You actually believe the person is rated 6/10 because everyone else does. That's the funny part. And that's what throws off your leagues, because you'll have under-estimated a lot of people.

                          You might get your ratings right or close to right 80% of the time, but to act as if there is no bias or popular opinions or people being under-estimated is a joke.


                          Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                          The notion that you think it's just "public opinion" and some bullshit popularity contest, and not a bunch of experts with 10,000+ hours in multiple ships who have several hundred data points on each TWDT player when evaluating them, shows that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
                          WB league has the most unskilled players who wait for you to fire then shift close to you and shoot. Any retard can do that, that's not skill. Skill is using your mini map to snipe someone 3 screens away, consistently every time. No one has that skill because you all play warbird like tail-gating douche bags.

                          I agree with you that a set of professionals should evaluate the players. But i'm saying additionally there should be other checks in place because professionals are typically bias douche bags, in this order.

                          1. A well designed bot
                          2. A group of veterans: who use some sort of system/rubric.
                          3. (optional) The player themselves rates themselves with the same rubric.
                          4. All of this is averaged out using the most accurate averaging technique.
                          Last edited by Falconeer; 12-27-2018, 03:49 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                            Mythril can tell you which warbirds stand their ground, which WBs don't cross, who knows how to lure, who spots vulching opportunities, who shifts to dodge, who spins in place to dodge, who will actively fight for the corners of the enemy lines so you don't get flanked, who will intentionally clip through a rock to abuse the client, who will bounce off a rock when chasing to surprise you and attack, who has the best energy management, who can perform in the clutch, who chokes, who is better in 5v5 situations and is the best rockshot or radar-player, who performs better in the later stages when its 2v2, who are the best 1v1 duelers, who knows how to stay alive on 9, who knows when to hunt and when to just play the game out and not force the issue, etc.
                            Could of typed "vys" would of saved you a lot of time my man
                            Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              The notion that you think it's just "public opinion" and some bullshit popularity contest, and not a bunch of experts with 10,000+ hours in multiple ships who have several hundred data points on each TWDT player when evaluating them, shows that you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.
                              +1

                              Genuinely shocked that Falco is still not banned from the forum.
                              Everyone knows he's trolling, he admits he's trolling, yet it continues...
                              Use brain, ban Falco.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Falconeer View Post
                                Competitive people are no more skilled than the guy they rate a 7. They probably die 5-3 to him in a duel too. The only difference between the "pros" and none "pros" is that you guys care too much about your dumb image to get in a game with none-stacked teams, or to recruit noobs to your squads, or to stay the same ship the entire game. I see pro's changing ships to get the edge to fit every situation, or using the most OP ship sometimes, because the reality is you guys suck. Anyone can do that, just because your opponents don't doesn't mean they are less skilled, they just care less and weren't owned into a whole new ship to try and win. This whole game is popular perception, how about I spec your leagues and learn who the biggest turds are and call you guys out.

                                looool, finally the truth comes out. all makes sense now. you're a bad player with a chip on his shoulder who thinks he's just as good as the vets.

                                if only someone created a league where you didn't get to choose your team, played 100s of random matches, and your success was entirely dependent on your performances, we could test your theory.

                                oh wait, we did, it's called the first two seasons of TSL.

                                and, shocker, all the best players were the vets who are highly rated in TWDT. all the best players in jav and wb hit $500+ in those leagues, and none of the bad players did.

                                there is no conspiracy theory. you're bad at this game, and all the other bad players are bad at this game, and no one is keeping them off teams arbitrarily.

                                Originally posted by Falconeer
                                You guys don't select players who are skilled because you are swayed by popular opinion. You actually believe the person is rated 6/10 because everyone else does. That's the funny part. And that's what throws off your leagues, because you'll have under-estimated a lot of people.
                                You have no idea what you're talking about. I created all the low-star slots in TWDT. It has helped tons of promising and up-and-coming players get exposure to playing with pros, and back in the day helped them get recruited to elite TWL teams.

                                Being low-rated is an advantage!

                                How do you not get that?

                                If a TWDT rater has underestimated a player's talent... that player will immediately become a hot commodity for being rated too low, and become a superstar in TWDT. If someone is trying to "keep you down" by giving you a low rating, and you're actually good, IT HAS THE OPPOSITE EFFECT! So your theories are ridiculous and untrue.

                                I re-built this league into being a place for getting non-elite players getting serious playtime.

                                There are 8, 7, and 6-Star lots in jav and wb, and 8, 7, 7, 6 star slots in base.

                                This league is literally filled with non-veterans getting legitimate shots at winning titles. A big part of TWDT is giving new and non-elite players shots at becoming a veteran, or at least contributing to the team's success.

                                I've dedicated serious amounts of my time to non-vets through TSL and TWDT and getting them involved in leagues, and way too much time to arguing with you on the internet.

                                You don't know what you're talking about, and you have nothing worthwhile to contribute to the conversation on leagues. I'm adding you to my forums ignore list, and never reading another thing you ever write.

                                Good riddance.

                                S18 TWLB Champ
                                S19 TWLB Runner-Up
                                S20 TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB Champ
                                S21 TWLB Runner-Up
                                S8/S9/S10 TWDT-D/TWDT-J/TWDT-B Champ
                                S11 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                                S12 TWDT-B Champ
                                S13 TWDT-B Runner-Up
                                S14 TWDT-B Champ
                                S16 TWDT-B Runner-Up

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X